Page 784 of 1167 FirstFirst ... 284684734774782783784785786794834884 ... LastLast
Results 15,661 to 15,680 of 23337
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arathain View Post
    . I don't know that I ever saw an American halftrack or felt all that threatened by one.
    It's sat there 10 feet behind the fog reinforcing every squad of vet 3 shrecked up riflemen, it's hurrying 2 flamer squads past your bunker AND at gun and it's turning every dropped MG/Mortar into a new squad practically free. If you don't fear American "hafteacks" you have seen NOTHING.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm glad they got some use. I really like them. I just didn't tend to see them in the games I played or the replays I watched.

There are good games of Dota 2, and then there are the kinds of games where no one in your team speaks English on English server, everyone except one picks supports and the one who picks carry decides to do some crazy experimenting (and dying a lot in the process) and we lose the game in 40 minutes since the other team didn't feel quite like pushing. You can probably guess which kind of game the last one was.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Started Krater. Quit it after 30 minutes. The game is bad in a bunch of different ways. The menus weren't responding to clicks and mouse highlighting was off target. The combat seemed pretty boring, almost like WoW. Dialogue consisted of a lot of questions with only one answer. There was also a strange filter on that made everything look blurry. I'm not using an incredibly complex machine, but it just looked bad. That's a shame because it looks neat from the outside.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    Started Krater. Quit it after 30 minutes...
    That was pretty much my experience and opinion. I wanted to like it but it's the wrong kind of janky.

Played about 40 minutes of Toy Soldiers, and those seemed like a lot more. The game looks plain dull to me, and the console-y controls always feel a bit off to me (FTR Iron Brigade gave me the same weird vibe). About half way in I couldn't help saying: you should really be playing Defense Grid instead. I guess it's gonna join the other androids in the retirement pile unless someone tells me it has aces up its sleeves.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I love the aesthetic of Toy Soldiers. It's colourful, as a toy box should be, but the use of WW1 period iconography and music brings a sinister edge that sits comfortably with the tower defense mechanics. I agree that the controller based controls are a bit clunky, even with a pad. Still, the different turrets are varied and interesting to control.

If you don't like it now I don't know a whole lot changes. You get controllable aircraft a little later, which are crude, but strafing and dogfighting in a tower defense game is a new experience.

I'm at the end of Hotline Miami.
    I hate boss battles.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    I'm at the end of Hotline Miami.
    I hate boss battles.
    That one isn't so bad. I found the first one to be worse. There's about 3 things you have to figure out and that's it, beyond that it's all about timing. I will say the mask that makes you move faster is probably the handiest if only for dealing with the puma things.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Any recommendations for games like Space pirates and Zombies and Hotline Miami?

Haven't played much of it but in the vein of SPAZ you have Starsector. Have in mind that it's still in alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Haven't played much of it but in the vein of SPAZ you have Starsector. Have in mind that it's still in alpha.
    Hmm i don't think so, i don't like that it's in alpha i would prefer it to be released. I just want something like the SPAZ or HM, but it doesn't have to just be like it, it can be like driftmoon or other genres.

Been on a point and click adventure kick for a few weeks now. Went through Machinarium, Discworld 1 and 2 and working on Primordia now. It's quite decent but I've felt the need to disable voice acting like I did with Gemini Rue. It's not that the voice actors are awful but they aren't particularly good either at delivering the script they were given.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderwaterCacty View Post
    If you have never played the classic GTA games then Rockstar now offers them free here. GTA2 in particular has never been surpassed as a top-down view killing-spree sim and is as fun today as it was on release. Works for most people in Win 7.

Retro City Rampage is a bit like HLM as well but personally I could not stomach more then 20 minutes of it. The only other recent isometric shooters of worth I can think of at the moment are Bastion, Frozen Synapse and one in the Tomb Raider franchise whose name I can't recall.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    I've been switching it up between Occult Chronicles and Rogue Legacy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderwaterCacty View Post
    Galactic Arms race is somewhat similar to SPAZ. It's a bit more 3d but not quite as smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    Galactic Arms race is somewhat similar to SPAZ. It's a bit more 3d but not quite as smooth.
    Hmm i see...

Then any recommendation for something good turn-based?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I just managed to play 10,000,000 for an hour straight. I didn't even like the premise but as it turns out it's bloody addictive.

Edit: Also tonight I've tried Dead Pixels (severely meh) and Binary Domain, which seems alright despite what I'd heard about it way back, except... When it asked me to press and hold M, I did so, but nothing happened. I couldn't progress after that. Also why on earth is mouselook so damn fast? It's not looking good, but I've filed it under my 'games for 360 pad' category, I might give it another go when I get Big Picture working on my TV.
    Last edited by neema_t; 27-06-2013 at 10:42 PM.

I felt like some mindless fun, and I got Torchlight as a GoG freebie, so I'm smashing things in dungeons. It's OK, I guess, and I'm playing it as the melee class on "normal", so I can't blame it if it's straightforward. I had a DS game a bit like it called Dungeon Explorer, where you had a robot you could swap parts in and out of for different abilities.

Edit: Having re-read the RPS review, I started from scratch on hard, and it's much better - I have to think a little about the aimless slaughter.
    Last edited by Pertusaria; 28-06-2013 at 12:24 AM.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    I never thought I'd say this but two hours on DoTA and it's got me hooked. Played a bit of it a few years ago but it didn't really clicked but now? I can harldy stop.
    This is me right now.
    Also, I started a new game of skyrim, I never finished the old one, so it was about time.

I got an invite to Firefall beta thanks to a fellow RPSer. I just played 5 minutes after the download, it was latee. Will try it later.

And I finaly completed Ninja Gaiden Sigma plus... Took me 22 hours of gameplay over more than 6 month... I am not sure I liked it. Some parts are great but the story and setting are crap. Plus, why Ninja ? No stealth, no thievery, just combat and accrobatics... Oh well, at least I played one for my gamer's general experience.

Tried to play a bit of Borderlands 2 but was too tired... I don't like the savepoint system for short SP sessions. You always restart at the beggining of a zone with monsters respawned. Torchlight 2 does that perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless