Page 799 of 1136 FirstFirst ... 299699749789797798799800801809849899 ... LastLast
Results 15,961 to 15,980 of 22715
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    True enough. OpenTTD is a fantastic continuation of the game, and Chris Sawyer's latest attempt with Locomotion wasn't exactly stellar.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Spent the weekend playing the hell out of Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed. It really is a fantastic little cart racer, and by far the best game of its kind of PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Granted, I guess it's not only about games; I can't really focus on anything lately, but it's rather frustrating.
    Not implying anything here, but I notice a pattern in your choice of games...
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Not implying anything here, but I notice a pattern in your choice of games...
    oh, that most of them have trading cards? yeah, they do, though in my defence I got all of them (except for Scribblenauts) way before trading cards existed, so they are ones I want to play, or at least thought I might want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Spent the weekend playing the hell out of Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed. It really is a fantastic little cart racer, and by far the best game of its kind of PC.
    It really is outstanding, and has somehow eaten up 12 hours over the past few days!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Strazz View Post
    Been playing Wargame: Airland Battle. I'm enjoying the fact that I don't have to "unlock" units before being able to add them to my deck.
    This pretty much sold me the game. I did buy the first one, but I didn't like the campaign, and was gutted to discover skirmishing wouldn't get me any extra units. Airland Battle is the big lovely toybox I hoped EE would be, conveniently attached to a huge, complex and fascinating game. Also, dynamic, non-scripted campaigns! Much happier.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Thoughts on Deadllight – really beautifully crafted backdrops. The platform you were standing on has a tendency to fall dramatically every time you make a big leap. Felt the ending twist was totally unnecessary and was there just because the game had to have a twist, it’s like, the law or something. And it finally happened, I am getting sick of zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post

I'll second (well third apparently) that statement. I bought the game back at the PC release in a 4-pack to play with my friends and it is really excellent.

Oh wow, I had no idea that Just Cause 2 had AI in place for aerial evasive maneuvers. If you're in a fighter jet and you shoot another plane, it starts to dodge and weave to avoid it. There's literally no reason why you should ever shoot at another plane; they don't have offensive AI, they don't count towards any achievement counters (like fuel tanks destroyed etc.) and they don't give you any special rewards. Plus, all planes are friendly to you. And they still added rudimentary dogfighting mechanics just to make it fun to shoot down other planes. That's fantastic.

Obscure Node
    I tried The Train http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE0qr_3sxck

Not my best idea :D

Don't Starve has blown away my mind pretty thoroughly. Dunno what to make of Children of the Nile, I call it "the waiting game". If anyone would like to explain me why I should keep playing it, I'm all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    oh, that most of them have trading cards? yeah, they do, though in my defence I got all of them (except for Scribblenauts) way before trading cards existed, so they are ones I want to play, or at least thought I might want to play.
    Maybe they're not the games you want to play right now? I died too at the beginning of TWD (the game successfully put pressure on me and I could find only the shell and not the gun on my first try). It doesn't take a lot of time to pick up the basics, it's a very simple game mechanically (I'd still recommend to enable object highlighting, though)
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Super Hexagon is taps into my autism and takes control of my mind. I've only gotten up to square so far.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    I finished the game before, so I know what you mean. It's the setting I like, more than the story :)

But its kinda funny,while i hated that SA is so long,it was fun doing all those diverse missions (For example quickly burning down ganja farm before police came :D),when in GTA 4 they really made shooting and driving system better,you were doing the same missions whole game,go here then there and kill few people,repeat 40 times.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    But its kinda funny,while i hated that SA is so long,it was fun doing all those diverse missions (For example quickly burning down ganja farm before police came :D),when in GTA 4 they really made shooting and driving system better,you were doing the same missions whole game,go here then there and kill few people,repeat 40 times.
    Truth.

It looks like GTA V might be a bridge between the two - the tight mechanics of GTA IV and the diversity of San Andreas.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    This is the same problem that I had. Try dabbling in DSFix, I think something about the borderless window did it for me. But then again I accidentally changed my windows background and the sounds before I found the cursor catching option.

So I fixed these, but of course it wasnt just that. Have now rage-uninstalled it. the new rage-quit.

Don't think I'm going to bother with the second one. I have to accept that some games just aren't for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    I tried out Dark Souls, after buying it on gamersgate last week, for slightly cheaper than on steam now (phew!). It took some modding and some DSFix.ini tweaking to even get it running at my standard resolution. And to even find the key that opens the menu in game I had to restart the game and look in the options. it's "end".

I was ready to cope with this. But in the tutorial, the game keeps throwing instructions at you about how to use the buttons on your controller. I don't have one. "Press RT + RB to jump attack" puts me in a difficult position. I would have to play the tutorial again to find out which actions "RT" and "RB" prompted, and press the appropriate keys again when I get to that section.

And GFWL gets an extra paragraph, too, but no more words.

All this, and my tolerance for the actual game suffers slightly. But in the first few minutes I find I do like the combat, it's basically how I like my swordfighting. fine then. After a few first corridors, the game puts me up against a big guy and it's pretty obvious I have to go around him at this point. But no, a few corridors and a new sword later, here we are again, and I'm none the wiser.

I know Dark Souls is a console game, and sometimes I'm completely fine with those. This however, represents everything I have always hated about those kind of games. weird controls, lots and lots of boss fights. Shoulda known better, but I guess I was coerced by Robert Florence's Dark Souls Twitter account.
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    This is where I gave up with Dark Souls. All DSFix did for me was make the game run in an 800x600 sub-window in the top left corner of my 1680x1050 monitor (the rest of the monitor was black), and it also had the extra comedic effect of making water reflections act like another window inside the first window. Look: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=156513786

So yeah, I want to get on and enjoy it because it looks stunning and I've heard good things, but it's just so broken. Hopefully the sequel is ported properly.

DO YOU GUYS EVEN READ THE READ ME?

All you have to do is disable the in game anti aliasing and its fixed. Sheesh.

yes, ok, the very small sub-window resolution thing I managed to fix. But my argument was that all the other things weigh in, and I'm just not willing to cope with all that. I do admire the endurance for fiddling-until-stuff-works of some people here, but I don't have it.

Muddling through Alan Wake. I saw somebody else mention the low quality level of writing in a game about a writer, and that is pretty jarring. I've only made it two chapters in, and while I want to like it, I'm actually just forcing myself through it in short bursts. Really hoping it picks up.

Started Bioshock Infinity. I've made some decent progress, I think. The visuals everyone gushed over at release are indeed chock full of graphics. Gameplay is, so far, meh. Lots of being forced into whatever direction the plot needs me to go. The world is interesting, but that's what Bioshock does.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I thought Alan Wake was taking the piss for a while - if they'd put a BIT more effort in, they might have actually made something out of it

Oh wait - no - for 2 reasons

1 - it's clearly riffing on Stephen King, from the lighthouse at the start through car crashes and a schlocky plot
    2 - we have a writer who's gone to a remote cabin with his wife who is AFRAID OF THE DARK - isn't that like taking someone who's got a spider phobia to the Insect House in the Zoo - e.g. bloody stupid??

Don't get me wrong, SK has created some memorable concepts but his writing isn't top notch and what worries me most is that his endings tend to be really shit - so I guess they'll copy that too.

I actually read 'Under the Dome' last year and honestly wish I'd not bothered, my dog has had 3 better concepts for an ending today alone...

I do like the scenery tho - some of the settings are really lovely, esp. if you can get the crappy talking-head NPCs out of the way

Papers, Please today and oh, it's still feels too goddamn short but so good. I did a few accidents like subconsciously denying a couple when I wanted to approve or letting a few people with discrepancies in. Sometimes this game just caught me by surprise like a suicide bomber I unwittingly let in who just walked up to the guards and blew himself to gibs . My family died even I had penalties down to the minimum or none at all.

Also, Gunpoint's demo was pure brill
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Hotline Miami - This is my second time playing it. I love this game so much. I can't wait for HM2. Furthermore, the soundtrack is often played when I sit at my computer. All in all, this is one of my favorite games of all time.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - I'm so lost. (I'm an American, and I don't drive anything bigger than my Ford Ranger). KB&M isn't working too well for me, so I'll try out my gamepad. I am not buying a wheel, as I can find something better to do with the money.

McPixel - It's dumb and fun.

Dust: An Elysian Tail - 35%. I'm having a difficult time going back to play.
    Last edited by Pinkscare; 16-07-2013 at 08:43 PM.