Page 839 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 339739789829837838839840841849889939 ... LastLast
Results 16,761 to 16,780 of 23285
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    So... yeah, still Europa Universalis IV. I can't even think of other games right now. This is probably good news for my bank account.
    I'm still figuring out which factions click for me. I really want to do well with Norway because Norway is cool, but they're in such a bad position with denmark and its other vassal lackeys that.... yeah. I could cheese it and just start as denmark, release norway etc, but nah.

Been playing some genoa though, because I want to play an italian trading republic and the left side of italy is my favourite side.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    I'm still figuring out which factions click for me. I really want to do well with Norway because Norway is cool, but they're in such a bad position with denmark and its other vassal lackeys that.... yeah. I could cheese it and just start as denmark, release norway etc, but nah.

Been playing some genoa though, because I want to play an italian trading republic and the left side of italy is my favourite side.
    One weird thing in my Portugal game (still my first game, I play very slowly) is that both Norway and Sweden are practically dead. They haven't done anything in 120 years. Denmark gets in wars every now and then, but I guess the vassal status really hurts them. Come to think of it, I haven't seen an AI vassal breaking vassalization so far. In EU2 this happened all the time, and made for a very lively Sweden (I never played EU3, so I don't know when they changed that).

Oh, and by "Italy's favorite side" do you mean "the side that doesn't get immediately eaten by Austria"?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    One weird thing in my Portugal game (still my first game, I play very slowly) is that both Norway and Sweden are practically dead. They haven't done anything in 120 years. Denmark gets in wars every now and then, but I guess the vassal status really hurts them. Come to think of it, I haven't seen an AI vassal breaking vassalization so far. In EU2 this happened all the time, and made for a very lively Sweden (I never played EU3, so I don't know when they changed that).
    Yeah, basically, if you play as say norway, you're in a situation where not only are you vassalised to denmark, but sweden and holstein are too. What that of course means is if you declare independence, you not only have denmark fighting you, but also sweden and holstein. Because you're a vassal you can't make allies, and you can't declare your own wars to expand your territory, so you're locked into a really terrible situation that requires skill and a bit of luck to get out of, especially if you don't know every advanced trick in the series (I don't. I definitely don't.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Norway and Sweden are in PU, not vassals. PU breaks automatically on ruler death if the PU leader doesn't keep positive prestige and positive relations with the PU members. It's a lot more fragile than vassalization - but of course the benefits are also potentially greater.

I'm having a lot of fun as Denmark right now. Don't see how Norway is more cool, unless you want to focus on colonization via Greenland (Norway gets exploration and a colonist via national idea so you don't need to get the Exploration idea group - trade is well suited for Norway, though Diplomacy is also just an all-around awesome idea group).

PS: In EU3 the junior partner in a PU would spam diplomatic insults if the leader had a smaller army than them. Sweden was a royal pain in the neck if you played Denmark.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    The middle third of Crysis 2 is one of the best shooters ever made.
    Honestly, any time Crysis involves shooting humans it is REALLY REALLY fun. It is just that the aliens are always kind of shit, since it just turns them into bullet sponges. Although, then again, Warhead's nanosuit norks were pretty fun, and they were definitely spongey.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

I'm (re)playing Assassin's Creed II and then Brotherhood. It's extremely weird to feel nostalgic about something just 3 years old but damn, I'm SO nostalgic.

On the philistine portable front I'm playing Fire Emblem Awakening and it's just outstanding.

I remember playing Crysis Warhead, selecting super speed, and if you ran towards him he would be scared. After i stood in front of him for about 2-3 seconds to admire the scared look on his face, after which i selected super strength and punched him.
    Good times, good times.

this is probably the fastest time I have ever cleared a level in Deus Ex . I just climbed up some crates, completely ignoring Gunther, threw a gas grenade to a coupla guards and shot them up. Proceeded to interrogate the leader and it's all done. cane back down for Gunther and he slipped away. guess he didn't need me after all. all that in about half an hour.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    this is probably the fastest time I have ever cleared a level in Deus Ex .
    One of the things I love about Deus Ex is how open the whole game is. You're given a lot of freedom when approaching your objectives, which means you can sometimes figure out solutions that not even the developers though of. By contrast, the environments in Human Revolution were a lot more controlled. Scenes like this simply wouldn't be possible in that game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Finished Teleglitch Die More in one go from start to finish without using emergency teleporters, killed last boss in about 15 seconds( but not fast enough to get achievement). All in all I've spent 25 hours in this game, diying silly deaths and honestly I didn't expect to win. But I decided to start from scratch and it turned out a lucky run from the start, I had all upgrades and minigun early( even though I had no reason to use it before the last boss) and I was swimming in healthpacks and armor plates. It was harder to manage inventory than to play a game. When you learn what weapon to usу on what enemy it becomes a matter of shooting straight and not panicking. Just save minigun ammo. I had 1000+ bullets before the boss and it took about 250 to kill it. Some may say last fight was a letdown.

Some random thoughts: Nailgun is worthless IMO. Haven't found much use for teslacoil or railgun, had to get rid in favour for a lasgunmod. It may be a good idea to save materials like tubes to get a decector ASAP. Exploring everything is an imperative. Levels are not random enough. Save system is idiotic since starting from scratch is easier most of the time. Squids are easy to push into the void. Scientists( grey guards) are bastards. Atmosphere isn't really as dark and opressive as some people claim. All in all, a flawed but very enjoyable game.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 24-08-2013 at 12:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Banned
    Spacehem! Just got to Sikutar. This damn game is hard. The last mandatory stage on alkonost had me tweaking till 5 in the morning. Beat it in 1 reactor though so pretty proud.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    Norway and Sweden are in PU, not vassals. PU breaks automatically on ruler death if the PU leader doesn't keep positive prestige and positive relations with the PU members. It's a lot more fragile than vassalization - but of course the benefits are also potentially greater.

I'm having a lot of fun as Denmark right now. Don't see how Norway is more cool, unless you want to focus on colonization via Greenland (Norway gets exploration and a colonist via national idea so you don't need to get the Exploration idea group - trade is well suited for Norway, though Diplomacy is also just an all-around awesome idea group).

PS: In EU3 the junior partner in a PU would spam diplomatic insults if the leader had a smaller army than them. Sweden was a royal pain in the neck if you played Denmark.
    Oh, really? Thank you for the information. I did see that but I wasn't quite sure how it worked. Whether it was an x% chance like the owners of personal unions have to inherit or what.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Started and beat Ittle Dew last night. It's a cute game that tries to be Zelda. It's fun in it's own right, but not great.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Oh, really? Thank you for the information. I did see that but I wasn't quite sure how it worked. Whether it was an x% chance like the owners of personal unions have to inherit or what.
    It's also worth noting if you weren't aware that human-controlled lesser partners in Personal Unions will never be inherited by the AI, so you don't have to worry about that.

Another thing to consider if it proves to be a big problem that Denmark also have a union with Sweden is that from 1453 bookmark onwards, Denmark is not in a union with Sweden I don't think, so you could start at a slightly later date. Personally I prefer the 1492 bookmark in EU games anyway, Europe seems better defined by that bookmark.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Is it me or are the "Spread of Protestantism" events just a tad too annoying? I keep getting provinces in Africa and America converted, which makes little sense.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Is it me or are the "Spread of Protestantism" events just a tad too annoying? I keep getting provinces in Africa and America converted, which makes little sense.
    I don't know much about the game, but why would the spread of Protestantism not make sense in the Americas?

Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    I don't know much about the game, but why would the spread of Protestantism not make sense in the Americas?
    It would, but not around 1560. I'm thinking it's more of a game-y thing so that the Iberian nations don't have it too easy when it comes to religion.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It would, but not around 1560. I'm thinking it's more of a game-y thing so that the Iberian nations don't have it too easy when it comes to religion.
    Eh. The 95 theses were in 1520. Hus was in 1420. It's conceivable that the reformation could have come at any time and possibly spread more quickly than it did.

A lot of the proto-reformers such as the Waldensians, Hussites or Fraticelli were excommunicated and persecuted, though. Not to mention singular people such as Savonarola. Indeed, Francis of Assisi probably shared many of their views but he adhered to the authority of the church all of the time which is why he was canonized. The absurdity of the indulgence was certainly not lost on the people of the time.
    It simply took quite a while until the movement reached a critical mass.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by AshEnke View Post
    You convinced me ! Bought it.
    As have I. Helped by the fact that I've gained almost £15 from Steam card/item selling over the last week or so.