Page 856 of 1138 FirstFirst ... 356756806846854855856857858866906956 ... LastLast
Results 17,101 to 17,120 of 22758
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    They are action horrors, really.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    They are games illustrating the creeping horror of the corporate dystopia in which we live. But SimCity arguably did it better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Well to be honest i was kinda scared at the beginning of Dead Space,then when i got pistol after 10 minutes of gameplay all scariness disappeared :x

Obscure Node
    Was playing Crusader Kings 2 and was doing pretty well, gained my independence from King Karl the Fat and was feeling pretty good until RANDOMLY the King Of Sweden decides fuck you and invades me then kills my character who never had a son, now my dynasty and my fun is over, kind of annoyed.

So, with my exams over, I finally wanted to delve into Dark Souls, a game which I had been looking forward to very much.

Turns out I don't really like it. I'm in the Undead Burg, and even getting to the Taurus Demon is a pain. I can either run, which sometimes doesn't work because of the backstabby attacks, or I can fight all the enemies on my way there, which makes my eventual defeat all the more crushing because I lose all my souls.

So, am I doing something wrong or is it just not my kind of game?
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Quote Originally Posted by Labbes View Post
    So, with my exams over, I finally wanted to delve into Dark Souls, a game which I had been looking forward to very much.

Turns out I don't really like it. I'm in the Undead Burg, and even getting to the Taurus Demon is a pain. I can either run, which sometimes doesn't work because of the backstabby attacks, or I can fight all the enemies on my way there, which makes my eventual defeat all the more crushing because I lose all my souls.

So, am I doing something wrong or is it just not my kind of game?
    Just climb the difficulty curve. As long as you don't give up you're fine. Don't use guides.
    Steam ID ; GFWL: alset85

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    This is funny,people actually think Dead Space games are horror games :x
    I wonder why nobody considers this the equivalent of laughing at people for not liking food as spicy as you? They're definitely horror games. Just because they're not the scariest game ever made doesn't stop them being horror games. The first 2 are the best horror games are ever played because they're not the scariest. It was just the right level of tension for me to find it enjoyable, without never getting past the first chapter of the game. Honestly. Not everything has to be Amnesia.

Quote Originally Posted by alset85 View Post
    Just climb the difficulty curve. As long as you don't give up you're fine. Don't use guides.
    The problem is that it doesn't feel like climbing. I have tried the Taurus Demon 10 times or so and I don't think I did more than 10% damage.
    I "cheated" the big knight and the one with the huge mace, but I really don't want to grind. I have MMOs for that.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

The problem is that it doesn't feel like climbing. I have tried the Taurus Demon 10 times or so and I don't think I did more than 10% damage.
    I "cheated" the big knight and the one with the huge mace, but I really don't want to grind. I have MMOs for that.

funny you mentioned climbing. the easiest way to kill it is by climbing up the tower where the crossbow hollows are and lunge attack. rinse and repeat.... or do the hilarious way by tricking him into jumping down the narrow walkway but it'll most likely get you killed
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Played a bit more Crusader Kings 2. As much fun as I'm having, evidenced by the fact that I've played it for a good couple of hours now, I'm still regularly confused as to what is going on. More often than not, I'm not even sure what territories are mine and how my vassals etc. would look on a organisational chart. I think I'll hold off on the Europa Universalis series, because that looks even worse as far as long lists of numbers is concerned.

Also having a laugh playing World of Warcraft with a few people from the old-time guild. It's still amazing to me how everything about that game seems to just work.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Played a bit more Crusader Kings 2. As much fun as I'm having, evidenced by the fact that I've played it for a good couple of hours now, I'm still regularly confused as to what is going on. More often than not, I'm not even sure what territories are mine and how my vassals etc. would look on a organisational chart. I think I'll hold off on the Europa Universalis series, because that looks even worse as far as long lists of numbers is concerned.

Also having a laugh playing World of Warcraft with a few people from the old-time guild. It's still amazing to me how everything about that game seems to just work.
    europa universalis is a bit simpler. There's not so much tracking of relationships and diplomacy. You have your land, enemies have their land, your goal is to relieve them of it. The scale is wider, but shallower, and so is overall a simpler, quicker experience.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Yeah, EU is easier to grasp than CK, exactly because it's more of a standard strategy game, without much of the emergent role-playing aspect. I'm pretty sure there's a demo of EU4, so you could try that.

Network Hub
    Playing Aces Wild! Saying it's a great game to tide you over until Metal Gear Rising arrives on PC would be doing it a disservice, it's great game in its own right. Pretty hard, though, still struggling on stage 6. Then again, the difficulty curve seems nicely done for the vast majority of the game: stages (and especially bosses) seem impossible initially, but then you slowly figure out that they're barely aren't.

As for Dark Souls: the game rewards observation quite significantly. Most of the bosses can be made a lot easier if you notice things (the plunging attack stuff in this case). Other than that, though, it's just the usual: observe their patterns, understand your options, and use the right tool for the job. Rolling has quite a lot of invincibility frames, you might try messing around with that more if you haven't. Not really needed for the Taurus demon, properly moving in and out of range should suffice.

Hmm, I guess I should get around to beating the final boss myself.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    europa universalis is a bit simpler. There's not so much tracking of relationships and diplomacy. You have your land, enemies have their land, your goal is to relieve them of it. The scale is wider, but shallower, and so is overall a simpler, quicker experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    Yeah, EU is easier to grasp than CK, exactly because it's more of a standard strategy game, without much of the emergent role-playing aspect. I'm pretty sure there's a demo of EU4, so you could try that.
    You can do a lot of stuff with diplomacy and relationships in EU too, but there are a lot fewer "characters" to deal with. And you can more or less skip that stuff. It's pretty nice the way you can pick which type of gameplay you want to focus on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    You can do a lot of stuff with diplomacy and relationships in EU too, but there are a lot fewer "characters" to deal with. And you can more or less skip that stuff. It's pretty nice the way you can pick which type of gameplay you want to focus on.
    Hmm maybe EU would be a good game for me to start with, i tried CK but i couldn't get into it.

If you don't want to grind (as in you can defeat all enemies in one go but you don't want to farm them for a ton of time just to get souls) you could try using a cheat to get souls. I sometimes do this instead of wasting time grinding for an hour, but i do something like if i can get 2000 souls in 5 minutes then instead of farming for an hour i just put 24000 souls. BUT ONLY IF I CAN DEFEAT ALL THE ENEMIES WITH NO PROBLEM! otherwise it isn't grinding it's training.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Thanks for the feedback on Europa Universalis. I'll be sure to give III a try sometime soon, as I have that lying around from some bundle. Like I said, I'm having good fun playing CK2, but I haven't yet had the feeling that I really know what's going on in that game!
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Cherry Tree High Comedy Club (yes, yes, you know why). It's not bad per se, but it's juvenile in a not-exceedingly-good-way (and makes me feel so much outside the target audience) and like too many other nipponese ...<cough>stuff? it seems made out of story building blocks, so frequent are the stereotypes and archetypical situations, it's almost like the story and characters were automatically generated. The last VN I played was Cinders and this was an abrupt wake up, although CTHCC is not technically a VN, it has enough text to come close and trigger the comparison.

Secondly, the translation... It's exactly the same approach used for many (US-)english dubbed animes, that turns the final product into something that feels almost, but not quite, totally unlike the original. That is not to say the original must necessarily be better, but it always leaves me puzzled: I can see something has put a lot of work in it, yet can't help asking myself cui bono.

That said, it's well-drawn (although I'm not crazy about the character design) and the music kind of catchy in its own lighthearted way. Roughly halfway, but likely demoting this to idling material.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    This is funny,people actually think Dead Space games are horror games :x
    I always found Dead Space 1 was a typical American horror game. As in, quite tense and foreboding to start, and then devolves into "OMG I JUMP AT YOU!" after the first few hours. (See also: Doom 3 for what some types call horror).

Dead Space 2 was more of a thriller than horror, in that it had some jumpy moments, but was for all intents and purposes an action game. Dead Space 3...well.....the only horror there involved Micro-transactions (WAY-OH!)

On another note, I keep meaning to return to actually finish my game of CKII (Hundreds of hours.. multiple restarts... still not come close to the finish date since release.) After I do, I'll pick up EUIV purely from "Wot Strangers on the Internet Tell Me.."
    Last edited by MadJax; 09-09-2013 at 12:49 AM.
    Yes, I update the below link frequently on a whisky fuelled rampage. I regret nothing.

Being a grumpy bastard about everything gaming related.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Just finished Saints Row 4. It was fun, and I found myself laughing out loud for most of it, but it never reached the highs that SR3 hit. That being said, I much prefer the backing away from "Amoral criminal" to a more general flavor of "comedic sociopathy"

Also been playing some Kingdoms of Amalur. Evidently I left off on the Island of Dead Kell, so that could be a while.

And I tried some Dragon Commander. Either I am REALLY out of practice with RTSes or that game is kind of hard. I'll probably come back after Company of Heroes 2 to see what.

Debating what to play next. Probably gonna do some Mechwarrior Online and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. Really want to play Metro, but not in the right mood for that just yet.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.