Page 875 of 1240 FirstFirst ... 375775825865873874875876877885925975 ... LastLast
Results 17,481 to 17,500 of 24781
    Twelve hours now into Stalker: Call of Prypjat and finally reached the name giving area. The first fights with Monolith fighters are over and I got the Gauss Rifle repaired and ready. I explored Zaton and the Jupiter Area thoroughly but was not able to find fine tools to further upgrade my weapons and SEVO suit. Maybe I was missing something or I will hopefully find it in Prypjat.

Obscure Node
    Working on my backlog, I've finished Saints Row the Third, Dragon Age: Origins (savegame from 2009 :) ) and NWN2 OC. Currently playing Borderlands 2 which I haven't touched since March.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Darksiders can be quite hard on hard. ouch.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    I think I warned you about them 12 months ago. Told you.
    Yep. You're the real life equivalent of that old farmer from South Park.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Had a close up encounter with a guard yesterday in FC 2, meant to roll to my knife to stab him but instead rolled to grenades and pressed fire without checking. Due to proximity of the man it bounced off his forehead, knocked him out, i screamed and then ran away.

Playing Escape Goat following the sale on GOG. I've completed just over 30%, and I think I prefer Shuggy, but on the other hand I might actually finish Escape Goat (the normal levels at least), thanks to a lower requirement for precise timing. I like the pixel art, and the puzzles are head-scratching but generally not that difficult so far.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Just did the Boat mission in Far Cry 2, were you're being mortared, followed by the escape mission.

Yeah, they were terrible. Hoping it's not more of the same as I progress, because they were about as infuriating and bad an hour as the others have been brilliant.

I'm about halfway through Dead Space 3.

It's quite enjoyable, although I have a few reservations. I really don't like the new crafting system. I felt the node system in DS 1 and 2 worked perfectly well; the one in DS3 just overcomplicates things without really adding much. Also I don't like that the game adds human enemies to the mix.

Mostly it's still the Dead Space I like to play though. The necromorph combat is nice and meaty, and the zero-G sections remain my favourite parts of the series. If there was a game based purely on being an engineer on a spaceship, and moving to different parts of the ship inside and out repairing stuff, and set in the Dead Space engine, I would buy it in heartbeat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I picked up the Brave New World expansion for Civ V for cheap, so I decided to finally play it, since getting it free with XCOM ages ago. It's a little frustrating when I'm encountering early civs who have two or three cities, workers upgrading stuff and reasonable armies when I still have one of the above and another only starting to build. I'm on the Prince skill level, so hopefully I'm simply making poorly optimised choices.

Still, it's getting more interesting as I go. There are a lot of systems that interact in neat ways. It's actually backwards from most Civ games, which grab me at the start but lose me as the game goes on.

Playing Game of thrones, which is a story based RPG with so many twist, turns and surprise deaths, that even though I enjoy it and it's RPG mechanics (both leveling and conversation are quite well done), I'm feeling more and more that everything I do is pointless. I understand that the feeling of being a pawn in a bigger game is one of the main points in GoT, but in an RPG I do expect to have a bit more information before making a decision.

There are too many cases when I am given the choice of sparing some one's life and by doing so I just have to wait and see if the result will be a helpful hand are a biting of the ass. Sometimes the "surprise" is utterly counter intuitive and seems to be just there for the sake of shocking (and angering) the player.

Otherwise I'm quite enjoying the story itself (very good spin-off for the books/TV show), the conversations are well done and the RPG and fighting elements are also not bad at all. The engine could use some fine tuning - there are numerous bugs and the more crowded fights are very difficult to handle due small FOV and confusing character design (everyone looks the. Just like in the TV show).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Had a close up encounter with a guard yesterday in FC 2, meant to roll to my knife to stab him but instead rolled to grenades and pressed fire without checking. Due to proximity of the man it bounced off his forehead, knocked him out, i screamed and then ran away.
    heh. Brilliant. I didn't know you could knock people out (bit redundant with grenades, perhaps).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Yep. You're the real life equivalent of that old farmer from South Park.
    I live for those moments.

Just did the Boat mission in Far Cry 2, were you're being mortared, followed by the escape mission.

Yeah, they were terrible. Hoping it's not more of the same as I progress, because they were about as infuriating and bad an hour as the others have been brilliant.
    It's a complete one-off. Now the game goes back to what it used to be. Almost a shame they didn't try a few more set pieces as things leading up to the boat are fun

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Playing Europa Universalis IV as Persia, still. I left The Mamluks alone for a while, which prompted Yemen (rather large in my case) to invade them on two fronts - in Africa and on the Arabian peninsula. That gave me the room to take care of Baluchistan, which now just has two provinces left, though unfortunately not before Yemen snatched on of their provinces. I now have direct land access to my allies in India, and spend the next few months taking care of their rebels for them.

A similar fortunate development occurred in the North. Russia and The Ottomans went to war, and after a while, Russia offered me an Alliance! That quickly proved it's usefulness when Nogai declared war on me, and was promptly swept off the map by horde's of Russian armies.

Next target: Yemen, but they've allied themselves with The Ottomans, who I'd prefer not to fight.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    I think I warned you about them 12 months ago. Told you.
    Haha. Yeah. I remember that. took a long break from BG2.... now hooked again.
    @arona
    don't have the shield but beholders I could fight without cheesing. still fireball offscreen was used often.
    but mind flayers are most annoying because they can two shot Minsc. He actually died after killing the Brain cause I didn't notice he got hit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Anyone here defeated XCOM on Impossible Ironman? It seems rather difficult.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Anyone here defeated XCOM on Impossible Ironman? It seems rather difficult.
    I gave up somewhere in the end because got I bored. Its doable, hardest part is the beginning then it's just repetition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

The Night of The Rabbit =)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzog View Post
    Twelve hours now into Stalker: Call of Prypjat and finally reached the name giving area. The first fights with Monolith fighters are over and I got the Gauss Rifle repaired and ready. I explored Zaton and the Jupiter Area thoroughly but was not able to find fine tools to further upgrade my weapons and SEVO suit. Maybe I was missing something or I will hopefully find it in Prypjat.
    It can be very difficult to find all sets of tools, they're sometimes hidden in quite unusual locations. I ended up looking it up in a walkthrough, because I couldn't find some toolsets for the life of me.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I can't think of any other game which is so hampered from being something truly special by it's need to serve videogame convention.
    Farcry 2

:)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzog View Post
    Fairly sure you need to visit Pripyat for the final tier of tools.