Page 909 of 1211 FirstFirst ... 4098098598999079089099109119199591009 ... LastLast
Results 18,161 to 18,180 of 24220
    Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Hearthstone is amazing. I even spent some money lol
    I wouldn't exactly call it amazing. The bombastic sound and fury quickly becomes old and you are left with a pretty shallow CCG. But it's a good enough casual game and I too would've thrown money at the devs if they didn't happen to be Blizzard. Shame really.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maknol View Post
    It's a fair trade - you can now do it much more sadistically by levitating them into other enemies' swords, arrows, spears, acid, fire, spikes, spinning saws, stone hammers, endless chasms, poisonous plants...
    Out of practicallity my "Surfin USA" (plank in the air, jump on the plank, plank lands on enemy)was often my first way to murder some of Trine 2's more powerful combatants, especially in the DLC. ' If ever a game needed team vs team deathmatch.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Finally found something in my backlog that I like and that something is Waking mars. So far only plays about an hour of it, but I'm eager to go back and explore more those shiny red caves.

Will probably stop playing Two worlds 2 at the moment, due to loss of interest. It's pushing most of the right RPG buttons (simple crafting, plenty of loot, things to kill, skills to upgrade), but the world itself feels empty and un-welcoming with not much to explore beyond the main quest and the few side ones.

Also bough the recent bundle (didn't beat the average though) so I might play Fear 3 and LOTR: WitN, since those are the only games from that bundle I haven't played yet (and won't feel bad if I'll from them to the big pile of games I'll never play).

I'm a bit mad at XCOM: EU right now.
    I just lost my Colonel sniper (First colonel on this classic ironman game) because my SHIV chose to bug out, preventing me from moving it during the las five or so turns of the mission. It was in a rescue mission from the council, a mission I needed to make a succes. The VIP was within dashing distance of the extraction point, but no with no less than four overwatching thinmen, unreachable for most of my squad, specially since two of them had to reload. My idea was to sacrifice the SHIV, making it activate all of the shots, but since it got bugged that was impossible to do. My only choice left (because the damned things had the VIP flanked) was to move my colonel onto their LOS or lose the mission, since everyone else was too far away. I did it, to my surprise, every shot failed to connect. But on the next turn they flanked and killed her.
    Last edited by Gorzan; 06-11-2013 at 07:47 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Saints Row 4 doesn't get old for me. It really should, but it just doesn't. It's just about the perfect stress reliever for this particular, unbelievably busy moment in my life...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Spelunky: why can't I stop?

I am managing to tear myself away to get some Saints Row: The Third in. It's been heaps of fun, although I think I'm getting towards being personally done with it. I shall try to stop myself getting too distracted and focus on the missions, which have been increasingly pleasingly bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by arathain View Post
    I am managing to tear myself away to get some Saints Row: The Third in. It's been heaps of fun, although I think I'm getting towards being personally done with it. I shall try to stop myself getting too distracted and focus on the missions, which have been increasingly pleasingly bonkers.
    You will have plenty of time to finish all the distractions after you've done the main plot!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    You will have plenty of time to finish all the distractions after you've done the main plot!
    I would make sure to finish the cell phone missions (assassinations and car theft) before progressing too far as you don't want the super cops to be around and you still need lots of gang members for some of them (doing one of the assassinations once the French guy's Red Gang is mostly wiped out is quite tedious).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    People use the gang backup? Huh. I finished all the thefts and assassinations without using any backup.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    By personally done I mean the point at which I will just stop playing no matter where I'm at. I have no real compulsion to finish games. I play them until I know I'd rather be playing something else. That point is approaching for Saints Row 3, and I'd rather have it happen when I've finished the story, rather than getting bored during a carjacking mission and spotting something shiny in my Steam library.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    People use the gang backup? Huh. I finished all the thefts and assassinations without using any backup.
    Nah, I am referring to the one where you have to trigger the appearance of an Evil Pimp by first brutally assaulting some prostitutes and then getting a high enough gang wanted level. Gets really tedious when you don't have enough gang members to murder. Especially because, at least when I did it on my first character, trying to get your wanted level in a different area and bringing them there either locked you in to Killbane's wrasslers or the Deckers or didn't spawn the civilian-prositutes you needed to murder.
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Oh, God, I snapped and downloaded Pinball FX 2 when I found out they'd made the Sorceror's Lair table free for PC, too. Oh God it's every bit as phenomenal as it is on tablets and now I have to buy every single table I own on Android a second time and probably more of them into the bargain and oh God oh God my poor wallet.

Seriously, this has been pretty much one of my favourite games of all time since I first started playing last year, even though I'm terrible at it and in no danger of getting anywhere near any of the leaderboards. Not the sort of thing that turns up on RPS much, I suppose, but it bloody well should be. I must have put ten hours into World War Hulk alone. I am the green scar! I am the world-breaker! I! Am! The! HULK! Pure, distilled arcade bliss.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by gwathdring View Post
    In each world, there's a level that's pictured on the map as a giant cube-thing with a key in it. Beat that level, and all keys become tangible. Now you can collect the key back in a level that has one and proceed through the lock during your run.
    How do you access that level? I can't play it for world 1 still even though I've beaten every other level and the boss. Do I have to get perfect in every level?

Lesser Hivemind Node TheDreamlord's Avatar
    Back to Dark Souls this week. I am determined to finish it before xmas. Now in the Catacombs. I cannot wait for DS2 in March!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dhlt25 View Post
    How do you access that level? I can't play it for world 1 still even though I've beaten every other level and the boss. Do I have to get perfect in every level?
    Not sure. I don't remember if I did it before or after I finished, but I did get a perfect on every level. I know that sometimes you have to follow the Blue arrows to the alternate exit or have a certain amount of gold to access some of the "off-path" levels.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Don't really have time to sit down for a proper match, but Geforce Experience says that, with my new card, I should set all BF4 stuff to Ultra. YAY!!!

BUt I will say what I am NOT playing. I am NOT playing the new Splinter Cell (Wrong Voice Actor but Fun Gameplay Edition). Why am I not playing that? Because FUCK YOU UBISOFT!!!!!

Downloaded and installed during Agents of SHIELD last night. No complaints there. Comparable to Steam.
    Started up when I got off work today. Started downloading a patch. Taking a long time. Watched an hour and a half long podcast. STILL fucking downloading. Went off to make supper, ate. Ran patch. Clicked to start game.

It is now downloading ANOTHER FUCKING PATCH!!!!

So back to podcasts.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Splitting my gaming time between Path of Exile, still, and WRC4.

The more I play PoE, the more impressed I get. It's such a remarkable achievement for a small indie company. So much depth in an ARPG, so many possible variations, so many ways to make fun builds.

WRC4 is a neat surprise as well, much much better than WRC2, the last one I played. Unfortunately force feedback is completely broken on my G27, so while I wait for a patch or a mod (the latter is more likely), I've been playing it with my trusty X360 controller. Lots of fun, nice cars, the stages are well made, career mode is a joke. Shame it's going to get stale rather soon, since the stages aren't varied nor long enough - and a rally game dies once you start knowing every stage as well as you know a normal racing circuit. I hope one day Milestone will take this next, bold step and give us actual rallying stages instead of fantasy ones. But it's a faint hope.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    Splitting my gaming time between Path of Exile, still, and WRC4.

The more I play PoE, the more impressed I get. It's such a remarkable achievement for a small indie company. So much depth in an ARPG, so many possible variations, so many ways to make fun builds.
    Stop reminding me that I currently cannot play it as work has put me in another city for the time being.

:(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Mostly been playing the shit out of Mortal Kombat 9's story mode. There's a lot of "clones," every damn character has a teleport and a ranged attack, the story mode is heavily stacked against you and yet I just keep coming back for more. It helps that there's an absolutely absurd amount of content. Here's a quick list of every utter bastard character in the game:

• Shao Kahn, dear Lord. Did they rip this guy out of King of Fighters or something?
    • Ermac
    • Sektor
    • Quan Chi
    • Smoke
    • Sektor
    • Goro

The game was nigh-unplayable for framerate issues. I was ogling upgrades (not just for MK) but I ended up overclocking my processor instead. Got a 20% boost without a voltage increase and no signs of instability, and it seems to have solved the problem for the most part. It's a damn shame, as the slowdown seems to be widespread and there doesn't seem to be a fix coming anytime soon. I would've been all over Injustice if I could trust them to do a decent port. Ah well... Ultra Street Fighter 4 is coming soon anyway. Much as I love the new Mortal Kombat, I would be wary about buying either game as I'm not entirely convinced that the problem is my ancient computer.

Nuclear Throne's my other compulsive squeeze. Not sure if they're just continually making the game harder or I'm picking up way too many chests, but by the time I get to the third world I can hardly walk for all the enemies... To say nothing of the bullets. Vlambeer are releasing weekly patches and the game has only gotten better (especially with the screen shake turned off... No headaches for me, thanks) with each one, so buy it.

Tried playing a few games of Company of Heroes, both vs humans and bots. It served as a sharp reminder why I rarely play RTS games. We lost terribly.

Batman: Assassin's Creed almost turned me off with that god-damned combat system. The first few battles truly just consisted of waiting for dudes to run at me and then countering. I turned the game off in disgust. Luckily, within half an hour or so the goons actually figure out how to attack two at a time! I tried replaying Arkham Asylum a while back and got bored within an hour or so, so it's nice that Rocksteady actually listened and improved on the single biggest problem with their game. Not loving it, but warming to it a little. I can't believe people actually think it's the bar for a melee combat system when so there's so many better ones out there, but it has enough else going for it that we can get along. I did immediately put on TAS when I closed the game and enjoyed it much more.

And finally, Satazius. Why the fuck are there walls in space?

More and more finding myself pouring hours into arcade games and "quick fixes." Bounced straight off Outlast, I Have No Mouth etc, Natural Selection 2, Incredipede, and the aforementioned Company of Heroes because I simply don't have the capacity, patience, time or will to learn their systems or digest their tales. Could be a phase, or I might just have to start being a lot more judicious about what I buy.
    Last edited by sabrage; 07-11-2013 at 08:59 AM.

Obscure Node
    Let's see, over the past couple of days....

Crysis
    Crysis 2
    System Shock 2
    CoD:MW3 MP
    Super Hexagon
    Magnetis
    Monaco
    Tomb Raider
    Hotline Miami
    Dark Souls
    Batman:Arkham Asylum (best batman game is best batman game, the rest are just more of this game)

Most pumped for System Shock 2, Monaco, Dark Souls, and Super Hexagon. I'm just replaying B:AA, Hotline Miami, Crysis 1 & 2, and the others. Terabyte hard drives go cheap these days!