Page 923 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 4238238739139219229239249259339731023 ... LastLast
Results 18,441 to 18,460 of 23664
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by EOT View Post
    The Binding of Isaac 22hrs (about four in the past few days) and I'm still no closer to beating Mom. I'm beginning to wish is heeded the advice not to install Wrath of the Lamb before getting better at the game. At least I'm fairly consistently getting to the fourth or fifth level before dying horribly and I've almost cleared the basement without taking a hit at least five or six times now.

Also played a bit of DishonoUred. It's quite fun going non-lethal (as I always try to do in stealth games) I'm just struggling at the first assassination. Any tips?
    Besides the stairwells, you can pretty much get from any point in the building to any other point by using the bloody great big lampshades they've installed everywhere. This allows you to basically mitigate the guards in their entirety. Just save before you leave a knocked out body up there, because sometimes corvo will just heave it off the edge and into the path of a patrolling guard.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I played Dishonored like this --> Sneaked through whole level to get to the main target,then i went crazy and killed everyone on the level. Its a crime not to use force because its so well made.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So, I was playing AC4, but every single time I steal my ship and escape from the fleet it crashes 600 metres away from the objective marker. So uh, it's just totally broken, really.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    It's probably designed that way because its a Ubi game and how dare you try play it your way
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TomxJ View Post
    F.E.A.R. 2 was a brilliant shooter, with a B-movie plot that was pulled off brilliantly, I have to say I loved every minute of it!... until the end, where I felt violated and unrewarded.
    I didn't like the ending much either. Felt quite gratuitous and shocking just because. Points for completely unexpected though.

Spent about two hours asking myself "now why am I not playing Civ V instead?" while trying to figure out what was actually different in Warlock Master of the Arcane, then something happened and I woke up two more hours later, yet another victim to the OMT syndrome.

Events heated up as the newly encountered Rat King hastily declared war "out of envy" and laid siege to one of my smallest cities, Livendell (surely a chinese knock-off); one of the lords I had hired was luckily nearby and somehow kept a hold of the city, praying for forces sent from the capital to finally arrive and turn the tide of the battle.

When he got wind of what was going to happen, the Large Rodent tried to patch it up with an offer of peace, even throwing some spare change in the deal, accepting seemed a reasonable course of action, since the other Warlock I had encountered also turned against me shortly after the Rat.

But I was pissed enough to throw caution to the wind, so when my two other lords arrived and made short work of the Rat's forces, only to seize the Rat's capital shortly after, the third Warlord quickly asked for parlee and I tasted sweet revenge and for a moment the illusion of being so strong and cunning!

I have some mechanical doubts about the game: it seems slower, clunkier, and less polished than Civ, and I can't zoom back far enough even though the world I've been put into was small to the point of claustrophobic (and that's what the game calls a medium map). I've got a large-ish library of spells, but only about a handful are worth the mana; normal units seem fragile and costly enough to maintain that I'm building less tech buildings than I'd like to, constantly striving to achieve a large enough surplus of gold and food.

In other news: Paranormal is really Early Access, I wasted most of the time fighting obtuse bugs, eventually gave up as the game's tone and general lack of polish (something hard to overlook in a game that imprisons you inside a home) were uninspiring and eventually idled it for cards.

Stealth Bastard Deluxe Chapter 6 is vastly more approachable than the fifth, and that gave me some hope that I might actually be able to finish it sooner or later, fingers crossed that it doesn't become as frustrating again.

La-Mulana has undeniably a special charm but also odd controls, and some of the most headache-inducingly bad BGM muzaks that I've ever heard.

Finished Angelica Weaver (bleargh); almost done with Face Noir; Ring Runner: hopefully I should be nearly done with that odd part in the arena, and it does seem promising, a bit like SPAZ but less confusing, better/more original writing and has support for gamepads.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Network Hub
    One would assume you are referencing being SPOILER raped by your own mother? END SPOILER

Also, I didn't realise you could get guard's bodies on to those silly lampshades. I'm still not sure how you're meant to be able to knock out misguided soldier boy and angry scar faced bloke in a one'er and stop one or the other raising the alarm...or if that's even possible. I want him branded.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    One would assume you are referencing being SPOILER raped by your own mother? END SPOILER

Also, I didn't realise you could get guard's bodies on to those silly lampshades. I'm still not sure how you're meant to be able to knock out misguided soldier boy and angry scar faced bloke in a one'er and stop one or the other raising the alarm...or if that's even possible. I want him branded.
    Alright, here's how I did it - spoilers from here on, obv: Break the poisoned wine. Just that whole getup. Ruin it. He'll take the guy he's gonna kill downstairs to a secret room so they can Stare At The Art at which point he pulls out a gun. Now, it might've been a glitch, but I choked out the target at this point, and the guy he was gonna kill just sort of.... looked at me and walked off. And that solved that issue. Then you can carry the target around and brand him at your convenience.

Ta-daa.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Alright, here's how I did it - spoilers from here on, obv: Break the poisoned wine. Just that whole getup. Ruin it. He'll take the guy he's gonna kill downstairs to a secret room so they can Stare At The Art at which point he pulls out a gun. Now, it might've been a glitch, but I choked out the target at this point, and the guy he was gonna kill just sort of.... looked at me and walked off. And that solved that issue. Then you can carry the target around and brand him at your convenience.

Ta-daa.
    Ah, I see my impatience got the better of me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    With slow time, anything is possible.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    My heart nearly stopped when in "full danger level" mission last three enemies nearly killed my favorite soldier. And he was criticaly wounded,i had 3 turns to patch him up or he would die. And i managed to kill last two guys in TWO turns so we completed mission and went back to base quickly to heal ma favorite boy.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    My heart nearly stopped when in "full danger level" mission last three enemies nearly killed my favorite soldier. And he was criticaly wounded,i had 3 turns to patch him up or he would die. And i managed to kill last two guys in TWO turns so we completed mission and went back to base quickly to heal ma favorite boy.
    Your favourite boy will start suffering panic attacks now, so be careful.

The two games I finished most recently are Gunpoint and Hotline Miami, which are somewhat similar (to a certain extent).

I liked Gunpoint a lot, and I don't think I can recommend it enough. It's funny, it gives you a lot of options to do silly things and you can jump very high (and fall very far) without hurting yourself. It's amazing. You can even test the gadgets before buying them, and return them later! If only real life was this convenient.

Hotline Miami
    I'm not so sure about. It's hard as hell, but rarely unfair. It made me feel happy and terrible (sometimes at the same time). I still don't know if you can actually decide not to kill certain characters, or what happens if you don't. I didn't try. I couldn't believe the ending. While the story is very economical, it has some fantastic moments. Also, I still have no idea how the grading system actually works.

Both games offer a lot of replayability, but I'm not sure I will go back. So many games to play, so little time!
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar

I just swapped the whosits and someone wasn't a problem anymore and the other dude found himself sleeping peacefully before he could let anyone know about the thing.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Spent about two hours asking myself "now why am I not playing Civ V instead?" while trying to figure out what was actually different in Warlock Master of the Arcane, then something happened and I woke up two more hours later, yet another victim to the OMT syndrome.

I have some mechanical doubts about the game: it seems slower, clunkier, and less polished than Civ, and I can't zoom back far enough even though the world I've been put into was small to the point of claustrophobic (and that's what the game calls a medium map). I've got a large-ish library of spells, but only about a handful are worth the mana; normal units seem fragile and costly enough to maintain that I'm building less tech buildings than I'd like to, constantly striving to achieve a large enough surplus of gold and food.
    I had the same experience with it this week. It takes so very long to beat, the research system sucks (which I expect is to drive you to explore), and the city growth is just boring. The low-point was when I looted spells I couldn't cast (I guess because they're dlc?).

I really want to see Warlock 2, because even though the first is so clunky, it easily has potential to surpass Civ if it takes more liberally from it. The multiple realms work well. The god system worked pretty well. The spells add a great bit of reactivity, so you feel more involved. The heroes work really well. The terraforming system was really cool, and I imagine making that play a greater role could really shake up the genre; imagine if every time you turned a desert into fertile lands, it turned random patches of land into desert and that affected your diplomatic relations.

It needs independent tile improvements (imagine protecting peasant workers from dragons), a better tech system, better city growth than three stages, faster and inevitable end conditions, a better economy, and more interaction with city-states and more unique individual races. However, it can easily improve in these areas and create some real competition for Civ to respond to and grow from.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Farming cards from E.Y.E. - decided to give it a second look and yes, it's still a textbook example of how NOT to develop a game.

It's easy to see the creators knew exactly what they wanted to make and have probably done that - but there's little effort made to bring people into it. It's clunky and unfriendly and bug-ridden to the eyeballs - and the performance is awful.

I assume there are translation errors which mean when it stops to tell you watch a tutorial (slick fellas - very slick) that tutorial often doesn't exist and you have to guess which one it meant.

It's a great illustration of the chasm which exists between "we've created a world and a mythos" and "we have the talent to bring it in game-form to actual players".

Just drop the fucking cards please...
    Last edited by trjp; 26-11-2013 at 03:21 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Warlock is great - it's punchy, short and combat-heavy - it's ideal for people (like me) who can't be arsed with Civ.

I too would like to see a more polished version of it tho - I trust that will happen but it could well be they screw-up and just make it 'more like Civ' :(

Grand Theft Auto IV
    Niko and I have been cruising around Liberty City for several months, yet we've barely completed 25% of the game.
    Now, when I meet up with Niko, I'm always ready to rumble, get the mission done.. but that lunatic either goes racing off in the wrong direction, or pisses off the pigs and gets us chased or see's a pretty motorcycle and says "Fuck the mission."

He also tends to pull out his gun, when he's trying to pay the hot dog man.

Yeah, he may be a loser, but he's my loser.
    "Bring me my purse."

please visit
    the Game Orphanage

Finding Good Homes For Unwanted Games Since January, 2014

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I got a little buzzed and was talking to my fiancee, and she asked me what a lo-fi game was, and I showed her VVVVV. I figured since it was open I would try veni vidi vici, and actually beat it this time. That's pretty cool.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    I got a little buzzed and was talking to my fiancee, and she asked me what a lo-fi game was, and I showed her VVVVV. I figured since it was open I would try veni vidi vici, and actually beat it this time. That's pretty cool.
    :D

Nice. I got all 20 shiny trinkets .... before the update. I cleaned my flash history and lost the save. :(
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0