Page 1082 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 825829821032107210801081108210831084109211321182 ... LastLast
Results 21,621 to 21,640 of 24071
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Tried new demo of Death To Spies,and whille i loved first two this is feels more clunky,also the interface was changed to act like other modern games. I don't like that.

Like I suspected, I got bored of Paper Sorcerer after a few hours, and moved on to Legend of Grimrock. Boy, is this game good. It really captures the feel of being in an actual dungeon, including grabbing torches off the wall to light the way. It's a shame a lot of the puzzles involve searching for tiny buttons though, it feels a bit cheap. Is there a way to offload excess equipment at a merchant or something, or am I better off just dumping things I don't need?
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    I finished Shank 2. Klei sure makes great games, and while Shank 2 is just more Shank you can't deny that they make some tight and fast gameplay with a lot of responsiveness.
    I never "got" Shank 2. (Never played the original.) To me it just felt sluggish. There seemed to be no real way to avoid damage since the character moved so slow and the enemies were so fast. There was some kind of dodge move I seem to remember, but I never felt like I was in control of things. Maybe I missed something? I adore Mark of the Ninja so I know Klei aren't fooling around. Should I give it another try? How should I approach it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    The Witcher 1,headhunter is after me because apparently killing city guards is not allowed. Now i tried paying him but he want all of my money which a big NO for me. Tried fighting him,can't defeat him because game cheats,so i'm running away from him haha. Its kinda stupid,if you want to consequences allow me to play along,not just make game cheating by not allowing me to defeat the headhhunter :|

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Also I've been playing Costume Quest. Is fun and cute but I don't think the mechanics will hold for the full game. I've beaten the second part (the mall) and I'm getting bored. Does anybody know if it's worth keeping with it or should I just leave it there?
    Well, there is a sequel coming out this year. But, yeah, I bounced off it too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, so I'm... actually quite enjoying The First Templar. Really wasn't expecting this. For the early bird price on the latest Bundle Stars package it's been a bargain so far. It's laughably low-budget in many respects even for a three-year-old game - no physics, primitive lighting, fairly low-res texture work, endlessly repeating herky-jerky animations in cutscenes - but it's got sizeable levels with a neat sense of place (castles that actually look like castles), it's got a solid arcade melee system with some surprisingly large-scale fights which actually offer a reasonable challenge (more than Assassin's bloody Creed, for starters), it's got an AI partner that works (which many big studios still can't get right), it's got a decent-sized skill tree that actually Does Things, and while it's kinda... European in its occasional attempts at action-movie humour (several lines come across as very McBain "THAT'S THE JOKE") it's actually got a fairly well-written script, reasonably well-acted that's actually made me laugh for the right reasons numerous times - one that's (so far) treating its plot relatively seriously with the bare minimum of OTT fantasy, no "Brown-skinned heathens=Satan" (not so far, anyway) and not that many dumb wisecracks.

Perhaps it'll throw in a vertical difficulty spike or some horribly badly done boss or something later on but I've really been having quite a lot of fun with it up until now. It's cheap - really, really cheap - but it's fairly smart, entertaining, and decidedly cheerful. Definitely worth pocket change if you want a quick fix of whacking mans over the head with a pointy metal stick and you're not fussed about the community theatre production values.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    First Templar is a damn good coop game. It's got a level up system which is totally incongruous with your expectations, but has genuinely useful boosts.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    My eldest runs to me because he's having trouble in Skyrim one of his wedding guests was necromancer, serial killer and all round bad guy Naris the Wicked. Granted immortality by the wedding script he proceeded to attack the other people at the wedding.

Ultimately he needed to reload and cancel the wedding, emergent.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Wolfenstein:

This game is forgettable and has very little replay value. I can't say it's a bad game too, it is basically new-Syndicate meets Metro2033. Why did I play it for 10 hours? Why did I buy it for 30$? I have no idea. This may be the last big budget FPS I play. Because finally I'm tired. Devs had some good ideas and they tried to do some things but ultimately why did they bother when creating another clone-of-a-clone-of-a-reboot I don't know. Out of sight out of mind.

I miss pirating games. It was easy to just delete an image of a disk and forget about it back then. Now I have to live with this game in my Steam list. It's like a piece of rotten waste in the middle of the room.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 28-05-2014 at 01:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Finally done with Batman: Arkham City, including DLC. Loved the game to bits but having done everything there is to do in it including hundreds of Riddler trophies, I'm all Batmanned out now so Arkham Origins is going to have to wait.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    Like I suspected, I got bored of Paper Sorcerer after a few hours, and moved on to Legend of Grimrock. Boy, is this game good. It really captures the feel of being in an actual dungeon, including grabbing torches off the wall to light the way. It's a shame a lot of the puzzles involve searching for tiny buttons though, it feels a bit cheap. Is there a way to offload excess equipment at a merchant or something, or am I better off just dumping things I don't need?
    There's zero economy, so drop anything you don't think will be useful.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    I miss pirating games. It was easy to just delete an image of a disk and forget about it back then. Now I have to live with this game in my Steam list. It's like a piece of rotten waste in the middle of the room.
    If you really want, you can contact Valve and ask them to remove the game from your library. I find it easier, more reversible and more... What's the word for something that makes you feel guilty and/or that serves as a reminder to not buy so much? Anyway, I find it easier to just have a 'hidden' category (i.e. just a category called 'Hidden' that is always collapsed) for all the crap I hate, won't or can't play.

I'm still playing a lot of Borderlands 2. I completed UVHM with Maya last night and got burned by The Warrior; he dropped a legendary, but it was Handsome Jack's Mask. You know, that head customisation item that you are given every time you kill Jack, which I have done at least 18 times before.

Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    I never "got" Shank 2. (Never played the original.) To me it just felt sluggish. There seemed to be no real way to avoid damage since the character moved so slow and the enemies were so fast. There was some kind of dodge move I seem to remember, but I never felt like I was in control of things. Maybe I missed something? I adore Mark of the Ninja so I know Klei aren't fooling around. Should I give it another try? How should I approach it?
    Well... I died, a lot. But the dodge movement is pretty important. I used it all the time. So if you just ignored it I imagine the game must have been pretty hard.
    Also some of the default control decisions aren't much comfortable. One of the first things I did was to change heavy attack from SHIFT-CLICK to middle mouse button. That made it easier to access, and in a game that all about changing attack types and where each kind of attack has a purpose it's important to have easy access to them.

It's not a long game and it's not much different from the original. It's got much better boss fights but they feel pretty much the same. It's not going to revolutionize the genre but it certainly is pretty solid.

Network Hub
    Icewind dale

I started this by playing one character and getting my arse handed to me, then I scratched my head abit thinking surely its not this hard, what am I doing wrong? where can I go for other characters to join me? I had to look in the manual to realise that you have to create a party right at the start of your game. How embarrassing.

I got half way through the game and then gave up. It started to dawn on me that it was a boring wave combat simulator. Move a few iches to uncover the fog of doom and reveal the not so suprising mobs. Theres hardly any story, just battle after battle. I thought it might improve, provide some meat instead it was just the usual soggy lentils. I need my RPGs to have some in depth story and not to be all combat all of the time. To go from Baulders gate to this, slightly shocking.
    Last edited by Hiphat; 28-05-2014 at 05:55 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Avadon. It's the worst Spiderweb game I've played by far. The area reuse is pretty annoying, as is the lack of freedom of movement, the inability to enter maps from different sides, gates that close when you exit an area, and limited exploration in general.

Add to that a metric shitton of dissonance that comes from characters complaining about my bloodthirsty destruction of a village when I actually took the long way around and only killed four guards.

That said, it's still better than three quarters of the other games I have.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    Finally done with Batman: Arkham City, including DLC. Loved the game to bits but having done everything there is to do in it including hundreds of Riddler trophies, I'm all Batmanned out now so Arkham Origins is going to have to wait.
    I'll warn you that Arkham Origins isn't as good - I haven't got too far in (tried to marathon the Arkham games, but got tired at the same point as you), and the combat feels...off. It's difficult to say what's wrong with it, but there's definitely something different that's not right.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    Avadon. It's the worst Spiderweb game I've played by far. The area reuse is pretty annoying, as is the lack of freedom of movement, the inability to enter maps from different sides, gates that close when you exit an area, and limited exploration in general.

Add to that a metric shitton of dissonance that comes from characters complaining about my bloodthirsty destruction of a village when I actually took the long way around and only killed four guards.

That said, it's still better than three quarters of the other games I have.
    Aye. Avadon seems to be a miss in my books. It was the first Spiderweb Game I played and I was wondering why the hell people were so enamoured with Spiderweb Games. The background didn't click, the dialogue felt uninteresting and it felt like I was walking down narrow paths.
    I have tried Avernum a few months later and am now a fan of Spiderweb Games. Geneforge is great too. But Avadon I just can't get into, I simply do not enjoy it and I generally recommend everyone to get the Avernum Remake instead.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiphat View Post
    Icewind dale

I started this by playing one character and getting my arse handed to me, then I scratched my head abit thinking surely its not this hard, what am I doing wrong? where can I go for other characters to join me? I had to look in the manual to realise that you have to create a party right at the start of your game. How embarrassing.

I got half way through the game and then gave up. It started to dawn on me that it was a boring wave combat simulator. Move a few iches to uncover the fog of doom and reveal the not so suprising mobs. Theres hardly any story, just battle after battle. I thought it might improve, provide some meat instead it was just the usual soggy lentils. I need my RPGs to have some in depth story and not to be all combat all of the time. To go from Baulders gate to this, slightly shocking.
    Icewind Dale was indeed a bit a 'poor man' Baldur's Gate', given the basic storyline, but it's biggest advantage was indeed the possibility to create your own party. No more bitching around with a Thief who stopped her skills seven levels ago, or shuffling around the best Mage with the best Ranger who can be in the same party langer then a fortnight.. For all the great characters BG delivered, the skillsets were often limited at best..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    My eldest runs to me because he's having trouble in Skyrim one of his wedding guests was necromancer, serial killer and all round bad guy Naris the Wicked. Granted immortality by the wedding script he proceeded to attack the other people at the wedding.

Ultimately he needed to reload and cancel the wedding, emergent.
    That's beautiful.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    Legend of Grimrock. Boy, is this game good. It really captures the feel of being in an actual dungeon, including grabbing torches off the wall to light the way. It's a shame a lot of the puzzles involve searching for tiny buttons though, it feels a bit cheap. Is there a way to offload excess equipment at a merchant or something, or am I better off just dumping things I don't need?
    Unlike 99% of the RPGs out there Grimrock has a little respect for its own premise: the dungeon is a chance to escape certain death (and probably worse than death in the minds of the people who threw you in), it's a dangerous place not Dungeonland. There's a distinct element of survival built into it: you won't find tons and tons of more or less valuable stuff lying around (no "oh look there's an interesting book in this barrel here in the middle of the swamp!") for the most part it's (a limited selection of) crap and a somewhat limited amount of useful stuff (torches are the sole exception).

Later(?) you do get some help in the form of someone who's been there before you, but no merchants or other unplausible stuff. That is up to the point where I dropped it because it was becoming too hard and the combat some kind of hectic dance, and there is no way to change difficulty without restarting the whole game (fat chance, I was several hours in!)

The puzzles are mostly inspired by the classics LoG pays homage to: hidden buttons/levers, teleporters, slots in the walls, locks, spinning/weight sensitive plates, the whole shebang. The classics AFAICT were worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    Avadon. It's the worst Spiderweb game I've played by far (...) it's still better than three quarters of the other games I have.
    Ha!
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"