Page 1154 of 1236 FirstFirst ... 1546541054110411441152115311541155115611641204 ... LastLast
Results 23,061 to 23,080 of 24716
    Quote Originally Posted by Eight Rooks View Post
    It's not as good as SoC or CoP, no, but there's the ghost of something even better than either of them buried in there.
    Well said. And since dancing with such ghosts is pretty much the essence of gaming, I'll keep on with this one til I figure I've seen all its moves.

I see just enough of what it could be that I'm able to play that game at least as much as the one that exists. Many games have tried to fail so well and... um... failed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, Meltdown isn't bad at all, for bundle scrapings (it's in the PWYW tier on the latest Groupees). Pretty simple little isometric 3PS, and slightly wonky difficulty curve - its origins on mobile as a monetisation engine are a little too obvious. But it looks and plays satisfyingly... chunky. Visuals are repetitive, sure, but they're nicely done and endearingly retro, the controls are nice and responsive and the weapons have a decent amount of weight to them. Online co-op seems to work smoothly enough (though player counts are almost dead, unsurprisingly). Certainly worth its full budget price and definitely worth the dollar minimum (AFAIK) for the bundle.

Rossignol! I usually spend my time in travel and image capturing. I am a professional traveler. But now I am playing Mini Ninjas. I like this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Raaritsgozilla View Post
    Goddam the longer I play Guild Wars 2 the more I get addicted to the bastarding thing
    It's funny you should say that, I had to actively tear myself away from the game last night. It's just so much fun!
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

hl2's combinationville.
    post in progress

I have more than 300 hours on CS:GO now. Will keep playing.

As far as guerrilla, I've got 2 hours in it haven't looked back.

Far Cry 3 was fun although I haven't finished it. Someday...

Quote Originally Posted by seshFriend View Post
    I have more than 300 hours on CS:GO now. Will keep playing.
    Haven't played yet but it looks like something that will last years.
    post in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    The Rickenbacker is a complete blur for me. I remember jumping like crazy and suddenly finishing that part almost by chance.
    Yeah it's pretty straightforward, by now you've got ammunition and repair tools to spare and maybe you researched a few monster parts to get get bonus damage (you might as well, the only input that's required is using the right chemicals and it's not like those are hard to find) so you can just run around and kill everything like a space marine. You don't even need the use of your brain, you kinda just run into the exit just like you said.

I'm about to head into the Many which is new territory. This is where I always stop playing because it just doesn't look fun, like Xen without the low gravity and ejaculating giant crab, but this time I'm going to do it. It's been about eleven years since I first played the game I'm long overdue for a completion. I think I've prepared enough so it might not be too bad.

It's probably the only part that won't feel like plain backtracking and worn off the game in a couple of runs. But yeah it may feel alienating from what you' ve been playing.
    post in progress

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I freely admit I'm saying this after only having played the game for about ten minutes, but still, after seeing their latest Steam news post (in response to players asking for a run button)? Jeez, indie developers. Jeez.

Whispering Willows was created to be an immersive experience where players took their time to really read, admire, and explore the world.
    Kinda helps if you actually have a game world that looks like somewhere people would want to do any of these things. All I see inside the first ten minutes are dreary brown corridors made from awkwardly copy-and-pasted hand drawn tiles.

Compare that with Eidolon, which is (almost) as lo-fi as it gets, but where the sense of scope and scale and grandeur hits me wham! inside the first thirty seconds, to the point that while that game allows me to run whenever I like, I've already been playing it for eleven hours and I've barely sprinted for any longer than a few minutes in total.

I'm all for restricting the player's actions in the right circumstances but this really doesn't feel like it should be one of them. Not a promising start; thank God I didn't spring for the full price.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Creeper World 3: Arc Eternal. I forget who here recommended this game, but I'm glad they made me buy it. It's really rather nice, even if I'm probably not playing it right; I don't think I'm more than maybe 10-12 missions in and the last one took over three hours to finish (granted, I am a bit too fond of terraforming everything, which takes time). But then, my main problem in many games is that they don't allow me to take my time, so it's rather nice, though the creator of some of the missions don't seem to have taken into account that some people play as slowly as me because the creeper sometimes stops flowing after a while and that makes things a bit easy.
    Also nice that the game allows you to ignore what it tells you to do and do things your own way instead.

Morrowind. I'm enjoying the exploration and more detailed conversations that are qualities of its age. The former I guess is due to a lack of fast travel, whilst the latter is because they didn't try to voice everything.

I've also installed the graphics and sound overhaul pack, and whilst it doesn't make the game look like a last year's AAA release it does just seem to improve the environment all round. The ashlands in particular are noticeably darker and more surreal.

I've found that the best addition to morrowin is the mods that increase drawing distance.
    Being able to stand on top of a mountain and see... well everything, all the places you can choose to go is a fantastic experience.

Aye, the view distance increase is part of the pack. The world really is damn beautiful in a way neither Oblivion or Skyrim really recaptured (other than on the very odd occasion).

I thought Dead Island would keep me busy until Wasteland 2 is out but that didn't work out at all and instead I am playing another dreaded game: Fallout: Tactics. Dreaded because, well, it's a Fallout game with all the good bits cut out and instead it's a bit like an Xcom clone with a Fallout theme. I think people would not be so dismissive if they did literally that.
    Basically you create your main guy at the beginning and later hire more from an ever expanding roster. You go on missions and kill a lots of bad guys while there is not a whole lot of roleplaying, sadly. It also does some strange thing with the lore which is why it's only considered semi-canon. Is it a bad game? No. Is it a good game? Well, no. Instead of being its own game it often feels too much like a stripped down version of the original games. It looks much crisper than the predecessors and it's very atmospheric when it tries but there's just not very many moments of brilliance.
    Also, in typical Fallout tradition it happens to be very glitchy. Did you know you can feed laser turrets drugs and then kill them through the withdrawal?
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Obscure Node
    Update: Currently playing Mark of the Ninja again, doing the new game plus thingie plus special edition content. Aside from that, some fiddling about in Minecraft and I've started playing Baldur's Gate again as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Did you know you can feed laser turrets drugs and then kill them through the withdrawal?
    That sounds like the best game ever.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Creeper World 3: Arc Eternal. I forget who here recommended this game, but I'm glad they made me buy it.
    It was probably me comparing it to playing in the bath or mash and gravy. It is more minecraft of strategy, fluid dynamics kinda demand it.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm-Hmm. View Post
    Aside from that, some fiddling about in Minecraft and I've started playing Baldur's Gate again as well.
    Man, I want to try some Minecraft mods, but I don't know what it is with that game and my hand. Every time I try to play, my index finger starts to hurt horribly. No other game brings the same kind of pain. I have even tried to remap "jump" to the mouse and "hit" to space. I think it must be some kind of PTSD after the interminable playing seasons of years ago.

So I'm trying to maintain the Iberian kingdoms under my rule while I dodge the Muslim menace to the south in Crusader Kings 2, again. Fewer clicks per minute.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    It was probably me comparing it to playing in the bath or mash and gravy.
    hehe. Possibly.

It is more minecraft of strategy, fluid dynamics kinda demand it.
    yeah, I had the impression it was tower defense of a sort, but that really doesn't do it justice.