Page 104 of 1179 FirstFirst ... 454941021031041051061141542046041104 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 23574
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    still playing TR1 but it is a bit boring. I fought my first dinosaurs met a huge one too but after I shot him for a minute he run away. maybe he was offended?

Also playing Max Payne. Still as awesome as the day i played it first time in 2002. Yet it is much harder than I remember. Maybe I am not savescumming anymore but some fights are tough and i think i only skipped two painkillers (for having them maxed) while normally i have 3-5 tops in my inventory. and i die quickly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    still playing TR1 but it is a bit boring. I fought my first dinosaurs met a huge one too but after I shot him for a minute he run away. maybe he was offended?

Also playing Max Payne. Still as awesome as the day i played it first time in 2002. Yet it is much harder than I remember. Maybe I am not savescumming anymore but some fights are tough and i think i only skipped two painkillers (for having them maxed) while normally i have 3-5 tops in my inventory. and i die quickly.
    The biggest change in MP1 is that bullet time slows max as much as the bad guys - in 2 you slow down only fractionally compared. This means things like bulletdives which worked fine in MP2 are actually a bit of a liability in MP1 and you should stick with basic bullet time as much as possible - especially since in MP2 bullet time recharges as you go and in MP1 it only recharges on a kill, and so requires far more careful rationing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Strangers Wrath first level, the camera is constantly fighting me, the controls are al over the shop and the graphics flop between beautiful and terrible... I'll hold my opinion on the voice acting because I hated Abe at first too.

It seems quite smart, after some customised controls it'll feel better.

But the 2 weapons + melee and all reminds me of Bioshock 2, you feel powerful and capable. We'll see i guess.

I've also been playing Conviction and trying to decide whether I want to buy a 2nd copy for LAN coop now while its cheap even though my 2nd pc cant handle the game ATM
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Still getting through Morrowind. Finished all the content in Tribunal yesterday; while I liked the general atmosphere and style of Mournhold, I thought the main story was pretty dull, or at least didn't live up to what it could have been. It's this story of royal intrigue and divine forces, yet you basically end up just running to one area, grabbing some items/killing some dudes, then running back to the quest giver, over and over, and the actions never match the grandeur of the surrounding lore. Not to mention the fact that most of the quests drive you into the fucking sewers of Mournhold, rather than taking place in the actual city of magic and light.

Edit: Forgot to add how bloody hard Tribunal is. I was encountering Goblins that were more powerful than the Draemora Lords I was encountering in the base game. Maybe it has something to do with leveled content, I don't know. I ended up resorting to some heavy abuse of the AI, since as a Thief/Assassin I take very few hits.

Started on Blood Moon today, and so far I'm really liking it. It's like a preview of the Skyrim to come, and even without the modern graphics the Nord culture and snowy landscapes make for good adventuring. The quests are an improvement over Tribunal as well (handing out booze to imperial soldiers), or at least the first few are, so hopefully that keeps up.
    Last edited by agentorange; 27-11-2011 at 03:05 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Orcs Must Die is a great slaughter simulator. I like the Dungeon Keeper feel of it all.

Playing Skyrim like crazy, as much as a college kid can, and loving the hell out of it.

Also dicking around in Thief: Deadly Shadows. Little baffled as to why stealth games were better in 2004.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Sanctum, Bronze, and SupCom 2, despite loftier goals. I'm having a hard time finding the time for meatier strategic fare right at the moment.

Network Hub
    Skyrim, ben there dan that (started and finished today), trine, aquaria
    Last edited by psyk; 28-11-2011 at 02:28 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Orcs Must Die is a great slaughter simulator. I like the Dungeon Keeper feel of it all.
    Just finished it, the inconsistent behaviour of the bomb kobolds down marks a generally well crafted tower defence brawler. I don't know if I'll go back to finish the rest but it was good while it lasted.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Having had very few commitments this past weekend, I spent pretty much the entirety of it playing Batman: Arkham City.

I am absolutely loving it; the combat, the stealth, the exploration and the setting just connect seamlessly to create a fantastic experience. I really liked Arkham Asylum, and the devs seem to have just taken that formula and enhanced it tenfold.

Of all the things I like about it, the one thing which I think elevates this over Arkham Asylum is the city itself. It's packed full of explorable streets, rooftops and alleyways all littered with riddler secrets and side missions.

Also, having a large contiguous chunk of land really adds to the exploration experience. Rather than being broken up by loading screens, as was the case in Arkham Asylum, you can soar around Arkham City without your feet ever touching the ground. The verticality of the city is breathtaking, you can swoop down from rooftops to subway in a matter of seconds.

I love how most of the Riddler trophies are actual puzzles now. Some of them are quite tricky to solve, and it actually feels like you're outwitting him rather than just hoovering up collectibles.

I do have one complaint though, and it's that Rocksteady seem to have taken the 'kitchen sink' approach to the game by adding in too much stuff. You're constantly getting upgrades, and the sheer amount of new gadgets and moves you build up is staggering. During combat, you have so many options that it feels a bit overwhelming at times. I often just forgot about all my special moves and gadgets and just stuck with the standard punch and counter attacks.

It's a minor quibble though, and I'd have no hestation in recommending this to anyone who enjoyed Arkham Asylum, it's brilliant. As much as I liked Portal 2, I think I've found a new candidate for my personal GOTY.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I continued on Chaos Theory,i only done first two missions for now. Gonna play third one today.

Does anyone know how I can download my Steam games on one computer then transfer them to another computer?

I ask because I'm at uni with infinite net and will soon be returning home to limited net

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    If you copy the Steam/Steamapps/Common/ folder from one computer to the other, you should be able to get them to run by reverifying each and every game cache. Bear in mind this is a very, very tedious process if you want to transfer a lot of games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Batman: AC - "Beat" it yesterday but I will keep playing it for a looooong time to to come. Trophies, riddles, challenges, challenge campaigns, side missions, new game+... Seriously, all of my game of the year contenders are actually something like game of the last three years. AC is an amazing game.

L.A. Noire - Wasn't expecting to play this so soon, but the 50% off Steam deal gave me an opportunity to pick it up. I've played the first few cases of the first detective desk (Traffic) and am really enjoying it. I wasn't sure what to expect, going in, with all the mixed reviews and whatnot. But it's a well-produced, intelligent and engaging game. So far. What I didn't know when I started the game was how twisty the cases would get. Again, I'm in Traffic, of all things, and each case I've played has been non-obvious and clever. I'm really looking forward to the homicide desk. As morbid as that is. Another thing it helps to know while playing: the "doubt" option in interviews, which often causes the protagonist to get loud and threatening, was originally called "force." And then they changed the name of the option without changing any of the dialogue. Which is totally crazy. So I just know that the option is called force (I actually think of it as "push" which has a nice maybe-threatening, maybe-inquisitive sound to it), and when the character starts shouting, it makes sense.

And, of course, always already: Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja View Post
    Does anyone know how I can download my Steam games on one computer then transfer them to another computer?

I ask because I'm at uni with infinite net and will soon be returning home to limited net
    Right click on a game in your library and select Backup Game Files. Copy the resulting folder to an external drive of your choice and run the .exe on another PC, that's it.

And I'm playing Dawn of War II and Bastion (which looks amazing).

Playing Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots on my PlayStation toy. I know the older Metal Gear games got PC releases, but I don't think this one did. It's certainly one of the strangest games I've ever played, and I've played all of the series going back to the NES days. I think people complaining that Call of Duty isn't a game because it's so linear need to play some MGS4 and sit through a 20-30 minute cutscene, walk 10 steps into the next part of the map and sit through another 20 minutes of cutscenes. Still, fun game, interesting story, and it still looks great even though I've waited 3 years to play it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Binding of Isaac a lot as it has become my "put on some music and have a quick blast for an hour" game.

Also while I'm waiting for my copy of Arkham City to arrive in the post I've been trying to play some of the indie games that have been sitting unplayed for a while. So I've just polished off To the Moon (which I did in one sitting at way too late an hour as I was rather engrossed) and have Limbo and Gemini Rue awaiting me until Batman interrupts.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensler View Post
    Playing Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots on my PlayStation toy. I know the older Metal Gear games got PC releases, but I don't think this one did. It's certainly one of the strangest games I've ever played, and I've played all of the series going back to the NES days. I think people complaining that Call of Duty isn't a game because it's so linear need to play some MGS4 and sit through a 20-30 minute cutscene, walk 10 steps into the next part of the map and sit through another 20 minutes of cutscenes. Still, fun game, interesting story, and it still looks great even though I've waited 3 years to play it.
    It does so many things that I think are Bad in Games™, but I can't help but love it. It's so completely bizarre.

Red Orchestra 2: Been playing now over 25 hours and getting a feeling for the game. Advancing to upper third of the scoreboard almost constantly. New patches improved performance. But still things left to do for the developers.

The Binding of Isaac: Finished the game 10 times by now. Now trying to finish the game with ???, though I think it will take me a bit longer to complete it. I am not the guy for no-damage runs ;)

Amnesia - The Dark Descent: Got this during the Halloween sale. Only 90 minutes into the game, but damn, great atmosphere. Only can play this in short bursts, but a nice trip!

Darwinia: Only played the first mission and not sure what to think of it now. In the beginning the darwinians reminded me a bit of these little buggers from Leviathan. Anyways will have a look at it again on the weekend.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Speaking of Binding of Isaac I'm not usually one to go achievement hunting but now I'm so close to 100 % that it feels rather churlish not to try.

The only ones I haven't got are completing Sheol with Judas (almost did it with an epic run a minute ago, I'd got crap items near the start so basically decided to give up by taking a deal with the devil for the cat with 9 lives thing without any complementary items then proceeded to power through by the skin of my teeth getting to the final boss with my little unicorn and two hearts only to be undone by a bloody leech after getting to its final form), completing Sheol with ??? (almost did this on my first run but it was the first time I'd been there and hadn't figured out the bosses yet, this was also when I managed tto get through the womb without being hit for the one and only time) and completing the caves and depths without damage (former should be doable with the right items, the latter is probably trickiest).

Funny the games that keep you playing really. Why does Isaac keep me playing whlle Dredmor started boring me after a couple of weeks? I just don't know.