Page 157 of 1163 FirstFirst ... 571071471551561571581591672072576571157 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,140 of 23251
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post

Right around 1:18... That's when I realized this level fucking sucks.
    Holeee shit

I'm playing X-Com: Enemy Unknown. I got lucky and managed to capture a leader and a commander early on (about one or two months into the game) So after a few more months of research I'm on preparations for the final assault. I just need an Avenger (which is being built as we speak). Problem is aliens know the location of my main base and I don't have my defences set yet so I'm having to fight them every once in a while. Hopefully I can keep up until everything is ready.

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Spent a chunk of time with the DS this weekend -- mostly Etrian "you'll die fairly often at first" Odyssey and Final Fantasy "where did the past 4 hours go" Tactics A2.
    steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Think I'm about ready to give up on Serious Sam: The Random Encounter. The difficulty has ramped steadily from "Slowly shake my head in disbelief" to "Haha, fuck this game" as I die instantly. The worst part is, I'm on the very last level but I just don't think I'll be able to beat it.

Activated Node
    I'm horribly stuck on Defender's Quest, so I think I'll skip back to Anno 2070. Those underwater platforms aren't going to build themselves. (neither am I, though, those production chains are pretty hard to manage)

sabrage
    Think I'm about ready to give up on Serious Sam: The Random Encounter. The difficulty has ramped steadily from "Slowly shake my head in disbelief" to "Haha, fuck this game" as I die instantly. The worst part is, I'm on the very last level but I just don't think I'll be able to beat it.
    Get all the chests and try not to use any items in the four fights before the final boss. You will die often because some of the hordes are just too massive. After every survived encounter go to to main menu to save your progress. In the final battle use every item you have. Thats how I did it :)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzog View Post
    Get all the chests and try not to use any items in the four fights before the final boss. You will die often because some of the hordes are just too massive. After every survived encounter go to to main menu to save your progress. In the final battle use every item you have. Thats how I did it :)
    Yeah, I'm on the level before the final boss (I passed it once, but somehow didn't save) and I just can not do it. The waves are utterly ridiculous.

Make that three final bosses/levels I'm stuck on! The last bit of Belmont's Revenge makes me want to throw my Game Boy at the wall.
    Last edited by sabrage; 30-01-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squareking View Post
    Spent a chunk of time with the DS this weekend -- mostly Etrian "you'll die fairly often at first" Odyssey
    "At first" nothing, you'll be dying fairly often all the way through if you're anything like me. Then again, being under substantial constant threat is half the fun.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Bastion done, very much a case of all-style, little substance. That's not to say I didn't like it or it's bad, it's just one so very much outweighs the other. For an indie game it's incredible and the production values could give a AAA game a run for its money. But the gameplay itself did nothing for me: the game felt too long by a few hours, there were around 3-5 weapons I never had or will have a use for, and the endgame weapon-swap is the biggest dickmove I've seen in a game recently:
    "Hey! Know all that dodging, fast-blocking and ranged/melee quick-swapping you've been doing so far? Fuck that noise! Here's something slow and rubbish to use for the last few fights. You're welcome".

Now it's on to Dragon Age 2.

Belmont's Revenge has by far the hardest Dracula in any Castlevania I've played. But I beat it. I had to memorize every pattern in the whole fight, and watch several youtube videos, and leave my Gameboy on for 3 hours because I was afraid that it wouldn't checkpoint right where I was, and I only killed him by the skin of my teeth, but I beat that goddamn game.

I need to go play The Sims or Just Cause or something. My thumbs hurt.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I am going to find the man who designed the last level of Jamestown, cut off all his fingers and rip out his fucking eyeballs.
    I'll hold him down; that's where I stopped playing.

Woo, finally finished Baldur's Gate for the first time. Now to start the second one!

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Woo, finally finished Baldur's Gate for the first time. Now to start the second one!
    Oh come now. You can't just say you finished BG1; details, man! How was it?
    Game Library Completion: 212/246 - 86.18%

Quote Originally Posted by SMiD View Post
    Oh come now. You can't just say you finished BG1; details, man! How was it?
    Ha, fair enough. Overall, I liked it. I enjoyed that the story unfolded through exploration rather than exposition. I loved the small scale of the plot, too.

However, I felt the game dragged on a bit after arriving at Baldur's Gate itself. I actually reached that point a couple of months ago, but couldn't bring myself to finish until tonight. Not sure exactly what it was, but I guess I missed the wilderness exploration.

And that last boss was a tough one. Took a couple hours of attempts to beat.

I beat the last boss in Jamestown, felt incredible... And then they rolled out the second form.

I don't think I'm ever going to beat this game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Ha, fair enough. Overall, I liked it. I enjoyed that the story unfolded through exploration rather than exposition. I loved the small scale of the plot, too.

However, I felt the game dragged on a bit after arriving at Baldur's Gate itself. I actually reached that point a couple of months ago, but couldn't bring myself to finish until tonight. Not sure exactly what it was, but I guess I missed the wilderness exploration.

And that last boss was a tough one. Took a couple hours of attempts to beat.
    Is it the best CRPG you've ever played?

Quote Originally Posted by Wizardry View Post
    Is it the best CRPG you've ever played?
    I've played close to zero CRPGs, but no. Ultima VII is the best I've tried, if that counts.

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    diablo 3 beta.

amazing it takes so long to make such a mediocre game.

Spent my time on the DS for Dargon Quest(yes, again) VI after beating the final boss with only one fucking golem left in my party in V. So far, so good. Still a bit confusing on the connection between the Real World and the Dream World in this game. Then, I need to try out The Dark Spire on the DS. Its a bit like Wizardry, so I heard. If anything else, I'm playing I Wanna Be the Guy- say, why am I doing this?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I restarted SP&Z, but quickly caught up my progess, I guess I'm just better at the game? Learned the merits of minelayer, got funky new ships and plonked a station to death from outside its range.
    Space!
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/