Page 179 of 1238 FirstFirst ... 791291691771781791801811892292796791179 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,580 of 24743
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    I still prefer Infiltrator. The SMG you get in Kasumi's DLC negates the need for assault rifles, and everything else is BOOMheadshot.
    Now there's a point. What, if any, ME2 DLC is worth playing?

And at what point should I be thinking of playing any that are worth playing? (i.e. if they take place before the end of the main story or are meant to be after it or whatnot.)
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

And at what point should I be thinking of playing any that are worth playing? (i.e. if they take place before the end of the main story or are meant to be after it or whatnot.)
    All of them take place at an unspecified time, but to get the most benefit you should play all before the end. However, I'd say do Arrival after finishing the main game (it fits in better there, IMHO, as it bridges ME2 and 3), and the same - arguably - goes for Lair of the Shadow Broker.

I'd say they're all worth playing. The ones least worth playing (Hammerhead one in particular) are free with the Cerberus Network, so you've not really got any reason to not play then.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

Well Lair of the shadowbroker is the one everyone rates. The Kasumi one is kind of neat because it's a different sort of mission. I didn't mind Zaeeds one myself (plus you get those badass nades of his).
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Well Lair of the shadowbroker is the one everyone rates. The Kasumi one is kind of neat because it's a different sort of mission. I didn't mind Zaeeds one myself (plus you get those badass nades of his).
    Pretty much this. Lair of the Shadow Broker is fun. Kasumi and Zaeed (the latter of which you get for free anyway) are decent companions and her story/mission is an acceptable departure from the norm. Arrival is lackluster but it moves the story forward. Overlord is forgettable.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Zaeed's a frakking badass. My party was almost always Garrus and Zaeed.

I like Zaeed, but Garrus + Zaeed is like having Garrus + Garrus. Very shooty - in that they're pretty much the only ones that use assault rifles - but no variety. Jack, on the other hand, sounds like she's shouting the enemy to death.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

I was very shooty. Soldier FemShep, Garrus, Zaeed. It was like a trifecta of badass.

Obviously I'm only far enough into ME2 to have two bland-o-chums from the start of the game, but in the first I'd been trying to use a rotation of squadmates while keeping the skills balanced.

Well, I say that. What I really mean is I'd have Wrex on any lengthy missions plus one other. Wrex. <3
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Definitely play Arrival, LoTSB is good too but I found the identity of the Shadow Broker a bit disappointing. Overlord is OK, but I think the ending is worth the price of admission anyway. It's very touching.

Welp. Looks like I've strayed into an ME thread....

Back on topic then, I played the first couple levels of Tyrian yesterday. The concept of pieces of story hiding in an enemy and possibly floating away if I'm not quick enough is an odd one, but it seems to be a very decent shmup. Can't argue with the price either.

Amusingly fitting to the current topic of discussion here, coincidentally I too have been looking into ME2 DLC before ME3 hits the world. Got Shadow Broker and found out along the way that apparently I've had the Zaeed DLC all along. Shadow Broker was good, not necessarily the greatest of things but the info dump you get as a reward at the completion is pretty interesting and it paves way for ME3 nicely. Zaeed's one was ok; not really keen on the character however, although that might be due to the lack of interaction he has with Sheppy/the world outside his loyalty mission.

I suppose I'll have to get Arrival soon too then.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    You mean Charge? It needs to be combined with Barrier and a good shotgun to become effective (& a lot of fun). It's great for flying all around a map, as it moves you through obstacles, and then you alternate unloading a clip of shotgun into someone with punching them.
    Playing Vanguard on Insanity is the absolute most fun I've had with ME2, out of playing it though around 7 times. I loved the mobility it gave and often I'd just fling myself behind the attackers and let my guys move in from the front.
    In fact I loved it so much that it's one of the very few games I started up X-Fire for to take some very short gameplay vid clips, which I now will of course offer to inflict on you good people :) I do not by the way claim that I was playing this well, but it was bloody fun.

vanguard cross-up: http://www.xfire.com/video/2f7eab/
    mordin commits suicide and I survive by the skin of my teeth: http://www.xfire.com/video/2f7ea7/
    mordin cheers a charge: http://www.xfire.com/video/2f7e9d/

On topic. Still attempting to clear my mid-point and dropped list. Clocked Alice: Madness Returns. Whilst the 3D platformery taste is fresh I suppose Tomb Raider Legend is up next.
    Last edited by Memph; 20-02-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    It's the most fun biotic/ability in the game for me just because it usually goes very right or very wrong - you either charge into someone and take them down quickly then do some flanking or find out that they had about 5 angry, shotgun-wielding friends with them.

What's the assault rifle you're using, is it a DLC one?

It's the most fun biotic/ability in the game for me just because it usually goes very right or very wrong
    Ha, yes. Exactly!

What's the assault rifle you're using, is it a DLC one?
    I honestly couldn't say, that was so long ago. I suspect that it is. Altogether I had whatever guff came with the Cerberus code thing, the Dragon Age armour, plus I picked up Zaeed, Kasumi and Overlord.
    Last edited by Memph; 21-02-2012 at 01:34 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Finished with Dragon Age 2 and had a great time with it. Have to do another playthrough sometime as a hypocritical asshole mage who always sides with the Templars and calls all mages dangerous.
    It'll be refreshing after this mage friendly playthrough. Dear god it was hard at times to always choose the "Not all mages are bad" option when pretty much every single one in the entire game falls into blood magic.
    "Templars are chasing me!" -> Blood magic
    "I think Templars are chasing me!" -> Blood magic
    "I think I broke a nail!" -> Blood magic
    "Oh fuck it's Monday!" -> Blood magic

Oh well, time to turn-some-heads in Human Revolution HARHARHAR

Dear god it was hard at times to always choose the "Not all mages are bad" option when pretty much every single one in the entire game falls into blood magic.
    I like Anders' reactions. Every time you come across a blood mage, he's all "DUDE YOU'RE NOT HELPING"
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    You know, I actually enjoyed the plot post Act 1 of DA2...including the ending. They certainly hammered the whole 'Blood Mages are everywhere' thing, but it was hard to disagree with the Templars because, well, they were right. At least I thought so. Anders' actions as well near the end of the game were incredibly interesting. I thought the rise of tensions through the entire game towards this point was done pretty well, even if the pay-off was rather ham-fisted. That being said, Act 2 was my favourite; the interaction all around was done well, the sub-plots were fairly interesting, sometimes incredibly funny.

The game gets a lot of deserved flak, and whilst I'm disappointed I haven't gone back to replay it, it had some redeeming elements.
    Last edited by The JG Man; 21-02-2012 at 03:12 AM. Reason: I can't spell 'flak', apparently