Page 1000 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 500900950990998999100010011002101010501100 ... LastLast
Results 19,981 to 20,000 of 24134
    1000 pages...

I have started playing LOTRO again (again again) and I have also played a bit of Metro:Last light. Its pretty good actually, probably better than the first one.

I'm declaring myself done with Skyrim and passed onto Waking Mars. I'm enjoying it but sometimes it feels that I'm throwing stuff around to get a high score instead of creating a coherent bio-environment.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Watching some netflix (Leverage) while debating what kind of char I want to run through the Shadowrun DLC campaign. I actually enjoyed my decker/rigger a fair amount in the original campaign, but I am thinking I'll go magic this time around. Really liking the idea of a magic melee fighter, but I also recall melee kind of sucking when I was using a melee fighter in the OC.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Right, now I've fully unlocked and upgraded everything in Rogue Legacy I can probably say that I've "completed" it. Although that doesn't really mean anything important to me and I like playing it so I'll probably keep playing.

I'm not in the sort of mood to play a particular game heavily at the moment, so I guess I can say that I am currently playing Rogue Legacy, Legendary Heroes, Redshirt, Bionic Dues, Elder Sign: Omens, Small World 2, Starbound, Banished, and Magarena. I also just got massacred in the gamebook Tower of Destruction and I'm wondering which book to try next.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    I'm playing Tropico 3 campaign (with AP addon) and one of the mission demands from you to save up 75K on your swiss account by the end of 1990.
    This mission was fairly difficult and I couldn't balance the budget for a long time. I fully concentrated on export which often left me starved for cash. Then decided to invest in tourism in order to have steady source of income. It worked and I completed the scenario in 1982. I continued playing the map in order to see how my little island develops. I planned to play till 1990. What I ended up doing is playing till 2042. Spent whole night on that single map.

I managed to built up over the whole map with the exception of a single fairly flat area. I planned to make it into "housing project" Unfortunately I would have to connect that area to my main road and seeing how much traffic that road already had any development would probably kill my economy by blocking the flow between two important parts of the island.
    Besides that I did manage to make the island work. 1050 people, profitable, no crime, starvation and winning election every time. The whole island consisted of four towns and three small villages and one port community with farms, garbage dumps and lumber mills in between. I did have to ban Religious group as they were impossible to please. Their demands like alcohol prohibition, more useless churches everywhere and less freedom and no to gay marriages would make my island collapse. Therefore after decades of zero approval after one election which was very close I banned them. When you do that some of the followers become rebels. It resulted in a small fight 38 of my soldiers against 20 rebels. They still managed to kill 32 of my men (I guess God was on their side)
    Unfortunately the game was not meant to be played for so long. The game started to lag even tough my cpu/gpu were not working at max. Then it crashed.

My biggest island so far. Probably will try to beat it with less mountainous island.
    Last edited by Lukasz; 02-03-2014 at 09:47 PM.

Activated Node
    Being late to the party is good sometimes. I just finished Antichamber, which I hadn't read anything about (even on RPS) as I'm usually not much for puzzlegames. There was something about this though, and once I bit into it, I couldn't stop chewing through it all weekend, finishing it over three evenings. A wonderful time.

I'm confounded by two empty spots on the mural though, on the left hand half about a third of the way up. I scoured every room! That is, the map at least doesn't have any loose ends...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Watching some netflix (Leverage) while debating what kind of char I want to run through the Shadowrun DLC campaign. I actually enjoyed my decker/rigger a fair amount in the original campaign, but I am thinking I'll go magic this time around. Really liking the idea of a magic melee fighter, but I also recall melee kind of sucking when I was using a melee fighter in the OC.
    Melee wasn't great no. You needed lots of magic to buff yourself up which meant about a round or two of doing nothing but getting ready for a fight. Meanwhile you could have just been pinging them at range with guns or magic.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    I seem to recall unlocking everything, maybe I even reset my rank thing when I got to the top, and I've only played 14 hours.
    That's great to hear, I guess I'll carry on playing to try the other levels, but I really don't see why unlocks were even applied.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Melee wasn't great no. You needed lots of magic to buff yourself up which meant about a round or two of doing nothing but getting ready for a fight. Meanwhile you could have just been pinging them at range with guns or magic.
    Magic melee / monk style was extra boring since it discouraged using melee weapons or bionic upgrades.

It's over 1000!!!!! etc.

Network Hub
    Currently making my way through the Thieves Guild in Thief: Gold. I've heard a lot of negative things about this level, so I'm wary about it, but as of now I'm enjoying it much more then the Bonehoard.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Today I tried Don't Starve and starved, it seems like fun though. Then I continued with DXHR, got as far as the second visit to Hengsha. I think I've managed to avoid any alarms or kills, I've been savescumming like a right bastard though.

In terms of augs, I felt like I had all I needed aaaaaages ago so now Praxis kits (which seem to be becoming more frequent rather than less) are kind of a burden more than anything. I heard it's not a good idea to get the Icarus Landing System because it can screw up some jumps you have to do to reach hidden areas, the Stealth Enhancer is pointless (I knew that from my last playthrough, though), everything else is combat or the hacking thing that shows you what's in a data store. I suppose I should get the dermal armour for the EMP shielding, after that I'd just be unlocking augs to use Praxis kits. Basically I haven't struggled with a single part of the game so far, but I'm only playing on normal. I kind of wish I'd known about the Factory Zero playthrough before I started.

Playing avp classic 2000

I've begun my second playthrough of Deus Ex: Hillbilly Robots, i.e. the one I won't finish. The first one took me over 40h with most stuff done, but from the looks of those hidden achievements, I've still missed some.

The most interesting part is that, having played the game stealth/non-lethal with ghost/smooth operation aspirations, at the end I was fed up enough that I was flipping security robots and in Pancheae (which I keep thinking of as the Mexican knock off of Pangeae) I had been killing people by the dozen: I could hear my brain whisper in the background, this is exactly the place where you shouldn't be killing innocents!, all the while bodies were flying up in the air to crash back on the ground in pools of blood.

The objective for this playthrough is to figure out why, despite the last 10-15 hours feeling too often like a drag, why I still felt like going back to it. This game has a billion small flaws and as a cyberpunk flavored game it's mild at best, but it presses some buttons in my head, atmosphere yes (music and backdrops play a huge part, I loved Hengsha) but mechanics are satisfying too.

Maybe I should just shut up and buy Dishonored.

In a fit of FPS optimism I've also played an hour of Bioshock - it's a bit tense for my tastes, and with me being so crap, I'm running out of ammo and hypos way too often. It's kind of ironic that among all the games I could pick, I chose the one with a hacking minigame (honestly had no idea)
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Magic melee / monk style was extra boring since it discouraged using melee weapons or bionic upgrades.

It's over 1000!!!!! etc.
    Yeah, I rolled a simple Mage last night. I like the gameplay, and the stats are fairly simple, but I am thinking I might go decker since it looks like, plotwise, it would be good to have one

As I continue to plan (for me, RPGs are about 90% planning, 9% "Fuck it, I'll just wing it" and 1% actually playing), getting back in to 99 Levels to Hell. Still fun, but I can't help but think the game got toned down a lot since launch.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I've begun my second playthrough of Deus Ex: Hillbilly Robots, i.e. the one I won't finish. The first one took me over 40h with most stuff done, but from the looks of those hidden achievements, I've still missed some.

The most interesting part is that, having played the game stealth/non-lethal with ghost/smooth operation aspirations, at the end I was fed up enough that I was flipping security robots and in Pancheae (which I keep thinking of as the Mexican knock off of Pangeae) I had been killing people by the dozen: I could hear my brain whisper in the background, this is exactly the place where you shouldn't be killing innocents!, all the while bodies were flying up in the air to crash back on the ground in pools of blood.

The objective for this playthrough is to figure out why, despite the last 10-15 hours feeling too often like a drag, why I still felt like going back to it. This game has a billion small flaws and as a cyberpunk flavored game it's mild at best, but it presses some buttons in my head, atmosphere yes (music and backdrops play a huge part, I loved Hengsha) but mechanics are satisfying too.

Maybe I should just shut up and buy Dishonored.

In a fit of FPS optimism I've also played an hour of Bioshock - it's a bit tense for my tastes, and with me being so crap, I'm running out of ammo and hypos way too often. It's kind of ironic that among all the games I could pick, I chose the one with a hacking minigame (honestly had no idea)

I think the cyberpunk flavor tastes mild to some because the whole series leans to both cyberpunk and post cyberpunk, much like gits. Human Revolution is the most cyberpunk one out of the 3 main games since you are the idealistic guy from a near future doing espionage for a corporation and not the government, the plot pretty much focuses on augs and having rising idealistic factions vs old oppressive ones.
    Last edited by Wenz; 03-03-2014 at 05:37 PM.

Wow, I am loving almost everything about The Banner Saga. The combat system is excellent, and everything about the cinematics and score and story seems rightfully epic. Except... the voice overs. They are the worst I've heard in quite some time. I cringe when somebody starts talking - just give me a wall of text please. Other than that, it's such a great game - it's the bizzarro version of Blackguards that is actually good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fallingcow View Post
    I think the cyberpunk flavor tastes mild so some because the whole series leans to both cyberpunk and post cyberpunk, much like gits. Human Revolution is the most cyberpunk one out of the 3 main games since you are the idealistic guy from a near future doing espionage for a corporation and not the government, the plot pretty much focuses on augs and having rising idealistic factions vs old oppressive ones.
    I symbolise my role as a corporate antagonist by making take downs with vending machines.

I just started DARK SOULS (mandatory capital letters) in earnest. Its fun, yes that I'm playing it with a controller with a broken left trigger is an hillarious handicap but I'm still having fun focusing on mobility over blocking
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    I'm playing Shadowrun Rerturns DragonFall and I'm loving it. Ok, I actually loved first campagin even with all its shortcomings but it's save sytem that ruined it for me, now it is fixed, games works perfectly for me. Yes it's not a cRPG everyone hoped it to be, it's pretty simple, linear and straightforward. I just have a weak spot for cyberpunk and Shadowrun and the fact that game expereince is heavily relies on text tickle all my fancies. Reading characters, situations and enviroments descriptions somehow made me far more immersed and involved then cinemtic games like Mass Effect series or Witcher 2.
    First The Banner Saga and now Shadowrun, 2014 strted very promising for me, two games , two jackpots.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Finally started Tomb Raider yesterday and played a bit more tonight, which left me at 43% completed. The gameplay is getting rather stale at this point. The platforming is very basic, the shooting is simpler than Mass Effect, and the story takes a bit too much for granted. Lara's 'coming of age' swings between endearing and ridiculous.

The game might be no RPG, but at least some differentiation between player and character skill would have been nice. I'm far from an expert, but when even I can line up near-endless combos of headshots it all gets rather silly. Scared little Lara 'River' Croft, indeed.
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 04-03-2014 at 12:15 AM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Playing a bit of lots of things this week:

Borderlands 2.
    It's a massive game and some quests are really fun. I am Playing Zero but I have some trouble finding good weapons so sometimes it's a bit hard and I respawn a lot. I don't really want to play in MP because I actually enjoy discovering the world, reading the quests and taking my time, and you can't do that with people rushing trough the content.

Ys Memories of Celceta on the vita. This is a really good action/rpg/brawler. I am anjoying it a lot and the combat system is quite responsive. The story is a bit meh but it's a pretty polished game.

The Next Big thing. A decent Point and click adventure. Some characters are interesting but so far it failed to be really funny. The puzzles are ok too. Not too difficult, not completely crazy.

Heartstone: Just played the tutorial and played a ranked match, which I won. Some cards look way more powerful than the others so i am sensing a bit of a Pay to win trend... All I wanna do is play with prebuild decks so i guess i won't really be able to enjoy the game if i get crushed by stronger decks and way smarter opponents. But as a old MTG player I can see myself playing a bit more of this.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless