Page 1001 of 1164 FirstFirst ... 5019019519919991000100110021003101110511101 ... LastLast
Results 20,001 to 20,020 of 23268
    Activated Node
    I'm playing Shadowrun Rerturns DragonFall and I'm loving it. Ok, I actually loved first campagin even with all its shortcomings but it's save sytem that ruined it for me, now it is fixed, games works perfectly for me. Yes it's not a cRPG everyone hoped it to be, it's pretty simple, linear and straightforward. I just have a weak spot for cyberpunk and Shadowrun and the fact that game expereince is heavily relies on text tickle all my fancies. Reading characters, situations and enviroments descriptions somehow made me far more immersed and involved then cinemtic games like Mass Effect series or Witcher 2.
    First The Banner Saga and now Shadowrun, 2014 strted very promising for me, two games , two jackpots.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Finally started Tomb Raider yesterday and played a bit more tonight, which left me at 43% completed. The gameplay is getting rather stale at this point. The platforming is very basic, the shooting is simpler than Mass Effect, and the story takes a bit too much for granted. Lara's 'coming of age' swings between endearing and ridiculous.

The game might be no RPG, but at least some differentiation between player and character skill would have been nice. I'm far from an expert, but when even I can line up near-endless combos of headshots it all gets rather silly. Scared little Lara 'River' Croft, indeed.
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 04-03-2014 at 12:15 AM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Playing a bit of lots of things this week:

Borderlands 2.
    It's a massive game and some quests are really fun. I am Playing Zero but I have some trouble finding good weapons so sometimes it's a bit hard and I respawn a lot. I don't really want to play in MP because I actually enjoy discovering the world, reading the quests and taking my time, and you can't do that with people rushing trough the content.

Ys Memories of Celceta on the vita. This is a really good action/rpg/brawler. I am anjoying it a lot and the combat system is quite responsive. The story is a bit meh but it's a pretty polished game.

The Next Big thing. A decent Point and click adventure. Some characters are interesting but so far it failed to be really funny. The puzzles are ok too. Not too difficult, not completely crazy.

Heartstone: Just played the tutorial and played a ranked match, which I won. Some cards look way more powerful than the others so i am sensing a bit of a Pay to win trend... All I wanna do is play with prebuild decks so i guess i won't really be able to enjoy the game if i get crushed by stronger decks and way smarter opponents. But as a old MTG player I can see myself playing a bit more of this.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    Playing a bit of lots of things this week:

Borderlands 2.
    It's a massive game and some quests are really fun. I am Playing Zero but I have some trouble finding good weapons so sometimes it's a bit hard and I respawn a lot. I don't really want to play in MP because I actually enjoy discovering the world, reading the quests and taking my time, and you can't do that with people rushing trough the content.
    I recommend Axton or Maya for solo playthroughs. Their skill sets are ideal for such a thing and scale excellently.

More Dark Souls. I've recently made some progress and am close to the boss encounter in Anor Londo. Noticeable moments during my journey there include:

- a failed attempt to enter a big shiny orange door in the Demon Ruins while being chased by demonic hordes ("Locked. Sorry, please come back later." O_O' -> gets murdered and probably eaten afterwards)

- a spontaneous invasion! First time I've ever seen another human player in this game (playing mostly hollow, since I'll be dying anyways, summoning doesn't work for me for some reason) and I got killed. Not too bad, however the encounter has shown me that I am missing out on a significant part of the game. Oh well, not a whole lot that can be done about it I guess. Let's hope DSII will work better for me in this regard.

- sniper duel! Well, kind of, there were of course two dudes shooting at me. Got fed up with dying in melee to the one dude after running back to the same spot for an hour or so. Went back and bought poison arrows. Cheesed the encounter, but at least I could make some progress after that. Silver Knights are annoying, they take too long to kill using my block-and-smack tactic that works for 90% of the remaining enemy population, so I learned how to parry them. Much easier.

- trying to invade an NPC just to run into a gank setup! Luckily, there is a lot of cheese available in this game, so I finally beat the encounter.

I feel like I am a bit too creative in how I approach most difficult spots and particularly boss encounters in this game. Obviously, you are meant to try different approaches but most (if not all) difficult encounters can be beaten by either a) abusing stupid AI, b) borderline exploitation of overpowered items (poison arrows, fire bombs, to name a few), c) summoning NPCs to do your job, d) (un)intentional cheese tactics (dung pies for Capra and the like). I've also had the weirdest boss fight with Ceaseless Discharge, where he spontaneously died after a few swings. No idea if that was meant to happen, but I'm not going to complain.

Still need to try out MAGIC!, but my character isn't exactly the brightest dude (started off as a Wanderer and never upgraded Intellect), so maybe that'll require a second playthrough.

Edit: Oh and gear has a massive impact on the difficulty of most encounters. Upgrading gear makes many enemies a whole lot less threatening.
    Last edited by Squiz; 04-03-2014 at 10:08 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    I recommend Axton or Maya for solo playthroughs. Their skill sets are ideal for such a thing and scale excellently.
    On default difficulty the only thing I found particularly hard about playing Zero was putting up with his dreadful, dreadful voice acting.

EDIT: Seriously, not attempting to brag/troll - I died a few times, usually when novelty enemies leapt out right in my face, but I didn't really find it particularly harder than most manshooters, and I found things only got easier as the game went on.
    Last edited by Eight Rooks; 04-03-2014 at 10:17 AM.
    I post photos here. I write stories here. I'm on Twitter here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    I've just finished my bi-annual Wizardry 8 run. To this very day, it's an absolutely fantastic game.

Defeating the Dark Savant and writing a new universe where Kin, the competent Rawulf Valkyrie, Vrynn the psychotic Felpurr Samurai (with many, many instruments of destruction at her disposal, indeed), Grim the gnomish Alchemist, Findor the singing Halfling bard (also charming sacrifice and accidental father of Al-Findor), Saleene the wise (though often slightly confused) Elvish Bishop (specializing on Mage and Priest spells with a dash of Alchemy) and Ex, the Lizardman Psionic (who kept testing out adventurous theories including his own death).

Thankfully, Vrynn was knocked out by the Dark Savant in the final battle, so she didn't get a part in designing a new universe, something akin to divine intervention indeed.

Wizardry 8 remains one of my favourite RPGs. The combat is brilliant, the voice-acting outstanding and there isn't another game out there that gives non-scripted party-characters so much personality.

I can't wait for the next run in two or three years. That'll include a human ninja and a faery warrior this time.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

The thing is that I played the first one as Roland and Axton reminded too much of him. It's basically the same character. He's pretty strong though and is passive skills seem better than Zero's.

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    I've also had the weirdest boss fight with Ceaseless Discharge, where he spontaneously died after a few swings. No idea if that was meant to happen, but I'm not going to complain.
    It's sort-of meant to happen, but I'm surprised you did it by accident on your first run through the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    It's sort-of meant to happen, but I'm surprised you did it by accident on your first run through the game.
    Well, it might have to do with the fact that the attack caught me off-guard (sort of, the placement of the items made me suspicious, but still) and I tried to run (which is my first reaction to most encounters in this game...) in order to approach the boss slowly from the gate. He then cornered me and I started hacking.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Loving Shadowrun Returns Dragonfall. It does have just enough smoke and mirrors to give you the illusion of choice. Having a prewritten team is a plus too, even if the medic kinda sucks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Do you have to start a new character?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Do you have to start a new character?
    There's a mod to let you import, but yes, because you're not playing the same character.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    The thing is that I played the first one as Roland and Axton reminded too much of him. It's basically the same character. He's pretty strong though and is passive skills seem better than Zero's.
    I could never get into Roland, but I loved Axton. I think because Roland was really set up as "throw down the turret, stick near it and use it for cover and healing" whereas, with Axton, your turret is basically a co-op buddy. You throw it somewhere, and it will fight enemies on its own and set up crossfires while you continue to run around and shoot things.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    Loving Shadowrun Returns Dragonfall. It does have just enough smoke and mirrors to give you the illusion of choice. Having a prewritten team is a plus too, even if the medic kinda sucks.
    What's the state with Shadowrun these days? I got the impression from reviews that it was a decent platform which was awaiting some well written content, the vanilla campaign being nae great shakes. Is this correct? And if so, have there been some totally radical (dude) episodes penned by the modding community question mark.

Finished Waking Mars (courtesy of Gorzan). Special endings and all.
    Enjoyed it overall but I expected something more delicate when creating ecosystems. I thought that It would've to be self sustaining. Ended up being more a thing of throwing seeds to get higher numbers and a little bit of grinding to get some of the seeds in some sectors.
    Still I liked the change of pace of a game not about killing.

I second playing as Axton. The turret is a very useful ally (especially when it starts shooting rockets and slags enemies).
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    What's the state with Shadowrun these days? I got the impression from reviews that it was a decent platform which was awaiting some well written content, the vanilla campaign being nae great shakes. Is this correct? And if so, have there been some totally radical (dude) episodes penned by the modding community question mark.
    Haven't been playing mods yet. I was waiting for the expansion, which put a bunch of features in (including something like a persistent map).

The expansion is quite fun though. They did a better job of making sure skills are useful, and there's been a wider array of etiquettes used so far. I would guess I'm about halfway through. They also offer you real choices too, which is nice. The difficulty is also far less spiky. I'm already planning to replay as a mage, because there are a bunch of options I've missed (shaman), and then again as a decker. So far, I would rate it an 87, where the last one was a 75.

God I wish they would do Hong Kong, Tokyo, or Shanghai. That ain't happening without more sales though. It's 22 or 23 on the steam top seller list less than a week after release.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    Haven't been playing mods yet. I was waiting for the expansion, which put a bunch of features in (including something like a persistent map).

The expansion is quite fun though. They did a better job of making sure skills are useful, and there's been a wider array of etiquettes used so far. I would guess I'm about halfway through. They also offer you real choices too, which is nice. The difficulty is also far less spiky. I'm already planning to replay as a mage, because there are a bunch of options I've missed (shaman), and then again as a decker. So far, I would rate it an 87, where the last one was a 75.

God I wish they would do Hong Kong, Tokyo, or Shanghai. That ain't happening without more sales though. It's 22 or 23 on the steam top seller list less than a week after release.
    By the way, I have been contemplating a run of the expansion and was wondering how flexible the main character's class is. It sounds like you didn't have a problem as a shaman and won't as a mage, but does the story still work out? The NPC team itself seems to have everything but melee and decker covered. I know you can hire a few people on the shadowrun equivalent of craigslist, but does it detract from enjoying the NPCs to have redundancy?
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Network Hub
    Just finished Dishonoured. That game was....short. I mean, steam's definitely off in its 'time played' stat (4 hours says it) but I went through the second half of that game in less than 3 hours and the last mission took me just shy of 15 minutes...because blink is broken. I'll go back and ghost the one mission that I somehow got spotted on and I apparently killed a guy in the last one so that will round those challenges off and then some time down the line I think I'll try a high chaos run as some videos I've seen of that style of play make it look incredibly fun also some of the 'targets' really need a'killin.

Never did go back to Capsized for more than ten minutes as on my return I decided that the controls were, in fact, incredibly annoying and I just didn't want to play it any more.

Not sure what to go on to next. I've just gotten myself a PS3 (to replace the one I bought (and subsequently sold at launch because nogaems) and a Wii as my RE4 special edition GCN has gotten damaged in the attic so maybe something on that. Or maybe I'll just let Steam Roulette pick...