Page 101 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 5191991001011021031111512016011101 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 24121
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    I'm pretty sure "40 weeks of DLC" doesn't mean DLC every week, but a bunch of mission packs. They announced three to be released until spring. I'm very excited for the one where the Saints go to space lol
    Three? The Season Pass was announced, and I think that goes until at least Summer. That is just what's been announced too, we don't know what else they'll announce.

And yeah, at least a year of DLC.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I bought the Season Pass. It's just a 14 Euros preorder for those three mission packs I mentioned. It also unlocked a couple of cosmetic items.
    The mission packs are:

Genkibowl VII (Scheduled to be available January 2012)
    The Wide World of Genki takes over Steelport for a sporting tradition totally and utterly unlike any other.

Gangstas in Space (Scheduled to be available Winter 2012)
    The Saints go intergalactic in this science-fiction misadventure.

The Trouble With Clones (Scheduled to be available Spring 2012)
    Copy-cat killing at its finest.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I just completed first Splinter Cell yesterday,today i am going to start with Pandora Tomorrow,and so on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    SR3 is definitely a delicious and well baked cake. I'm glad I'm eating it now.
    This.

What do I lose by waiting a year to play the game?

I lose playing the game, Unrav.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    I, for one, appreciate impatient people like Nalano. They're the engine that keeps the industry moving, and allow patient folks like myself to buy games years later at steep discounts without the entire industry collapsing. Granted, I don't really do that anymore, but I accrued a nice healthy multi-thousand-hour backlog on this principle, so I'm still grateful.

There's also something to be said for supporting developers that produce games you really enjoy. SR3 wouldn't fall into that category for me personally, but I gather it does for Nalano, and those early sales tend to determine whether we'll see an SR4.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I, for one, appreciate impatient people like Nalano. They're the engine that keeps the industry moving, and allow patient folks like myself to buy games years later at steep discounts without the entire industry collapsing. Granted, I don't really do that anymore, but I accrued a nice healthy multi-thousand-hour backlog on this principle, so I'm still grateful.

There's also something to be said for supporting developers that produce games you really enjoy. SR3 wouldn't fall into that category for me personally, but I gather it does for Nalano, and those early sales tend to determine whether we'll see an SR4.
    I can appreciate that, just as I can appreciate the long-term sales making sure that developers don't just fire-and-forget their IPs, provide support for their releases, and realize that the consumer base is larger than the Day One sales.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    I lose playing the game, Unrav.
    No, you don't, you just delay it. The game will still be here in a year, and most likely many years from now. If you're comfortable paying full price for the game and the DLC, fine, that's your prerogative, but I think it's just fair to tell people that THQ have got rather ridiculous plans for the SR3 DLC, and some people - like myself and some others here - may wish to delay their purchase until a collected edition is out.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I've been playing Just Cause 2 Complete as an early birthday present from my mum (well, it was on sale on GamersGate and I've been on the fence about it for some time). Wow, that was fun! The controls are a bit annoying and I'll have to get used to them, but I've got to say I've enjoyed what I've played so far.

Network Hub
    I've been playing Unity of Command (sorta reviewed recently on the Flare Path RPS column) and I'm really enjoying it. It's a very accessible wargame, plays quick (for a wargame), and has a fantastic UI. You can buy direct from the devs only, and I'm glad to be parting hard earned cash for indies that produce such wonderful stuff. Go check it out - http://unityofcommand.net/

There is no demo, but I took the plunge and have no regrets. I'd say it's geared towards "casual wargamers" :)
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

I'm partway through a first-time playthrough of Outcast. Despite all I'd heard about it, I was kind of expecting it to have become tarnished with time, and I'm delighted that I've found this not to be the case. I think if I had played this back when it was released, it would have blown my mind.

The gameplay holds up surprisingly well. I'm struggling to find a modern analogue, but it's kind of a Mass Effect style guns n' conversation, but in an open world.

I like the way you can talk to an NPC and have them give directions as to where you need to go, it adds to the exploration element. The devs really made an effort at creating their own world too, it feels very 'alien', despite the aged graphics. There's even an in-game dictionary so you can tranlate what the locals are talking about. The music is absolutely lovely too.

Very enjoyable so far.

Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    No, you don't, you just delay it.
    Three things.

1. Not playing the game is not playing the game.
    2. SR3 is a full game without the DLC. SR3 will be an even fuller game with the DLC. DLC is not categorically "ridiculous."
    3. As Vinraith has pointed out, you won't get your collector's edition without people like me.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    No argument with the other two, but #1 (which is a great comic, mind) only really applies if SR3 was the only game you had any interesting in playing at the moment. Maybe that's true, I wouldn't know, but I know in my case whenever I defer a purchase it really just means playing some other stuff first.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I actually have a list of games I want (inventively called Games I Want) which I split into those to get at first availability and those down-the-line. Because of release windows, it usually means that I can get games I want and will play immediately and get through them or slow down play time (if they're for example a MP focused game like BF3) which means I can come back to the 'later' games when they're cheap. I find it to be a rather good strategy. I've even got it going into next year (granted, only 4 games) so I have a bit in mind. As it stands, the only games I'm getting at release for the rest of this year are Sonic Generations (which I got for the obviously outrageous price of 15) and the re-release of Sonic CD.

Anyhow, to keep this thread relevant, BF3 has been side-lined for more Zelda. After 15 hours of play, the game has gotten a lot better, but it's a real shame it's taken so long to get there. It has, however, really made me excited for Darksiders 2.