Page 1021 of 1240 FirstFirst ... 21521921971101110191020102110221023103110711121 ... LastLast
Results 20,401 to 20,420 of 24781
    Activated Node
    Trying to dabble into Wargame AirLand Battle a bit again to change up the depressing atmosphere of Dark Souls. And also trying to decide if I want to buy Red Dragon now.... Those games are just soo great but the enormous pile of units you have to plow through in order to be slightly competitive is just waaayy to daunting for me...

Network Hub
    Can't stop playing Luftrausers.
    I want to complete these goddamn challenges, but some seem really hard to get.

I think I have all of them except for three or five (normal mode). I have problems with the "kill a battleship while on max multiplier" (too long to kill them, and not enough manoeuverability to switch between battleship/planes with the gungine...), the "kill three blimps" (fuck I already have trouble making one appear, and with the tendency to give me missiles half the time I'm randomizing weapons...)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crotteau1 View Post
    I hsve been plsying WiC
    And your A key is playing hide and seek?

Quote Originally Posted by AshEnke View Post
    Can't stop playing Luftrausers.
    I want to complete these goddamn challenges, but some seem really hard to get.

I think I have all of them except for three or five (normal mode). I have problems with the "kill a battleship while on max multiplier" (too long to kill them, and not enough manoeuverability to switch between battleship/planes with the gungine...), the "kill three blimps" (fuck I already have trouble making one appear, and with the tendency to give me missiles half the time I'm randomizing weapons...)
    I wouldn't call myself an expert on the game (I've watched TB's WTF is... and a trailer), but have you tried using the thing that causes a big explosion when you die, in order to take out a battleship on max multiplier? That seems to take them out on its own, so just get the multiplier to max and go banzai on them.

Network Hub
    I used the nuke body for a lot of missions, but unfortunately it doesn't work for "with max multiplier" missions because the nuke gives points with a 1x multiplier (or it shoud do so, there seems to be a bug.)

I think I have to kill it manually...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I just finished the Walking Dead Episode 1. It was really good. Some impressive writing. I figure I'll be pretty slow to get through the episodes, what with having to be in the right mood and having my life and all.

Whoever thought having cleverly named Steam achievement notifications pop up at emotionally charged moments in the plot needs a very stern talking to.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    Eh, it's fine if you see it differently, and while I agree it's implausible, I still think it's valid as a vision of how wretched Wraeclast is (and PoE's world as a whole). Which is why I think it's good worldbuilding - PoE tries, with all of GGG's limitations, to convey basically a message of despair. You're never cast as a hero, the chosen one, etc. NPCs constantly question your motivations, and even the player characters usually sound more vengeful, spiteful, and even petty than heroic. So in that perspective the excesses of Lunaris 3 make sense. I haven't seen Atziri yet, but I wouldn't doubt it's also pretty exaggerated.
    the witch is clearly evil. She just does stuff in order to get more power. Actions of bad guys and demons don't offend her. They are just in her way. One of her comments on killing Vaal thingy in act 2 was a regret that she had to do it.
    the only selfless deed I guess is trying to save that Tolan guy in act 3.

Civilization V + expansions: oh yes. Completely lost track of time last night. Civ never "clicked" with me, until now.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    the witch is clearly evil. She just does stuff in order to get more power. Actions of bad guys and demons don't offend her. They are just in her way. One of her comments on killing Vaal thingy in act 2 was a regret that she had to do it.
    the only selfless deed I guess is trying to save that Tolan guy in act 3.
    I wouldn't say she's evil or that she has no feelings about the bad guys - she misses her kids, and "No-one will cry for you, Dominus" or whatever she says to the final boss is hardly sociopathic monologuing. But I agree that she comes across as a dark character, sympathetic or otherwise (I loved "Pity. I think we could have been friends" when you kill the Oversoul). Again, I really liked the emotion the voice actress managed to put into her few lines - a couple fall flat but the rest are almost Dark Souls-esque, suggesting a huge amount with very little.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Titanfall everynight. Halfway to Gen 3. Playing variety pack in a partial group is some of the best multiplayer I have had in awhile.

Heroes of the Storm has a hero rotation like LoL, so got to try out new heroes. Witch Doctor is a lot of fun. Zeratul can be quite the assassin, taking on nearly anyone 1v1. Some heroes do not seem to have a lot of burst but are great in team fights. Arthas feels that way, but has a few options for slows to stop anyone from getting away.

Got my first 60 hardcore character in Diablo 3. Some nasty elite/champ packs even on expert. Corridors when you have mortars, double freeze to deal can still be lethal. I might keep playing him time to time and try to gear up to Torment. Hard to try higher difficulties because you don't want to risk a quick death.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Been playing Dark Souls on my XBone pad, but xboxce doesn't like it so all my controls are wrong, whatever... It's great, like a beautiful comprises between a rogue likes mercilessness and a modern games checkpoints. I'm running about Hollowed out of cowardice but I think I need to pop a humanity pill and walk around with a target painted on me once I get out of berg properly (not got a bonfire in parish yet).

Restarted as a wanderer and he occasionally flips out like a ninja when I wield the simitar 2 handed. I even spent 20 minutes braying everything with a big shield 2 handed very fun.

Wish I could both kick people and shoot without lock on reliably, it's annoying.

My wife completed Conviction, she felt like the difficulty curve wasn't keeping up with her and by the end she was on the hardest setting to stop it feeling like a exercise in mopping up guards. So it's a surprise to me to see Blacklist stop her cold a few times and her ratchet the difficulty down. I tried not to biased her but briefed her that there is much disagreement which Splinter Cell is best, she's reserving judgement for now.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I played the first 30 minutes of CloudBuilt. It's like what one would expect from a platform game and I won't spend time on a shooter for a long while. Too busy messing with the game and pull the weirdest stunt/movement. Basically what got me into gaming.

Network Hub
    Goddamnit Luftrausers, how do you expect me to reach 25k points in SFMT mode ?
    It's my last mission and then it's game complete, but it's completely out of my reach made .

I barely made 5k in SFMT and my highscore in normal is 28k...

Network Hub
    I've finished The Swapper and replay of Gunpoint. Both games are excellent and i will defnietly come back to them not once.
    What now ? I'm a bit directionless, I have a couple of games (replays) started and put on hold: GTA4, Mass Effect 2, Witcher 2 (Roche's side ) or maybe it's time to finish that game I started as Byzantine Empire in CK2 or as a Timruids in EUIV...ah decisions, decisions...

Playing Falling Titans (Titanfall) and periodically playing Dark souls: Prepare to die(a lot) edition.

Also just got emailed by Squenix beta access to Nosgoth so that's nice.

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    I just finished One Finger Death Punch in Student Mode. I will probably play here and there, but I'm not going to focus on clearing out the Master/Grandmaster levels, to be honest. It's an interesting game, but tends to just get me all amped up too much and I get all jittery and stuff.

I'm getting old, I think... prefer slower, more thought provoking games, I guess. ;P

Network Hub
    And the terrible accents continue!

I reached Paris in Deus Ex. Haven't gotten into the level proper yet, but my gosh the voice acting got terrible again. I was hoping maybe they'd be able to pull off the European accents, but I guess not.

Obscure Node
    X3Terran Conflic.

Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    And the terrible accents continue!

I reached Paris in Deus Ex. Haven't gotten into the level proper yet, but my gosh the voice acting got terrible again. I was hoping maybe they'd be able to pull off the European accents, but I guess not.
    GREEN GREASY GREASÈLS!

I love this.

More Dust: An Elysian Tail:

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    The worst part about that game is the final level, it's an absolute nightmare of a mess.
    Really? I don't see what you mean. Having so many nontargets run around makes combat a right clusterfuck but I always have the option of ceasing to give a fuck and just dust storm right through the whole area. It's actually pretty funny, I played the whole game on Hardcore and every new area I visited was populated by enemies who could all insta-kill me, but when chapter 4 (of 5) rolled around I was starting to get ahead of the curve, and by the final level I was pretty much untouchable. Combine that with the fact that the game didn't give me double jump until I was about 15 hours in (!!) and I can safely say that the game only got really fun at chapter 4. Yet more evidence that double jump instantly makes a game twice as fun.

Really, the things I was enjoying the most was exploration, finding secrets, platforming, all that stuff is just great, and all those boring enemies just get in the way. I've eventually figured out a way to cover almost unlimited horizontal distance through the air just by a series of sword swings, and you don't even need anything to hit. But using your full moveset to take on tough enemies can be satisfying as well, only you almost never get to do this. There's such a ridiculously high number of filler mooks in the game that I honestly think you could cut out half of them and be left with basically the same game. Enemies that are actually able to block or evade your attacks with any degree of competence are a minority, but fighting them is so much more interesting than just whacking a group of dudes that can only walk up to you and hit you.

I was able to wipe the floor with the final boss, but it was still the best fight in the game, mainly because you can't stunlock him to death. If the game just had faster and more progressive enemy evolution, his moveset would have been perfect for an end-of-chapter 3 boss. The actual chapter 3 boss... he was easier than most of the other enemies in that area. Such a shame.

With all this criticism I should also mention I really enjoy the dialogue, humour, and character interaction in general. Plot's a bit silly in some places but the main storyline does become quite interesting, so all credit to them for that.

Since I enjoyed this one, I think I'll do Guacamelee next.

Activated Node
    Finished Dragon Age II and I must say I quite liked it! Possibly even a bit more than DA:O. The differences from the first game to the second are very comparable to the Mass Effect series: streamlined gameplay and a more personal, smaller scale story. And of course the dysfunctional group, where some companions just hate each others guts.

Some people have complained that the main character is just reacting to events, as compared to actively moving the plot along, but that is because of the nature of the antagonist. There is effectively no main bad guy, the enemy is the system itself, which is corrupt and broken. Actively changing that is impossible for a single person. Everyone who tries to remain neutral and who seeks a peaceful solution ultimately fails.

The game still has its flaws (recycled levels, some fights dragging on way too long, rushed ending) but it is, in my humble opinion, a worthy successor.

Now I can hardly await Dragon Age Inquisition.