Page 103 of 1258 FirstFirst ... 353931011021031041051131532036031103 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 25153
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Spent 52 hours in SR3 and 57 hours in Skyrim. Now going back to BF3 and shooting mans.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Wow,how many hours do you spend playing per day ?

I just completed Pandora Tomorrow this week,hate how game forced you to kill enemies.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    I too am impressed by, and envious of, Nalano's game time.

I'm still mostly just playing the occasional bout of SupCom2, which continues to please and surprise. I'm also tinkering with the Panzer Corps demo, and playing the occasional round of Bronze. I keep talking about getting back into my Portugal game in EU3, or spending more time learning Pride of Nations (which, more and more, looks like it might be my game of the year), but we'll see whether I can actually find a moment to do either.
    Last edited by vinraith; 24-11-2011 at 02:49 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Wow,how many hours do you spend playing per day?
    I have three computers at home, not counting laptops. One is currently working profitably to convert cassettes to FLACs and allowing me to post here, another is a file server of all previous video/audio work, and the third is my gaming machine. When I'm not out on contract, I'm sitting here padding my posting numbers.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Took a break from Bronze to play lots of duels in Quake Live. (Pretty excited for DreamHack, incidentally!)

Now I'm taking a break from QL to play Bronze again. Just finished the Hittite campaign, which was relatively easy once I got the hang of making the most of my free citadels. A nice surprise after the Assyrian campaign, which I found pretty exhausting and is probably the reason I took a break in the first place. One more to go, and I'm expecting a challenge. It certainly looks like it'll take a completely different playstyle to the previous campaigns.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Wow,how many hours do you spend playing per day ?

I just completed Pandora Tomorrow this week,hate how game forced you to kill enemies.
    Made by Shanghai, just like double agent, when I first bought it I got a steady 40fps until the jungle level forced me to play in thermal vision due to sub 1 fps.

But you don't need to kill ANYONE, fyi http://www.supercheats.com/xbox/walk...kthrough11.txt
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I think I'm probably just over 60 hours in Skyrim. I was off work last week so took the opportunity to cane Skyrim a bit.

Not a patch on Nalano given his SR3 time too. When did that one come out?
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Spent 52 hours in SR3 and 57 hours in Skyrim. Now going back to BF3 and shooting mans.
    91 hours in Skyrim here. I have never been able to divide my attention between two games simultaneously.

After picking up Hydrophobia for dirt cheap I gave it a shot.
    Has anyone else played this through and if so, does the game get any better then the opening 20 minutes? Not finding this too compelling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Has anyone else played this through and if so, does the game get any better then the opening 20 minutes? Not finding this too compelling.
    The ass whopping RPS gave it scared me away.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

After 'finishing' Skyrim [all Guild and main quests complete - vast majority of the map explored - to me that's a Bethesda game complete] after 30-odd hours [32 to be precise] I'm back trying to find something within my vast Steam Library that interests me. It's interesting; when I played consoles primarily games were always new and exciting; I could play games 3-4 times over before getting bored. I certainly completed the vast majorty I owned - yet on Steam, even if I limit myself to a small portion of my games library, I often can't muster up the motivation to actually play the games I'm so excited to buy...

As a result I spent the token amount of Blue coins I had amassed [Gamersgate] on Hamilton's Great Adventure; first impressions are very good - it seems a pretty simplistic puzzle game - a lot of trial and error involved, but it has a lighthearted atmosphere and is ultimately a lot of fun so far.
    Last edited by DzX; 24-11-2011 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    I bought it a good while ago when it was super cheap, but I only managed to get about halfway through. The choppy performance and repetitive gunplay caused me to abandon it.

The water physics are amazing, and they should have concentrated on stretching that idea as far as they could, rather than throwing in trite third person combat. The best bits I played were puzzles which involved using the water physics to progress further, but they were too few in number.

Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    I bought it a good while ago when it was super cheap, but I only managed to get about halfway through. The choppy performance and repetitive gunplay caused me to abandon it.

The water physics are amazing, and they should have concentrated on stretching that idea as far as they could, rather than throwing in trite third person combat. The best bits I played were puzzles which involved using the water physics to progress further, but they were too few in number.
    Had a gut feeling it would have been like that. Shame, as the water tech is really, really nice. Just imagining if they put it to use in something like Cryostasis (well, if that had any patches or if anyone ever played it that is).
    At 40 mins in I'm going to drop it. The whole thing just feels like some stale timecapsule from 2001 containing a really bad PS2 game. Complete with awful voice acting and scripting, goofy "horror", a cut scene every 20 meters and the feeling some designer went "Hey! Lets try to make a cross between MGS and Tomb Raider." and failed horrificly.
    Last edited by Scumbag; 24-11-2011 at 05:26 PM.

I'm not letting myself have Skyrim until I finish Morrowind, Oblivion and New Vegas. I spent most of last night tooling Morrowind (which I fell out of playing when I started WoW a few years ago, for shame) up with some mods to improve the models and textures. The Morrowind Graphical Extender (http://sourceforge.net/projects/morrgraphext/) is a good start and to access widescreen resolutions, the FPS optimiser (http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.co...s.detail&id=51) seems like the best tool. It also lets you muck about with view distance and a few other things on the fly. Anyway, with a bit of a spit and polish the old game looks as lovely as I remember it seeming when I bought it.

Combined with some texture and model packs (there's a choice of loads on Planet Elder Scrolls) and a ground clutter mod and it's looking spiffy. I managed to preserve my old save games as well and forgot how much I liked my character, a Redguard agent who's a demon with a short blade and something of a hit with the laydeez or so I like to think.

Also nabbed X3 in the Steam sale and I can't decide which one to pile into first.
    Last edited by Sproutmask; 24-11-2011 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Paragraph in the wrong place. Oops!
    There is nothing more powerful than a bad idea who's time has come...

Amnesia: The Dark Descent & Penumbra: Black Plague occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by disembowelment9 View Post
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent & Penumbra: Black Plague occasionally.
    You're a braver soul than I...58 minutes and 8 minutes played respectively! Amnesia is just to scary for me, I couldn't figure out how to get out the first room in Penumbra :P

Just finished the final campaign in Bronze. Now to take on the AI in some skirmishes...
    Also playing QL a fair bit, still hoping I might magically become decent at duel one day.
    And I'm tossing up which classic Black Isle RPG to try. Another crack at Torment?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I'm trying to squeeze out Max Payne before my PS3 gets here next week. The game started pretty mundane, but I'm absolutely loving it now. Every battle is a symphony of bullets and slow-motion dives, coupled with unintentionally hilarious animations and death throes. Not to mention the superb storytelling. The hard-boiled noir lines are a bit cheesy, but they're still better written than 99% of the other games out there to this day. The dream sequences are pitch-perfect.

I've been using Steam to organize all my games, and it was really annoying that gulping down a handful of pills (tab) and diving (shift) at the same time brought up the Steam overlay, resulting in my death. I fixed the hotkey for it now, but I died a fair few times to that because I was too lazy to exit the game.
    Last edited by sabrage; 26-11-2011 at 12:06 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node TillEulenspiegel's Avatar
    SWTOR beta. It's what I expected in terms of it being a WoW clone with voice acting, but it's not quite as awful as I expected. I'm enjoying it much more than Rift.

If you're in the market for a WoW-style MMO and you like Star Wars, it's the thing to play.

Cave Story +, having been gifted it by a friendly RPSer. I'm not letting myself get diverted by anything else, and since I've no money I'm able to ignore the sales without much regret.

It is a lovely game, but given its difficulty I'm glad I have the motivation of wanting to show proper gratitude by playing the game I was given. Lately I've had far too much of a tendency to hop between games every time one of them gets to a tricky bit.

If I were to criticise I'd focus on the options - I don't think you can turn the music off or change the keyboard set-up. The music is good and I have no problem so far with the keys, so this is minor. It does mean that I'm not playing at the moment, since I'm using my laptop to listen to radio playback.