Page 1038 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 38538938988102810361037103810391040104810881138 ... LastLast
Results 20,741 to 20,760 of 24075
  1. #20741
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    3,159
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    I really want to play Enter the Matrix but I get a blue screen when it loads the first level :/
    Your computer is protecting you. It loves you much.

  2. #20742
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Jolly Ole England
    Posts
    3,265
    *Sigh* Age of Wonders 3 is getting to me. I can't take this castle without more troops, can't get the troops without taking them from somewhere else, and my enemy is appearing everywhere including the most secure areas of the map. I have brought my vast finances to their limit and have no solution.

  3. #20743
    Lesser Hivemind Node L_No's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Your computer is protecting you. It loves you much.
    Oh come one, it wasn't that bad ;)
    I actually finished it twice.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

  4. #20744
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    This, it's an excellent adventure.
    It could really use a walkthrough, though.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

  5. #20745
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Your computer is protecting you. It loves you much.
    Was that the Matrix game where.. (Spoilers) ...the end boss is some kind of "screw you" joke. I vaguely recall you see a clip of the filmmakers telling you that you are awesome for completing the game and you can basically bugger off.

  6. #20746
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,331
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy horse View Post
    Was that the Matrix game where.. (Spoilers) ...the end boss is some kind of "screw you" joke. I vaguely recall you see a clip of the filmmakers telling you that you are awesome for completing the game and you can basically bugger off.
    I never played it, but from what I understand it wasn't so much a "screw you" as "Seriously, doing a Jesus'y sacrifice would be a shitty game. So let's fight Super Smith instead"

    And nah, I think that is the one starring Jada Pinkett Smith
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

  7. #20747
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    It could really use a walkthrough, though.
    All I can think of is the adoption trainer but it's really hard to disable.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  8. #20748
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    And nah, I think that is the one starring Jada Pinkett Smith
    Yup, that's the one. You can play as either her or that guy that crews her ship, Ghost if I'm not mistaken. Doesn't change much which one you choose, apart from some driving sections where you are either driving or shooting.
    Steam uPlay
    Origin: afontanm

    My Backlog

  9. #20749
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    3,159
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy horse View Post
    Was that the Matrix game where.. (Spoilers) ...the end boss is some kind of "screw you" joke. I vaguely recall you see a clip of the filmmakers telling you that you are awesome for completing the game and you can basically bugger off.
    You're thinking of Path of Neo. The "sequel" to Enter The Matrix, and perhaps the best worst game I've ever played.

  10. #20750
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,630
    Path of Neo is legit awesome.

    I'm playing Batman, pretending I'm Neo. Warner is sleeping on the Matrix franchise.
    Since Agent Smith popped up in an Elrond cutscene in LEGO LOTR, I'm hoping for a LEGO Matrix...

  11. #20751
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Jolly Ole England
    Posts
    3,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    You're thinking of Path of Neo. The "sequel" to Enter The Matrix, and perhaps the best worst game I've ever played.
    Wish I'd gone that one instead of Enter the Matrix. Pile of shit.

  12. #20752
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    3,159
    Path of neo is the only game I can think of that manages to be so bad that it goes all the way to being good. It's downright bizarre and I think the reason for this is because while badly made and despite its low production values it simply easy enough that it doesn't annoy (four click combo and five click combo while blocking with the same button means that to play you only have to mash the same button all time) so you can enjoy the experience without worries. From the illogical enemies (giant kung fu fighting ants!) to the ridiculous product placement (nvidia everywhere).
    There are so many moments that leaves you baffled as what were they thinking when they made that. It's like the game is the result of all the ideas they had during a no filter brainstorming implemented as they were.

    It's bad, more than that, it's terrible. And I love it.

  13. #20753
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LTK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,253
    While I waited for the FTL update to arrive I played some Teleglitch, and apparently that's received an update as well! There seems to be a lot more variety in enemy encounters right now, so in one run you might run into a pack of giant zombies flanked by a squad of machinegun-toting guards once you step out of the level 3 teleporter room, and in another case there'll just be a smattering of mutants. The general loot distribution doesn't seem to have changed, but there's a lot more ammo to go around if you care to look. I never leave a level before I've explored every inch of it, which is sometimes not the best idea, but it allows me to be very routine in my equipment upgrades. Craft a nailgun out of your second 9mm, craft all empty cans into armor, and so forth. Routine is not something you generally want to encourage in a procedural death labyrinth.

  14. #20754
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,025
    Got a tad obsessed with getting 100% achievements in Faerie Solitaire and finally managed it just now. It only took 91 hours (still, it took 167 for one guy; getting the drops required is totally random).

    I gather that owners of the game will get the upcoming remastered version for free, and that it will wipe all your achievements...

  15. #20755
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    353
    I'm nearing the end of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I'm on Burke's ship, which means that I'm in the midst of the Missing Link DLC chapter. I have to say, it's a major step down from the rest of the game, and I'll be glad to be done with it.

  16. #20756
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wenz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Gorizia, Italy
    Posts
    1,239
    I spent a lot of more time on the max payne kung fu mod and its less than friendly controls than any matrix game (i hardly played 10 minutes of matrix stuff or something). The memories

  17. #20757
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    I'm nearing the end of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I'm on Burke's ship, which means that I'm in the midst of the Missing Link DLC chapter. I have to say, it's a major step down from the rest of the game, and I'll be glad to be done with it.
    Yep, it was (directors) cut for a reason. But I did enjoy ghosting (no cloak) past as all the guards to get to the 'final boss'. I think it's best taken as a challenge map.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  18. #20758
    Lesser Hivemind Node L_No's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Path of neo is the only game I can think of that manages to be so bad that it goes all the way to being good. It's downright bizarre and I think the reason for this is because while badly made and despite its low production values it simply easy enough that it doesn't annoy (four click combo and five click combo while blocking with the same button means that to play you only have to mash the same button all time) so you can enjoy the experience without worries. From the illogical enemies (giant kung fu fighting ants!) to the ridiculous product placement (nvidia everywhere).
    There are so many moments that leaves you baffled as what were they thinking when they made that. It's like the game is the result of all the ideas they had during a no filter brainstorming implemented as they were.

    It's bad, more than that, it's terrible. And I love it.
    You're absolutely right about Path of Neo there. I remember playing it and being completely baffled by the random levels the game throws at you, without any obvious connection between the individual bits.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

  19. #20759
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,804
    Came back to Creeper world 3's final miss with renewed vigor. Turns out that my methodology is all screwed up. Throwing up shields along the front line allowed the mortars deeper targets and gave me a foothold and rather than terra forming I just spammed auto targeting Big Berthas.

    Turns out that the irrepressible Scripting reaches a natural snooze and you can just tide crawl after it stops laying nodes.

    Yeah, alien speak to non players.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  20. #20760
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Yep, it was (directors) cut for a reason. But I did enjoy ghosting (no cloak) past as all the guards to get to the 'final boss'. I think it's best taken as a challenge map.
    The 'final boss' was actually fun, and the only one (so far, at least) that you could actually stealth your way through, which is a major plus in my book. Still, I'm glad to be out of that section and into what I assume is the end game.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •