Page 1039 of 1258 FirstFirst ... 39539939989102910371038103910401041104910891139 ... LastLast
Results 20,761 to 20,780 of 25147
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Playing a bit of DC:OU

its... not really my cup of tea. The only thing i dig is a)it's dc. i love DC. b)i can fly
    probably few more hours and few more missions and that's it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    In Age of Wonders 3 I put the deathblow on an enemy in the most metal way possible. I brought a huge army to the gates of his city and created a vortex, casting the entire battlefield in an apocalyptic hue. The higher tier magic is sickeningly powerful - in this case every turn the vortex not only does great area of effect lightning damage, but also conjures a random monster BEHIND him. It almost felt like cheating really, I could've just stood back and waited for all his units to perish. Instead I mass charged. Maniacal laughter ensued.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    I'm nearing the end of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I'm on Burke's ship, which means that I'm in the midst of the Missing Link DLC chapter. I have to say, it's a major step down from the rest of the game, and I'll be glad to be done with it.
    I did a non-lethal run of DX:HR, and since the DLC has no bearing on your main game stats, I killed virtually everyone on the ship as a nice change of pace. I have fond memories of destroying people with that golden magnum or whatever it was. Anyway, I got all that killing out of my system, and went back to being Mr. Nice Guy in the core game.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    In Age of Wonders 3 I put the deathblow on an enemy in the most metal way possible. I brought a huge army to the gates of his city and created a vortex, casting the entire battlefield in an apocalyptic hue. The higher tier magic is sickeningly powerful - in this case every turn the vortex not only does great area of effect lightning damage, but also conjures a random monster BEHIND him. It almost felt like cheating really, I could've just stood back and waited for all his units to perish. Instead I mass charged. Maniacal laughter ensued.
    It is pretty OP but I loved that about AOW. Magic at the highest level isn't just a pretty variation of artillery or the like, it's this genuinly awesome phenomenon which warps the laws of reality.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    In Age of Wonders 3 I put the deathblow on an enemy in the most metal way possible.
    Argh, so pissed that I'm going away for the next week. Finally bailed on the AoW beginner campaign and started a random map. So much more fun! Went for a mage as well, summoning otherwordly creatures to fight alongside your standing army is so cool.

In other news: still playing Dark Souls. Getting into the groove and feeling like a badass in Sen's Fortress. There is some seriously wierd shit in this game. I like the way they gradually ramp up the strangeness, makes it so surreal and convincing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Not a game per say but I've been playing the Let's Pretend soundtrack from SR 3 and IV over the AV system during the break at a Mental Health conference. Recieved universal approval.

Hawken for a bit today. Okay, a few hours but most of the time it's pretty hard for me to hit targets. Doesn't help that I usually opt for the "Spray and Pray" tactic whenever I go one on one with another guy. usually gets me killed with my bullets not hitting him but I think I just suck with the SMC. Need to buy the Raider next time, though. Shooting while boosting sounds like my style and I usually get close when I want to blow stuff up.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

Network Hub
    And that's Deus Ex: Human Revolution finished. Overall, a fantastic game, particularly in the middle section. The third act wasn't fantastic, in my opinion at least, but the finale was satisfying so, overall, I can't fault it too much.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    And that's Deus Ex: Human Revolution finished. Overall, a fantastic game, particularly in the middle section. The third act wasn't fantastic, in my opinion at least, but the finale was satisfying so, overall, I can't fault it too much.
    the whole zombie level i found to be the weakest part of the game. It came sortof out of nowhere.
    but i agree that it was fantastic game.

Network Hub
    Yeah, that was my main criticism too. Completely out of place with what had come before.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    XCOM:EW Impossible Ironman

Last remaining sectoid just critically hit and killed my sgt heavy who was in full cover and had 6hp, cpl assault panicked and shotgunned sgt sniper in the face. Yay. This is so frustrating.
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Yeah, that was my main criticism too. Completely out of place with what had come before.
    I just used stealth... Didn't you use stealth?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ugh...the final level of DXHR was horrible. To be fair though, it had Square written all over it. Especially the final boss fight, with its focus on taking out peripheral support targets and multiple stages. For some reason every Square game has this annoying multi stage boss fight at the end. They even did it in Dungeon Seige III, where it about as well as in DXHR. Which is to say 'not at all.'

In other news, still playing Dark Souls. Managed to work my way past the trap-laden Sen's Fortress as well as Anor Londo. Though tough, O&S weren't really that bad with Solaire along. Killing O first helps immensely, though some character types will desperately want to avoid doing so.

Made my way to the Four Kings, and wow...got hammered. Eager to dive back in, but that's about 10 hours this weekend, so its time to take a break and do something a little less demanding for a while.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcompany View Post
    Ugh...the final level of DXHR was horrible. To be fair though, it had Square written all over it. Especially the final boss fight, with its focus on taking out peripheral support targets and multiple stages. For some reason every Square game has this annoying multi stage boss fight at the end. They even did it in Dungeon Seige III, where it about as well as in DXHR. Which is to say 'not at all.'
    You never played the original Deus Ex, did you?
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    You never played the original Deus Ex, did you?
    While the finale of DX did have a series of operations you had to perform, they were designed as part of a larger level, not a set piece battle where you are locked in a room with the Final Encounter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Playing some Batman: Arkham City. Not really enjoying it so far. There's a lot of running around back and forth, fighting dumb goons that offer no challenge whatsoever, but with a control scheme that makes it rather cumbersome to do anything particularly interesting.

There is a lot of hand-holding, and a rather inflated tool kit with similar problems requiring vastly different solutions just because. I especially dislike things like being told in one zone to analyse the exhausts of a pipe to 'find where it comes from', with the obvious goal of disabling the exhausts so Batman can continue. Then in the next zone the too-hot-to-cross exhausts are used as an invisible wall, with no information at all showing up in Batman's Detective Vision (or whatever it's called). Either give me the options or don't, but this is rather annoying.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcompany View Post
    Take a laser rifle with you.
    The fact that they took that into account is amazing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    While the finale of DX did have a series of operations you had to perform, they were designed as part of a larger level, not a set piece battle where you are locked in a room with the Final Encounter.
    Potaytoe, potahtoe. The "larger level" was a few rooms connected by hallways with mooks in them, and the overall "final level" of HR also involved checking nooks and crannies to unlock a different ending. The only real difference was that, after all the forking, there was one final join. Which largely made it easier on people who were going to repeatedly re-load their saves to see all the endings anyway.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Playing some Batman: Arkham City. Not really enjoying it so far. There's a lot of running around back and forth
    Stop running, start flying. You using a 360 pad?
    I'd say the 360 controls are very elegant, something you notice alot in new game plus is everything Batman has is just one press away.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    I stopped using stealth during that part because it became a bit too frustrating for me, especially when I could just jump up on a slightly elevated platform and blast away at people without them being able to get to me. Honestly, though, a big part of my disappointment with that section had nothing to do with gameplay; it seemed like the laziest possible place for the plot to go.

In regards to the final level, I actually preferred it to that of the original Deus Ex (which did mostly the same thing, just spread out in a way that became irritating by the end of the fight). That being said, the final level was so similar to that of the first game that it started to edge into Superman Returns territory, where it was almost-but-not-quite a remake.