Page 1043 of 1162 FirstFirst ... 43543943993103310411042104310441045105310931143 ... LastLast
Results 20,841 to 20,860 of 23230
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    DXHR:DC

I'm trying to ghost it and I guess it's possible but not very enjoyable, msot of the time I end up knocking everyone out and then exploring the level.

First time I ever spoke to that homeless black woman. Did all the drama back in the day was really about her? Why? I don't get it.
    You mean the senile old woman back in Detroit? my memory's a bit fuzzy on that one
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    Right now, Im in the part where Batman just defeated Mr Freeze.
    I personally loved that bit. That's how to do a boss fight. Best part of the whole game if you ask me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    so instead of DEHRML i decided to play something completely different: indiana Jones and last crusade. I love fate of atlantis so I should at least enjoy this one (although it is way more primitive)

numpad does not work in this hence i can't fight. My games hate me this time. Ill probably could connect my spare keyboard but fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    You mean the senile old woman back in Detroit? my memory's a bit fuzzy on that one
    Not her, the woman you meet way back at the start of the game. Letitia. People thought she was a racist stereotype because of the way she talked.

Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    I didn't really understand why but every now and then I'd fire a grenade instead of a beam, so there might be pickups but if there are they're invisible and you just kind of get given them. I like that there are no pickups, though, because it makes the game like UT's Instagib mode, everyone is equally deadly and it all comes down to whether or not you can hit people and dodge bullets, not knowing the best routes to the best weapons and stuff. I didn't feel disadvantaged by not knowing the maps, let's put it that way.
    That's correct and also the reason why it's poor:P i think you have different fire modes or weapons running on the same energy.
    And i can't blame people for getting bored of arenas because the best ones are meant for duels and aren't perfect either. Still, even skimming a couple of things about map control is enough to see them with new eyes imho (knowing aerowalk before getting into the link would help)
    http://quakelive.wikispaces.com/Adva...owalk+Strategy
    Rankin and deck16 from ut are maps where this kind of thing gets fun too. You get a lot of hitscan vs spam weapons so deathmatches are pretty chaotic. If it wasn't for the pulse rifle duels could be fun too
    Last edited by Wenz; 09-04-2014 at 02:56 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Far Cry 2 has made me incredible at Crysis. I know how to turn everything to hand into a weapon now and set up killing grounds, am breezing through it on hardest difficulty.

Just took another base by sneaking around headshotting in cloaked mode, cloak runs out and i can be seen, oh no, so I grab a crate and bowl over two mooks before disappearing in the confusion, run into a shack, reappear and take a few more shots, then climb onto the bins which I have placed next to the shack in cloaked mode, lie prone on the roof until the remaining troops go into the shack to look for me, at which I point I punch the roof in strength mode which causes it to cave in and crush them all.

Have also taken out machine gun nests by driving into them, jumping out and then shooting the vehicle to blow them up, and also by lobbing an explosive barrel and shooting it mid air to create a massive bomb. Also did a good Velociraptor impression as I led a pursuing unit into a bamboo field, at which point I crept up and took them out one by one as they got separated.

For my next project I want to incorporate a jeep crushing people, preferably off a cliff, going to take some planning though. Also yet to do obligatory chicken/turtle as missile weapon.
    This is the way to best play Crysis. Folks who decry it as just another shooter likely didn't use all of the tools at their disposal.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    I personally loved that bit. That's how to do a boss fight. Best part of the whole game if you ask me.
    I like the game mechanics of Batman: AC and I specially like that Boss fight too. What I don't like is the reason of that fight, the dialogue after it and specially the ending of the game where Batman is more concern about Joker than his on/off girlfriend. Im not sure if that's what really happen or just my fuzzy memory.

Granted Im not very familiar with Batman's story as Im more a Marvel fan when I was in elementary and high school. But some part of the game's story looks like its written by a newbie fanfic author.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

I started playing a bit of Alan Wake and by god what is that god awful camera?
    There must be a way to position it better, right? RIGHT?!

Overshoulder view.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olero View Post

Payday the Heist - Only played this for a short bit, but we couldn't really figure out how to play this game. We treated it as a FPS with objectives, but I guess that's wrong? Because cops keep on showing up in an endless stream, and the objectives are sometimes quite vague. Though I heard that Payday 2 actually solves a lot of the issues??

Not played the second Payday but I found the first to be almost impossible until I had grinded for several levels. It's obscene to think there is a game which is Left 4 Dead, but where the Zombies are in about the same supply and also equipped with armour and guns, but there it is.

I found it hit a good sweet spot of challenge vs pay off in the mid 20's but after that I got bored of the idea of playing for a further 20 hours to get a single gun. I think the skill system as they have implemented it there is a rather cheap and lazy way of adding content to be honest.

Obscure Node
    At the moment I'm playing Dark Souls 2

Quote Originally Posted by Wenz View Post
    Overshoulder view.
    But the shoulder is on the far left of the screen. The camera certainly isn't over the shoulder. Mr. Wake is too far to the side to be comfortable. I keep moving in zigzag

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    I started playing a bit of Alan Wake and by god what is that god awful camera?
    There must be a way to position it better, right? RIGHT?!
    Were you playing it from the sofa as it was designed?
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    After reading Metro 2033 playing the game feels kinda more spooky,thats good thing i guess. Other thing,shooting enemies fill so spongy or how do you say,its like even basic bandits take 20 shots to drop down with fucking autorifle..Jeez. Also don't like how they tackled the story in game,they could do so much more with the story but yeah..

There's also movie in works for Metro,ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    After reading Metro 2033 playing the game feels kinda more spooky,thats good thing i guess. Other thing,shooting enemies fill so spongy or how do you say,its like even basic bandits take 20 shots to drop down with fucking autorifle..Jeez. Also don't like how they tackled the story in game,they could do so much more with the story but yeah..

There's also movie in works for Metro,ouch.
    Play in Ranger mode.

Damn thought hardcore is enough ..Well gonna go and try on Ranger,thanks.

Damn thought hardcore is enough ..Well gonna go and try on Ranger,thanks.
    Metro 2033 really does work better on Ranger mode. The only complaint I have is that it makes certain sections next to impossible. You have very little time left on your gas mask filters, which makes exploration or sightseeing outside not an option, and the sections with those green, round "amoebas" are almost unplayable.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Well its not big deal you can change midgame difficulty level :P

Fuck Dead Money. I always had my doubts when people start saying the DLC is a frustrating crucible of unending suffering but this is ridiculous. Limbs get blown off of sliced by knives, weapons are shit, ghost people just won't die or stay still and that fucking collar sets off almost everytime I felt like exploring the place. Locked doors are a pain in which I just wished I could just kick those brittle pieces of planks with my 10STR character instead of a lockpick skillcheck. Hate having to hoard food supplies to keep me alive, goddammit.

That DLC was a brilliant piece of writing, however. It's a long, bloated side-quest with barely any freedom to do anything to approach situations in almost anything there but the characters are better tha I expected. Yes, even Dean was brilliant despite being a total dick. Probably my favourite is Dog and quite so, he's got a lot of character in him. Easily up there with Graham and Ulysses, back in that prison where you talk to his mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Not her, the woman you meet way back at the start of the game. Letitia. People thought she was a racist stereotype because of the way she talked.
    I always thought her as just another informant/tip giver than anything else.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Well its not big deal you can change midgame difficulty level :P
    Oh. I wish I thought of that before abandoning the game, way back. Ranger is the way to play the game, but the gas mask segments really pissed me off.