Page 1045 of 1135 FirstFirst ... 4554594599510351043104410451046104710551095 ... LastLast
Results 20,881 to 20,900 of 22694
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Had another binge on XNOHYPHENCOM, ended up reaching the point where you complete multiple missions without actually taking any fire. It's still fun this way but it's hardly what it should be perhaps.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenz View Post
    Could you tell me what's different from system shock 2? I stopped at the first DS and Bioshock
    I couldn't. Not played SS2 and I didn't play that much of Bioshock because I gave up after I had gone somewhere only to have my route blocked forcing me to go around/back-track for the however many times it was.

I will charge on with DS3, but it sets the tone terribly.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenz View Post
    Could you tell me what's different from system shock 2? I stopped at the first DS and Bioshock
    SS2 lets you explore more and there are RPG stats. Dead Space is more like Resident Evil 4 then SS2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Broke my no play spell yesterday with Bardbarian. It's sort of an arena shooter without the shooting, because you have pods (ok fantasy units) that do it for you, and what you do instead is dodge bullets, manage units and buffs. There's a TD twist in that the arena has predefined entry points on one end and some thing on the other that has health points just like your ship (ok barbarian), and you die because either one or the other runs out of them.

There's a cutey-cute lick of paint on it, kind of a(?) homage to Brutal Legend, but the gameplay routine is a lot like 10,000,000 (and I suppose many other mobile games): have a run, see how far you can go, spend resources on upgrades, do it all over again - it has much of the same addictiveness - in fact I played over 90 minutes in a row.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

I want to restate that I'm playing Dead Space 3 on the hardest difficulty you can do off the cuff. It's really god damn easy. Then there's the crafting stuff that seems a little bit broken. Then there's the fact that I'm doing exactly the same thing against enemies that I've done in the past two games. Nothing is interesting. Oh, then plot happened. Of the two women you see, one has an unnecessarily low-cut top and the other one is leaning forward. Come on. Please try. Please try harder.

It then doesn't help that one of those women is Ellie. And then contrivance happens. Holy shit, this is so dumb. What am I even doing any more. This isn't a game, it's an exercise in Bullshit Tolerance.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eight Rooks View Post
    Quoting because this cannot be repeated enough. Resident Evil 6 is good. No, it is nothing like the first few games in the series: it's dumb, it's loud, it's kinda easy on normal difficulty, it's horribly over-stuffed with content and it's built around some of the most stupidly OTT action going (without going into complete and utter Loony-Tunes territory like Ninja Blade or Asura's Wrath). But it's good. Not so-bad-it's-good, it's actually really, really good. Fantastic combat model, terrific set-pieces, some surprisingly smart and emotional characterisation in places despite all the ridiculous storytelling, and just a hell of a wild ride overall. (EDIT: Oh, and a great PC port, too.) If you say "Capcom have lost the knack of making good Resident Evil games", you are wrong, simple as that. They just don't make the ones you like any more.
    Gonna look out for this one, cheers.

Crysis has started to fall apart after the bulletproof head of Korean Boss man followed swiftly by Zero G Jack Frost Alien Shit. If I recall the actual game after the Alien Palace of Cold is actually still pretty good, some good set pieces at least, but this fucking level...rgghh.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    This isn't a game, it's an exercise in Bullshit Tolerance.
    It is, and I think its biggest crime is that it made me play through the tutorial only to quit about 10 minutes into the actual game when I realised I was shooting mens and then I think I went into a tunnel. I remember thinking to myself that there are many other, better games and gave up, but maybe if I were to do the co-op bit I might change my mind, possibly. Co-op RE5 was quite good fun after all.

Possibly? I tried Gears of War (on 360) by myself and got around half-way through getting bored. My best friend came round one day and we played it co-op and after a few sessions, we finished it. I think it was mostly because we were actively making fun of it and its characters as we played. Then again, GoW does have one of the most generic Generic Black Dudes in a game I've played. I'm with your principle though of why bother playing one game when you know there are other, better ones out there? I'm not sure if I'll continue with DS3. I might just do another run-through of Mirror's Edge instead, seeing as I haven't done so yet on the PC and I wouldn't mind seeing that world alive in a higher resolution and image quality.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post

Crysis has started to fall apart after the bulletproof head of Korean Boss man followed swiftly by Zero G Jack Frost Alien Shit. If I recall the actual game after the Alien Palace of Cold is actually still pretty good, some good set pieces at least, but this fucking level...rgghh.
    Yeah... the zero-g level was just annoying as hell.

The parts after are weird. I HATED them when I first played it because the squids were overpowered as hell and the gatling gun was horrible. But I replayed the series last year to get ready for Crysis 3 and it wasn't bad at all. I think they may have patched it heavily?

As for me: Finally got around to the last third of the ArmA 3 campaign. Still fun and rapidly becoming my favorite ArmA campaign due to the lack of vehicles or spec ops crap. Stealth against ArmA AI is just hell, and I prefer a rifle to a tank (smaller target :p).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

you can get him with a few punches. The other guys will go istantly down with the paralising/sonnifero shot.

Tranquillizer is probably the word
    Last edited by Wenz; 13-04-2014 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    SS2 lets you explore more and there are RPG stats. Dead Space is more like Resident Evil 4 then SS2.
    Oh i did play both bs and ds, i heard infinite and ds3 were good but i just can't get myself to play them.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Gonna look out for [Resident Evil 6], cheers.
    If you do get it, be aware you may feel some of the campaigns are markedly more fun than others, and I have no idea whether you prefer to save the good stuff for last or not (you can start each campaign in whatever order you want). I liked them all to some extent but they clearly vary in quality and I can understand why Gundato, say, didn't care for Chris's or Ada's much (he's the only other poster I can remember cheerleading for the game here). I played them in the regular order, but I'd rank them Jake/Sherry > Leon/Helena > Chris/Piers > Ada, though I can point to moments from all three main campaigns I thought were absolutely awesome and I thought Ada's campaign was still a decent little bonus.
    I post photos here. I write stories here. I'm on Twitter here.

I need to write a stealth breakdown for XCOM and compare it to how other turn based games(including board games) handle it. It's really ambiguous about what breaks the mimetic body upgrade, essentially being flanked. But sometimes breaks for unclear reasons. Funnily, stealthy opponents you haven't seen can't break your stealth.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Playing latest versions of Splinter Cell,Thief and Hitman.. And comparing them to Thief 2,Chaos Theory and Blood Money,BIG OUCH!

Aww come on, Blacklist isn't as bad as the other two. Sure it's different to Chaos Theory but it's not a turd.

Was that the one with someguy going nightvision in sunny days?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Listening to what people have to say about new MGS,it feels me with hope that this is finally next good stealth games in a long longtime. Its very open and you can approach objectives in so many different ways. Just check it out on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I need to write a stealth breakdown for XCOM and compare it to how other turn based games(including board games) handle it. It's really ambiguous about what breaks the mimetic body upgrade, essentially being flanked. But sometimes breaks for unclear reasons. Funnily, stealthy opponents you haven't seen can't break your stealth.
    If a soldier with Mimetic Skin uncloaks or fails to cloak, it's because an enemy had a sightline to them when they started moving, or their destination wasn't a full cover tile, or they fired their weapon. Flanking's got nothing to do with it. You can have cover behind you and stay cloaked as long as it's full cover.

It's probably the sight lines catching me out, sometimes I've shot and taken fire through walls which were clearly cosmetic and not considered by AI.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Playing Crysis 3. Mechanically, it's basically Crysis 2, but a bit prettier. (Vegetation!) The story is utter vapour, but I already knew that. There's some new guns, like the bow and that typhoon rifle, but mostly it's the same bunch as in C2. The suit upgrade system is revamped a bit, in that you buy an upgrade, and can the enhance it by completing a sort of achievement thing. I think it works okay by basically improving your chosen playstyle.

Overall, it's fun but forgettable, just like the second game. I was prepared for the vapid story, and don't mind it, but I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of gameplay evolution since Crysis 2, what with the reuse of all the weapons and such.