Page 1047 of 1134 FirstFirst ... 4754794799710371045104610471048104910571097 ... LastLast
Results 20,921 to 20,940 of 22668
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrki View Post
    I've been playing Hotline: Miami a bit, and it's wierd and good. Except, I got to the first boss fight which is all kinds or crap. I just hope there aren't more of them.
    The first boss fight isn't that difficult to figure out. There's at least one more boss fight, but both of them are quick enough.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    XCOM:EU Impossible Ironman

I can't survive even for a month. Classic is so easy compared to this. Game starts with a huge difficulty spike, there is not much you can do before you level up a sniper with squadsight and can afford to play defensively. Even three sectoids are a huge threat. Small maps with twelve sectoids are almost impossible if you trigger even six of them at a time.

Things I learned through trial and error:

a) rolling four guys with 80 marksmanship is all but required
    b) losing even one squaddie before building Officer Training School is a bad idea
    c) council missions are just not worth it, unless you need thin men bodies
    d) with High Stakes option Asia may be a better starting choice then Europe
    e) it all depends on luck
    f) two heavies could carry me through the first month but I can't roll them
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If I could make one change to XCOM Impossible I'd make Sectoids die to a single grenade. I think that would make the start more playable.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    The first boss fight isn't that difficult to figure out. There's at least one more boss fight, but both of them are quick enough.
    It's more about the concept of the whole thing. During normal play you do not need to wait for the enemy to throw the knife, you can disable him by throwing things, and once he's down you can finish him, but not here. It's different than anything else in the game, just beacause.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Yeah but other guys are just generic mooks. This guy isn't. You'll see what I mean if you continue on with it.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    If I could make one change to XCOM Impossible I'd make Sectoids die to a single grenade. I think that would make the start more playable.
    Yeah but that would make the game too easy like on Classic where you can just breeze through the beginning without casualties. I think SHIVS should show up earlier and have the ability to ram through low cover. I mean machinegun on a tracked chasis is a reality, you don't have to "research" it

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It is a different kind of challenge but I liked the boss fights. Died so very many times on the finale, but then it is Hotline Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    d) with High Stakes option Asia may be a better starting choice then Europe
    I always though North America was the best starting choice thanks to the cheaper Satellites.
    Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    I always though North America was the best starting choice thanks to the cheaper Satellites.
    Did I miss something?
    Satellites are cheaper? I thought description said "reduced prices for interceptors". This is news to me.

Satellites are cheaper? I thought description said "reduced prices for interceptors". This is news to me.
    Maybe it was something that was patched out and never realized. I thought it was 50% for anything in the air tab. Let's go to the wiki.... which says nothing. I remember reading about it somewhere but it seems I was wrong.
    I'VE BEEN PLAYING WRONG ALL THIS TIME!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Continued playing Dragon Age 2. Finished Act 1 and enjoying it a lot more than I did the last time I played (launch)

The things it does right, it does very right. I for one very much like the simplified approach toward "tactics" as well as the approach taken toward companion armor (they wear whatever makes sense, but you can buy them upgrades and you can mod them with runes). And it is nice to have mages that aren't completely squishy. It IS a bit annoying that Rogues are better fighters than Fighters though (since Fighters are tanks). And I like how you can get the same overall effect from pissing off or being nice to your companions, which is also something I loved in Mass Effect 3 (the decoupling of morality and influence). Lets me be "me", rather than having to game every companion or face problems later.

That being said, it still has issues.
    Combat is still a slog, if only because EVERY FUCKING FIGHT has multiple waves of mooks spawn in. I am not opposed to the idea in theory, but when EVERY SINGLE FIGHT does it, it defeats the purpose of an ambush and just feels like there were memory limitations with the console versions.
    I like the Approval/Rivalry approach, but it is still problematic. Unless you are fully polarized against someone, odds are they will stay in the center for much of the game. I solved that by using the console though (I know which NPCs make sense to be friends or rivals and I just give them a nudge if they seem like they are going to oscillate).
    Similarly, having the approval/rivalry for every character makes me feel like I need to babysit them and swap out my party a lot. Which, remembering KOTOR 2, is probably a smart thing anyway (it is kind of annoying to fight high level mobs with the B-Team who do more damage with their bare hands than their weapons...), but it is still annoying. But, like I said, console to adjust influence.

And I hate the loot system for the PC and weapons. Just feels lazy with half the crap I find being a generic type with pseudo-random attributes. I would rather have N distinct items than 12N pseudo-random ones, unless it is a Borderlands style approach where I can SEE the difference (which was actually possible with NWN1).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

I don't know why i never heard about Minerva Metastasis. If only someone had told me it's so inspired from Looking Glass games.
    Last edited by Wenz; 14-04-2014 at 04:30 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Enjoying Blood Money,at the end to have fun you need to return to old games.

Yeah but that would make the game too easy like on Classic where you can just breeze through the beginning without casualties. I think SHIVS should show up earlier and have the ability to ram through low cover. I mean machinegun on a tracked chasis is a reality, you don't have to "research" it
    In a game where "clothes with pockets" is halfway up the tech tree (and only if you have the expansion), I'm surprised you don't have to research combat boots to stop soldiers from cutting themselves on gravel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Maybe it was something that was patched out and never realized. I thought it was 50% for anything in the air tab. Let's go to the wiki.... which says nothing. I remember reading about it somewhere but it seems I was wrong.
    I'm pretty sure it just halves maintenance on aircraft. I tend to start with it then rush to full satellite coverage over Africa. Double funding is almost pointless at the start, but spending less on interceptors that are just sitting in their bays is pretty great when you first expand.
    Last edited by GunnerMcCaffrey; 14-04-2014 at 04:52 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    I didn't play TLA, so I was utterly confused when that was just dropped on me in AC3. I really don't think they handled that well. I mean, it was a major story element that wasn't explained in the main games. I'm not saying that DLC can't develop the plot, but they could have at least mentioned it in some sort of recap before starting AC3. I never cared for the first person puzzling in AssRev, so I didn't feel like paying for more of it.
    I agree. The first person segments felt very out of place. I liked the general vibe of those "glitch-space" hacks that got started in AC2, but whoever thought it was a good idea to cram a completely different game in that no one was there to play? I watched an LP of TLA to get at the plot stuff. Pretty disappointing in all, though the end twist was a bit neat, at least.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I don't really rate North America's bonus, you're only saving $10 per Raven per month and $20 per Raven one-off. This doesn't seem like very much. Your Nigerian satellite alone is worth $30 per month if you start there, and even a crap country like India is worth more with Africa's bonus than a Raven's maintenance reduction. I can't imagine having loads more interceptors than satellites. The only reason to consider North America is for the huge income from USA.

Presumably nobody ever starts in South America.
    Last edited by NathanH; 14-04-2014 at 06:40 PM.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post

I didn't play TLA, so I was utterly confused when that was just dropped on me in AC3. I really don't think they handled that well. I mean, it was a major story element that wasn't explained in the main games. I'm not saying that DLC can't develop the plot, but they could have at least mentioned it in some sort of recap before starting AC3. I never cared for the first person puzzling in AssRev, so I didn't feel like paying for more of it.

Yeah they really should have put it in the main game, but I'm not sure where. You're right, at the very least a recap at the start of AC3. I only played TLA to get as much as I could about the story. It was not as good as I hoped.

Nope. Postinternetsyndrome is bang on for the Den Defence. Bombs are entirely superfluous IMO. They're mainly there for variation, but were never interesting or fun for me. I only used them for challenges.
    Good. I hate missing fun stuff. I used poison bombs when I couldnt be bothered being detected. Smoke was good, throw one near a Templar captain and they have no idea when the knife goes in.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Today I spent some time playing Games for Windows Live as it attempted to get in the way of GTA IV: EFLC; there was an update (there's always an update), but before I could install the update it wanted me to exit GTA IV: EFLC. I didn't know that, however, since the game never minimised and/or the warning never appeared in front of the game, so I sat there staring at a blank screen, too worried to kill the game in case I botched the update and was left with more problems. Ten minutes passed while I did other things, came back, killed the game, saw the warning and the update took a few seconds. Annoying.

Later on I attempted to launch Uplay which got stuck in an infinite update loop (which locked my PC for 30 seconds to a minute every time it looped), so I uninstalled it - both instances that found their way onto my PC - then went to get a new installer for it, but their site wasn't working. It took about five minutes to load the page and get the exact same installer as I already had, then I couldn't remember my password so I had to reset that, but fortunately that only took a few seconds.

Then I tried the absolute travesty that is Ghost Recon: Phantoms. After it also locked my PC a few times between hitting Play in Steam and then getting into the game itself, I sat in the matchmaking bit for three minutes. I got into a game, the round lasted 22 seconds, then I lost my connection to the host. I decided to call it a day, the game exited, locked my PC for another minute, then when I clicked the X to close the launcher... It minimised to my notifications area. I had to run the Task Manager to kill it properly.

Uninstalled.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    Then I tried the absolute travesty that is Ghost Recon: Phantoms. After it also locked my PC a few times between hitting Play in Steam and then getting into the game itself, I sat in the matchmaking bit for three minutes. I got into a game, the round lasted 22 seconds, then I lost my connection to the host. I decided to call it a day, the game exited, locked my PC for another minute, then when I clicked the X to close the launcher... It minimised to my notifications area. I had to run the Task Manager to kill it properly.

Uninstalled.
    That's a pity. The actual game is quite nice. The micros are pretty icky though.

Playing Crusader Kings 2.

Out of my 8 kids, only 2 of them were boys. One of them was a genius... he died of an ilness before he was 1 years old. Oh well, I'm only 30 years old, I'll make more kids. To this end, I had my aging wife murdered and got myself a attractive lustful princess from Georgia. Helping them out with a minor civil war was a small price, really. She is pregnant now, I'm hoping for a great heir.

There was some infighting between the muslims, Arabs and Persians were fighting, you see. The Arabs wanted to subjugate all of Persia.I was not going to allow it, of course. Over the last 40 years they did a lot to unify the muslim front against me and since I only control the coastline of the Holy Land, some of Anatolia and coast of Egypt, I border the Arab empire almost exclusively. I declared war on them and kept fighting even after they tried to surrender the eastern Syrian provinces to me.

The Persians managed to hold their own with me keeping the vast majority of Arab forces committed and after the Arabs surrendered to both of us some factions in the Caliphate took this chance to revolt. With most of the loyalist soldiers dead, I don't know what will happen. Maybe they'll break apart and become easy pickings.

I sure hope so.

edit: Oh and I captured the Caliph's 6 years old daughter.I am having one of my courtiers educate her as a proper christian. Heh, heh.
    Last edited by Caddybear; 15-04-2014 at 07:20 AM.