Page 1048 of 1134 FirstFirst ... 4854894899810381046104710481049105010581098 ... LastLast
Results 20,941 to 20,960 of 22676
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    I'm still on XCOM:EW Impossible Ironman

Had a breaktrough last night. Completed two council missions including the one with French military convoy. Unlocked full squad. I'm now on my first Impossible terror mission. Sadly, I have only five people and among them one is the rookie. Everyone else died. I have a Heavy( w/ Lightning Reflexes, Shredder Rocket), an Assault(w/ three medpaks, Doubleshot, Close and Personal), a Sniper( 110 aim, squadsight), squaddie Assault and a rookie. This is going to be a massacre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    On Classic I sometimes don't bother with the first terror mission if my squad health and equipment is dubious. That mission can be quite dangerous and set you back a long way, and the penalty for ignoring it isn't too deadly on Classic. It may be different on Impossible where your panic situation is usually quite serious even if you're playing well.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Majority of time i'm ninja ghost assasin shinobu motherfucker ,but sometimes this happens,and happens allot.

Never played blood money but i can see the point
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIxcvsxNs9s
    Last edited by Wenz; 15-04-2014 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    On Classic I sometimes don't bother with the first terror mission if my squad health and equipment is dubious. That mission can be quite dangerous and set you back a long way, and the penalty for ignoring it isn't too deadly on Classic. It may be different on Impossible where your panic situation is usually quite serious even if you're playing well.
    It's risky but reward is the best item in game - Chitin Plating. If all my guys die I can just restart the game. I think I'm playing it like it's rougelike.

Got back to and finished The Knife of Dunwall. Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! Also unskippable cutscenes before annoying boss fights.

It's funny how the three missions go from mostly new assets, to mostly old assets, and finally to completely reused assets. Honestly, it feels like a fanmade expansion, right down to the shitty (but mildly entertaining, at least, which is more than I could say for the base game) writing and extreme shortness. The small changes to gameplay were nice, but hopefully Arkane stepped up their game for The Brigmore Witches.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    It's risky but reward is the best item in game - Chitin Plating. If all my guys die I can just restart the game. I think I'm playing it like it's rougelike.
    First time I saw a chrysalid I had 4 men, 2 were rookies, it ate my ultra elite assault trooper and I declared 'Nope' and everyone else ran back to the Skyranger for a packet of jaffa cakes and a juice box. I came to the next terror with 4 squadsight snipers and a fast walker support guy.

Best ironman reaction I ever had even if it cost me Russia.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Since I had a good time with Saints Row 3, I've bought Saints Row 4 as it's on offer just now. I was going to finally play Dead Space but goofing around with Saints Row seems like a more appealing option.

Well, this sucks. I've reinstalled Fallout 3 TWICE and the game keeps crashing everytime I tried to play a new game. Tried fiddling around with the .ini file but no dice. Looked around all day for a fix too but it's too much time wasted on that so, off to SimCity 4 with NAM. Least the city's growing nicely despite the lack of hi-tech around
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

From what I've heard, A Tale of Two Wastelands is far more stable than Fallout 3 itself. That, and it comes with all the various gameplay improvements New Vegas introduced. Might be worth a shot.

heard of it but I thought it's more of a merge mod than anything. do I have to change the mods from NV to make it work or is it seperate from the game?
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quite enjoyed the opening to Saints Row 4 (it's as gloriously ridiculous as I'd have hoped), but I'm a tad disappointed that there seems to be no hispanic female voice over now, it's a little jarring having my slightly overweight mid 40s Latin player character exclaiming things in French all the time (but the American accents are boring!). Plus I genuinely liked the voice actor. Guess I'll get used to it in a bit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Pretty sure it's the same voice actor for SR3 hispanic lady and SR4 french dame. They definitely sound similar anyway, mon dieu!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Something possessed me to actually play Fez properly - I knew I'd probably like it but all the "noise" around Phil Fish meant I'd never really applied myself to it.

You have to admit it's a lovely bit of work - properly head-bending, very clever - super charming etc.

1 hour in tho and I look at the map and think "where the hell/what/who/how/ohhhhh.................." and erm...???

Network Hub
    EU4, Risk of Rain and Dota 2 have been my games for this week.

All belong to mother Russia and such, but while i feel like invincible power house i think i played the start bad so i will not be as ridiculously massive as i should be. So i started a new ironman game with a bit trickier nation, as in Timurids (not one of the hardest, still, i admit.). Formed Mughals pretty fast and am currently conquering india.

Risk of Rain and Dota2 have been my multiplayer relief.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I like Fez as a game, but some of the puzzles are just too masturbatory or don't make sense in the context of the game.
    Spoilers * The fox part in particular.*
    Also, the lack of quick travel gets grating.

Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    I like Fez as a game, but some of the puzzles are just too masturbatory or don't make sense in the context of the game.
    Spoilers * The fox part in particular.*
    Also, the lack of quick travel gets grating.
    I loved the game, but yes, the map is a mess, and travelling around it is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    First time I saw a chrysalid I had 4 men, 2 were rookies, it ate my ultra elite assault trooper and I declared 'Nope' and everyone else ran back to the Skyranger for a packet of jaffa cakes and a juice box. I came to the next terror with 4 squadsight snipers and a fast walker support guy.

Best ironman reaction I ever had even if it cost me Russia.
    You monster, how could you sacrifice us for the greater good.

And yes, my terror mission resulted in all my guys dying. Zombies killed everyone. Zombies! My people were repeatedly hitting for 1dmg. But I started another playthrough and had some great luck. I didn't lose a single country in first month and thus funding isn't a problem for now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Something odd happened to me in XCOM yesterday. Brazil and Argentina both went to full panic. I decided I didn't care too much about the South America bonus when I could instead satellite all of Africa and also USA for all the monies, so I let them both rot. Brazil left, but Argentina remains. Is this normal?
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I tried Kerbal Space Program yesterday after putting it off for a considerable amount of time, fearing it would take over my life. I was pretty much right, if I could work out how to make significant amounts of science right now I would be doing that as I type this, but as it is I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. Maybe I should be trying to land on the moon? I've got a guy in orbit (I think, the game crashed because I decided to explore some biomes on Kerbin so I don't know what saved and what didn't) but he only has enough fuel to deorbit, if that... Really, really good game, though, but I would've been completely stuck without the help of pretty much everyone in the RPS Steam chatroom.

Also tried Doom 3, not the BFG edition. Some things that made no sense to me:
    - Why does a Mars base have windows made from rolled glass (i.e. lumpy) and not float (flat, like we have now)? I'm guessing because they wanted to show off some sort of refraction tech, but it struck me as odd.

- Maybe they were aiming for a retro-future aesthetic but the PDAs being so big and chunky seemed like lazy forethought to me. 2001: A Space Odyssey practically had iPads but Doom 3, decades later, has pre-Palm Pilot type things.

- The most annoying thing about the pistol/flashlight issue is that the player character holds the pistol with one hand. So what's the other hand doing? Is his left arm just wildly flailing about? I know there are mods to fix this, I know it was a much-discussed issue back in the day, but it completely breaks my ability to suspend my disbelief. Seeing him hold the pistol in one hand and having to manually switch from pistol to flashlight constantly reminds me that this is a game, it was designed this way to make you shit yourself and no-one in the same situation in real life would ever just let their left hand do nothing.

- End of list.

I like how possessed humans' eyes glow in the dark, that makes them easier to shoot when you can't see anything, but... Shoot them in the face, their face gets covered in blood, their eyes no longer glow in the dark! I liked that.

That Lego Marvel or whatever game is good too. Colourful, cheerful and just fun, but it does get a bit samey - go here, use that character's ability to move/switch/destroy/throw that, assemble this pile of lego bits, fight that boss - and would definitely be better with two players, but I don't know anyone who would actually play it with me because they're all boring. I like the humour, though, it's not laugh-out-loud (might be to a child) but it is smirksome. Like most well-done 'this is for kids but adults won't palm-to-face throughout' media.