Page 105 of 1182 FirstFirst ... 555951031041051061071151552056051105 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 23629
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzog View Post
    The Binding of Isaac: Finished the game 10 times by now. Now trying to finish the game with ???, though I think it will take me a bit longer to complete it. I am not the guy for no-damage runs ;)
    Haha, nice simultaneous posting about this game.

Stick with it, you'll luck out! I happened to do so on my first playthrough and get lots of soul hearts (can't remember if it was the book of Revelations or just a lucky number of blue stones, think it was the latter). Plus the reward for completion with ??? is worth it.

As for Darwinia, definitely keep playing. One of its strengths is always throwing something new at each level, forcing you to rethink strategies (man, I hated the levels with ants!). It really comes into its own after the first couple of levels and in my opinion only keeps getting better as it goes on. Plus the Darwinians are so cute!

Orcs Must Die: The more I play this, the more I like it. When you get to the latter waves in a level and you've got all your traps set up and orcs are dying by the hundreds by being shot, impaled, set on fire, tenderized and the unlucky ones who make it through are thrown back into the same gauntlet of traps, the carnage is glorious.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Well, after grabbing the New Vegas DLCs during the sale I've gotten stuck into NV for the first time since selling it on Xbox and grabbing it on PC. Seems to be some stuttering issues, and that's after I've told it to use all 4gig of ram and have tweaked some other settings, added better textures, etc. So far though it's quite stable and the stuttering doesn't happen that often.

I started off trying to make a run from Goodsprings to the launch point for Dead Money... Yeah, didn't get too far before those huge wasp things took me out. Was hoping they would battle with the Radscorpions that were tailing me like ducklings, but I didn't survive long enough to see if that plan would pan out. Instead I've decided to hang around and do some odd-jobs until I can make the trek. I've already got some Leather Armour, now I just need a half-decent Energy Weapon and some ammo.
    Trying not to side with anyone in particular just yet, 'cause I'd like to be able to travel north without having to fight every single Powder Ganger/Legionnaire/NCR Ranger I cross paths with.
    Still not sure how likely it is that I'll survive the passage, but it'll be a fun adventure at the very least, and I'll be more inclined to tackle the base-game quests once I've done some DLC and forgotten what those quests are like (my playthrough on 360 was pretty thorough, so there's a few quests I'll simply skip this time around).

ETA: I grabbed Thief III during the Autumn sale because it's a game that I missed first time around and have always been interested in (well, the same is true of all the Thieves). Some technical issues getting it to work and work nicely (what's the deal with the screen constantly brightening and darkening on menus and whatnot?), but hopefully with some more tweaking I'll get it sorted out.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Just finished Arkham City, I enjoyed it, but the story and writing are nowhere near as good as the first. I won't post any spoilers, but the plot gets a bit tangled in the various machinations of the super-villains and it isn't very cohesive - it doesn't end up as more than the sum of its parts and some of the parts in and of themselves don't actually make sense.

Still, I enjoyed myself and wish I had the drive to complete all the Riddler stuff, but I really don't. I must have done a couple of hundred of them now and there's still about double that left. The long-term fun will come from the challenge maps and rocksteady have managed to make the combat even better this time around, with some awesome new combos, more varied enemies and the chance to switch between two distinct characters who are both fun in their own right. Shame Robin and Darkwing are overpriced dlc.

Grabbed Driver :SF and Dead Space 2 via the Steam sale, so they're my next two to play. Obviously Driver is Ubi, so boo. But they're also Ubi Reflections, which is based in Newcastle, so I can tell myself I'm supporting local business.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TailSwallower View Post
    I started off trying to make a run from Goodsprings to the launch point for Dead Money... Yeah, didn't get too far before those huge wasp things took me out. Was hoping they would battle with the Radscorpions that were tailing me like ducklings, but I didn't survive long enough to see if that plan would pan out. Instead I've decided to hang around and do some odd-jobs until I can make the trek. I've already got some Leather Armour, now I just need a half-decent Energy Weapon and some ammo.
    Just some advice, I would not rush into Dead Money. Out of all the DLC that is the one which truly requires you have a decent level, something around 20-25. The necessity goes beyond combat.
    Last edited by agentorange; 29-11-2011 at 03:54 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    My Playstation 3 came in the mail today. I was expecting it to be a nice little diversion from my regular PC play... It came bundled with LittleBigPlanet and Ratchet & Clank, neither of which really appeal to me, so I went ahead and bought Wipeout HD to pass the time until Demon's Souls and Heavy Rain arrive.

Shit. This game is amazing. I loved Pure back on my ol' PSP, but I had kind of forgotten about the Wipeout series in the intervening years. I'm not even a big racing game fan, but Studio Liverpool knows exactly how to sink their hooks in me. Fantastic visuals, rock-solid gameplay, a wealth of content, a deep photo mode, a kick-ass soundtrack... Not to mention that Zone is easily one of the best racing modes ever. If you have a PS3 and you haven't played this game, you are doing yourself a grave disservice. I can say without hesitation that this has already become my favorite racing game, and I wish that there was something like this on PC (I know about Nitronic Rush but it feels a little too arcade-y and shallow for my liking.)

On the PC side of things, I'm still playing Orcs Must Die. One of my Steam friends has been racking absolutely ludicrous scores in this game, leaving me to wonder what the hell I'm doing wrong. The later levels are getting ruthless, and I'm starting to feel like there's not enough strategic options to keep me playing. I hate that the game doesn't really allow you to focus entirely on traps the way it does for combat; I still feel the need to headshot every third orc until I really get my kill zone up and ready. Overall, it's still a fun game, but I think my years of Warcraft 3 have made me a bit too much of a tower defense purist to play the game to its full potential. I feel like there's an illusion of choice between action and strategy, but at the end of the day it's hard to have a fully autonomous trap layout.

I do hope that Robot comes back to PC after this iOS shit they're off on now, though. Orcs Must Die seems like the perfect game for a co-op mode, and I'd love to see what they could do with a full-fledged sequel. My post might've come off as negative, but it's still shaping up to me one of my favorite games of the year.
    Last edited by sabrage; 29-11-2011 at 11:11 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Still playing Chaos Theory,but i got strange urge to play Manhunt 1 as i recently watched one good slasher movie.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I might just accidentally have played Sonic Generations for over 80 minutes. It came in the post and obviously I had to install it...I mean, it only made sense to make sure it worked properly, right...right guys?

I told myself I wouldn't play it until after finishing Skyward Sword, which I'm going to aim to do tonight. But damn if Sonic Generations isn't just a simply fun game. Also, Metal Sonic hard mode to Sonic Boom? So good.