Page 1060 of 1239 FirstFirst ... 605609601010105010581059106010611062107011101160 ... LastLast
Results 21,181 to 21,200 of 24762
    Ranged is terrible. I found it useless until you get some late game weapons. Also melee (or brawl) is much more useful against vampires.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    IIRC ranged is good, but you have to be toreador with his slo-mo spell, otherwise it's way too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    melee is way more satisfactory than guns. slashing and dicing vampires and other monsters is so pleasant.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Personally I went Malkavian stealthed and essentially just drank every single vampire dry.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Personally I went Malkavian stealthed and essentially just drank every single vampire dry.
    ?
    you could do that? holy shit. i didn't know that. i never drank vampire's blood in bloodlines.

Yeah but it essentially makes you vampire Hitler. In the lore it's considered a vile and abominable act and it would probably cause many other vampires to attack you on sight.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Yeah but it essentially makes you vampire Hitler. In the lore it's considered a vile and abominable act and it would probably cause many other vampires to attack you on sight.
    that's what i thought. i had never feed on vampire's blood because they said that sabbath, those barbarians, do that and it is morally wrong.
    reason why i failed first time in vampire redemption. it expects you to feed on other vampires but i did not even try (played and beaten bloodlines first). so i struggled without feeding and was cursing this game for being so so hard. then gave up when i just could not continue.

You could only feed on stunned and unaware vamps and you needed high strength and unarmed skill to pull it off with 100% consistency.

Vampire Hitler,*tuts* they just jelly that I'm drinking all their juice.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    You could only feed on stunned and unaware vamps and you needed high strength and unarmed skill to pull it off with 100% consistency.
    Interesting, I didn't know that. Are conversations affected in anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Nope, just a full belly and healed wounds.

FYI I'd generally 80% drain any mortal opponents before punching them to sleepyland.

Hungry hungry Heliophagus.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 30-04-2014 at 02:18 PM.

Are you saying you can knock people unconscious? I didn't notice any difference between sucking someone dry and punching them until they stopped getting up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    melee is way more satisfactory than guns. slashing and dicing vampires and other monsters is so pleasant.
    I've found it impossible to replay Bloodlines after my original playthrough, because I've never found any way to play that's more fun than "invisible Nosferatu with a fireaxe."

It was really quite the power trip. I recall thinking more than once in Oceanside "cram it ghost, I'm what goes bump in the night."
    Last edited by vinraith; 30-04-2014 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I've found it impossible to replay Bloodlines after my original playthrough, because I've never found any way to play that's more fun than "invisible Nosferatu with a fireaxe."

It was really quite the power trip. I recall thinking more than once in Oceanside "cram it ghost, I'm what goes bump in the night."
    my first playthrough was gangrel. something about being monster and slashing your opponents with your claws. it is different feeling than axes and hammers or katanas but still the same gameplay. just even more personal.

its a good thing my cds of the game are on other continent and i don't feel like rebuying the game otherwise i would definitely play it again for the nth time instead of going through my backlog.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post

Tremere was my power trip. "Oh, you want to kill me? YOU'RE GOING TO PUKE YOUR F***ING INNARDS, ASSHOLES!!"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Tremere was my power trip. "Oh, you want to kill me? YOU'RE GOING TO PUKE YOUR F***ING INNARDS, ASSHOLES!!"
    I always said if I did play it again, Tremere would be my clan. I was always more partial to Mage than VtM anyway.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I always enjoyed Malkavian with a gun. Guns can actually hold their own later in the game (though they suck in the first city), and it requires a bit more player skill. Guns also make bossfights much​ easier. I've played on Tremere, Malkavian, Brujah, and Ventrue. I prefer the children of Malkav. They have a nasty set of powers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Obfuscation (or whatever the stealth power is) plus melee is pretty much death to all mooks.

Ranged weapons are basically only good for bosses and the occasional fight where you don't feel like stealth-sucking or backstabbing.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    It made kicking the Mandarin's ass more fun. He makes that comment about how his employer's punishment for his failure would be far worse than anything the PC could do to him.

Yeah, well, that may be. This is still going to be very unpleasant for you.
    *blood purge*
    *blood purge*
    *blood purge*
    *blood boil*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Malkavian FTW. Plus 'Boomsticks'

Playing Child of Light at present. Only about an hour or so in but it's suitably charming and visually delightful. So far not particularly onerous, but enjoyable enough.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Killed whole race in ME,another one bites the dust (extinct).