Page 1074 of 1138 FirstFirst ... 74574974102410641072107310741075107610841124 ... LastLast
Results 21,461 to 21,480 of 22758
    Obscure Node
    Currently I am playing Smite, Age of Empires II & III, Stronghold 2 and Rise of Nations. I am waiting for some other games to come out soon. Looking forward to Heroes of the Storm, Kingdom Under Fire 2 and Dragon Age Inquisition as of current.

Still lost in the lands of Amalur. I am around level 23, arrived in Rathir and completed one of the two DLC (Teeth of Naros).
    I am nowhere near the end of the game and I have skipped tons of quests along the way. I've already unlocked every skills in the Mage tree and thus combat starts to feel a bit repetitive. Only 4 abilities is too limited. am not

The DLC boss was a bit harder than the rest and I had to reload 3-4 times before beating it. He punched hard and some attacks could One shot me. That was a good change.

I am not sure if the game really interests me or if I play it so that I can scrap it off my list...

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Obscure Node
    Mostly nothing, the overboarding backlog, the abundance of splendid games in my digital repository, their awesomeness and the prospect of being touched by their bliss turn me into a gaming stupor.

Occasionally, though, Battlefield 4 because it's so casual.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I've mostly been playing Steam, trying to work out what to play, but when that gets boring I alternate between chipping away slowly at Max Payne 2 and FEAR (which is much, much better than I'd been expecting - it's actually A Fun Time), Payday 2 and Race 07 with racing chums Mango and Snark (Pepper), who I might've annoyed yesterday by getting in front and then driving really, really badly.

The only reason I led the race for as long as I did was because they were both too worried to actually make a move to pass me because I was significantly slower than them at times and not so slow at others, but I made a concerted effort to protect my lines when I probably should've yielded, but whenever I race these two I end up at the back for one reason or another and it's all friendly anyway (I think). I led from turn one all the way up to the penultimate turn on the last lap, then I was given what I deserved when Mango made a move, got ahead slightly and tapped me when I was already on the most fragile trajectory through a turn, I ended up spinning. As an indication of how slow I was, on the last lap I went from being almost a full second up on Mango (Snark had crashed out earlier on) to being caught on that penultimate corner. The track was Osterrichring 1970, we driving the Retro Pack's BMW 3.0 CSL.

Activated Node
    I can't stop playing FTL. Steam says 89 hours... Game states I have made 119 runs of which 39 were succesfull (mostly on easy, I only finished 4 times on normal.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Dark Souls II.

@neema: I'd like to race with you guys some time, when do you usually play? Also, why is Jackie Chan staring into my soul

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prolar Bear View Post
    Dark Souls II.

@neema: I'd like to race with you guys some time, when do you usually play? Also, why is Jackie Chan staring into my soul
    We don't have a set time, it's a casual ad-hoc thing depending on how many of us are present and willing, but it seems like it happens quite often on weekends (I'm almost never available on weekends so I wouldn't know). If you were to pop in to the RPS Steam chat over the weekend and look for Capt. Eduardo del Mango, he'll likely be happy to fill you in on any details since he's our designated host. You could also try joining http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPSimbin as he sometimes posts announcements when we're racing.

Alternatively you could add me on Steam so I could get in touch when we're doing a quick race, but as I said, that does mean you'd miss out on any weekend meet-ups.

Also we've been using these mods lately: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPS...5529851418247/ so it would give us more options if you wouldn't mind downloading some. Since nogrip has a daily 100MB download limit, just start with what you like - though I think Montjuich was mentioned as something we want to try again soon - and I'm sure Mango would be happy to work around what you've got.

As for JC... He knows what you did. Be careful.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Played Euro Truck Simulator 2. It's quite relaxing, which is just what I needed.

Also tried some Cities in Motion 2, and it fell foul of my #1 Pet Peeve in games like these: no Windowed mode that allows you to maximize the screen. How hard can this be? World of Warcraft is one of the few games I know that does this without any difficulties, and that's almost ten years old.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Nah not much else, only deathmatch and team deathmatch at this time. Its fast-paced arena-based twitch-reflex drop-in and play for a few rounds. Most of the appeal is in the western setting and the guns. Duel-wield, fanning, hats, it’s all here. I usually get to the top of the leaderboard, where as something like Chivalry which requires way more effort and coordination, just brutalizes me.
    I'm also playing this at the moment, and I'm with you on the appeal of the Western setting. The first thing I thought of when I fired it up was Outlaws from the now defunct LucasArts (development team). The next thing I thought was, "Man I suck at twitch shooters". I'm getting there however, although - is it just me or can the hit detection sometimes be a little iffy? I'm convinced it is over and above my attempts to shelter my manshooting ego.

Also, if there are enough revolver-wielding RPSers out there, perhaps we might see an official server cropping up? (I can always hope!)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Thanks neema, I joined the group. I should also be up to speed with the tracks, as I had some of them already. Looking forward to wreck you guys at the first corner. (which might be why Mr.Chan is staring)

I joined too and the best part is I don't even have anything with the SimBin logo on it.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    I'm revisiting mirror's edge. I had fooled myself into thinking the combat parts were not that bad, but by golly do they suck. The combat system itself is not completely awful, but what really lights my fuse is when the game forces me into an arena fight with a bunch of goons, and soft-gates it by having the only exit be a door that's slow to open, a pipe that's slow to climb, or similar, making a pacifistic escape theoretically possible, but not really.

I'm playing on easy, but the disarm window is miniscule, even with slo mo. I've ragequit several times the last hour, but keep returning since the actual parkour stuff is great. I. Don't. Understand. Why. They. Did. This.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    making a pacifistic escape theoretically possible, but not really.
    Did it, but beating up the runner police was more cathartic so I murdered them by kicking them off buildings.
    I'm playing on easy
    JUMPKICK, JUMPKICK until you are good enough to wall flip kick.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm revisiting mirror's edge. I had fooled myself into thinking the combat parts were not that bad, but by golly do they suck. The combat system itself is not completely awful, but what really lights my fuse is when the game forces me into an arena fight with a bunch of goons, and soft-gates it by having the only exit be a door that's slow to open, a pipe that's slow to climb, or similar, making a pacifistic escape theoretically possible, but not really.

I'm playing on easy, but the disarm window is miniscule, even with slo mo. I've ragequit several times the last hour, but keep returning since the actual parkour stuff is great. I. Don't. Understand. Why. They. Did. This.
    Mirror's Edge is one of those games I remember whenever anyone tells me to stop drinking the hatorade. It's just so vastly, staggeringly different from the game it could have been, should have been in my head, and the game all its fans think they're playing is just so vastly, staggeringly different from the game I know I was playing that I simply can't do anything but rage. The game does, does, does do its level best to force you into combat. The game spends a huge amount of time inside buildings. The game makes it incredibly easy to get lost. There is a boss who has to be defeated with a split-second QTE. These things, to me, are indefensible. Completely. I wanted glorious open-air rooftop obstacle courses in a believable setting with the freedom to do whatever the fuck I wanted and instead I got this crippled, broken thing in some half-assed My First Dystopia that looks like the Stanley Parable when you find your way behind the scenes, only worse, and plays like a Z-list FPS where they've taken your guns away.

Edge's review was the only honest appraisal of the damn game I ever saw, and that's coming from someone who beat the game, tried for some of the achievements, and bought the DLC as well. The franchise, such as it is, deserves to stay dead. I got far more joy, far more pure, uncomplicated parkour thrills, out of bloody Crackdown, which Mirror's Edge doesn't hold a candle to in any respects.
    I post photos here. I write stories here. I'm on Twitter here.

An easy game, huh? That's not a very common request, but if that's really what you mean: Why not Botanicula?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Repeated recommendations by people whose opinion on racing games I value quite highly made me break my 'No Early Access'-guideline to buy Assetto Corsa. Having just driven around Imola and Silverstone for the better part of two hours, I have to say I haven't been this excited about racing games in quite a while. No canned effects, no nonsensical driving on ice; in Assetto Corsa the cars can be pushed, they dance on the kerbs and swing in their suspensions. It's very nice indeed! I'm definitely looking forward to trying some more cars and tracks soon. Some screenshots here.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Obscure Node
    Enjoying the multi player on Age of Mythology Extended, brings me back to the old days.. I still suck.

I'm pretty sure you can find 8 year old slo-mo videos of netKar Pro's single seaters set with overly soft shocks and springs dancing on curbs. And that's not meant to imply netKar Pro was the first sim to dump canned effects in favor of something more realistic.

But since Kunos and his henchman have both been enough of a dick to not qualify for any promotion, not even old nKp videos, and I already posted a video of him making a fool of himself not long ago, I'll link instead one of my favorite LfS videos from back in the day, which shows off some nice tire deformation and suspension movement from real online races:

(Germans allergic to Tocotronic are politely asked to avoid watching)

Last edited by alms; 17-05-2014 at 10:07 PM.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

I just bought The Bridge and The Stanley Parable.

The Bridge is challenging but also a bit fiddly and I'm not really enjoying myself.

The Stanley Parable is, as you know, utterly incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    An easy game, huh? That's not a very common request, but if that's really what you mean: Why not Botanicula?
    Dear Esther? Hard to fail that one. Please don't start debating whether or not it's a game.