Page 109 of 1155 FirstFirst ... 959991071081091101111191592096091109 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 23082
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I just finished Ico. Been a few years since the first time, I'm surprised how much of this game I forgot. Pretty much a perfect example of a game that I can overlook every flaw in favor of its devastating beauty and superb storytelling. If you haven't played it, you really ought to. Emulate it if you have to.

I'm gonna hold off on Shadow of the Colossus just because I plan to pore over every inch of it (before I just beat the game, I'm talking every inch) and I'm in the middle of a couple games that I'll completely forget about if I start that now. Back to God of War, which hasn't aged nearly as well as I would've expected.

I'd also like to thank Sony for righting the sins of the past.
    Last edited by sabrage; 06-12-2011 at 06:17 AM.

Been playing a bit of The Wager, and am a bit disappointed that it seems there's not a great deal of replay value in it after a couple of games. :(
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

I'm still on my first game of Distant Worlds: Legends and having a blast. It's everything I've wanted in a 4x space game. Basically GalCiv2 with realtime battles. The only part I don't like about it is the ship customization and the fleet behaviors but those are easily remedied with my own controls. Thanks for recommending the game to everyone RPS!

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Goddamn Terraria! Stop stealing my life!

Played some co-op with a friend tonight. Apparently he tried co-op a while back and it was a bit too laggy/broken, but it was practically perfect for us. But Mediumcore became too much of a pain in the arse by the time we hit the Underworld Jungles, so I put all my gear in a chest, started a Softcore character and looted the chest, then deleted the Mediumcore character. Goodbye Steve, you were too good for this procedurally-generated world.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TailSwallower View Post
    Goddamn Terraria! Stop stealing my life!

Played some co-op with a friend tonight. Apparently he tried co-op a while back and it was a bit too laggy/broken, but it was practically perfect for us. But Mediumcore became too much of a pain in the arse by the time we hit the Underworld Jungles, so I put all my gear in a chest, started a Softcore character and looted the chest, then deleted the Mediumcore character. Goodbye Steve, you were too good for this procedurally-generated world.
    Started it this week, after playing Minecraft a lot it takes time to get used to the way you craft and build things, especially placing things, coudn't figure out how to place torches, kept using the action button until it stuck somewhere.

Splitting my time between Skyrim and Battlefield 3 right now. There are so many other games I also want to be playing (like Total War Shogun 2), but I don't have the time!

I just spent about an hour with Zombie Shooter, from that new Indie Gala bundle. It's gleefully, ridiculously violent, it has a decent upgrade system, and it throws a fucking ludicrous amount of zombies at you. Seems a little glitchy, but other than that it's everything I could ask for in a game like this. I just threw on some Botch and went to town. I ended up dying right after I got the Magma Minigun, which is about as awesome as you would expect it to be.

The violence though... It's like Braindead: The Game.
    Last edited by sabrage; 07-12-2011 at 11:08 AM.

Finished off Eye of the Beholder last night. That game has been on my todo list to complete for a VERY long time. Very happy to FINALLY have that game beaten.

With that done I've transferred my best 4 characters over to EOB2 and so its now onto that one. Good gaming :). EOB2 seems like a worthy sequel so far (I'm a few hours into it).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Finished off Eye of the Beholder last night. That game has been on my todo list to complete for a VERY long time. Very happy to FINALLY have that game beaten.

With that done I've transferred my best 4 characters over to EOB2 and so its now onto that one. Good gaming :). EOB2 seems like a worthy sequel so far (I'm a few hours into it).
    Just don't play the third. Or play it with caution and low expectations.

I started Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
    I wanted to go all stealthy but it's almost impossible to not get spotted in the big rooms in the first mission. (I'm sure some people could do it but I really couldn't see how) After dying <too many> times, always after minutes of trying to find a way in, I gave up and used the gun and it was over in a few seconds. Disappointing.

Also, stuttering in all the pre-rendered movies is very annoying.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    You've got me playing again now.

Quote Originally Posted by Edawan View Post
    I started Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
    I wanted to go all stealthy but it's almost impossible to not get spotted in the big rooms in the first mission. (I'm sure some people could do it but I really couldn't see how) After dying <too many> times, always after minutes of trying to find a way in, I gave up and used the gun and it was over in a few seconds. Disappointing.
    Are you talking about the one at the Main Sarif plant where you get shot up, thrown through glass and the science team gets killed, or the part where you are augmented and taking on the purity first guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Are you talking about the one at the Main Sarif plant where you get shot up, thrown through glass and the science team gets killed, or the part where you are augmented and taking on the purity first guys?
    The one with the Purity First guys.
    In the prologue I was trying to protect people so I didn't have any problem shooting the bad guys, but in the first real mission I'm trying to infiltrate the place, not make a blood bath. ;)

Just finished Zombie Shooter. Five word game review: I killed so many zombies.

Back to God of War

Quote Originally Posted by Edawan View Post
    The one with the Purity First guys.
    In the prologue I was trying to protect people so I didn't have any problem shooting the bad guys, but in the first real mission I'm trying to infiltrate the place, not make a blood bath. ;)
    Ah ok. I know a couple of people who tried to stealth through the first bit and got very frustrated.
    I found the stealth to be very good. The rewards you get in XP through not being seen, being non-leathal and stealthy were usually far better then that of just running about shooting people. Then again the way the game has heavy power-level bias options which kinda sucks considering its supposed to be about playing how you wish.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Terraria again, this time 3 player co-op.

2 of us were on voice chat and the third guy was just typing at us in game. We told him to go west (as in, left) and then watched as he got increasingly lost, stumbling into the corruption... Eventually we figured out he'd gone right, but we caught up to him.

Biggest problem has been the fact that these guys played a lot back at launch and have some really great gear, whereas I'm still scrounging stuff. Hence I die. A lot. And Darkwingstalker (hey, I just remembered he posts here too) writes shit on every single one of my tombstones. The bastard.
    But yeah, fantastic game. If I was playing it solo I'd be going slower and being more cautious with my paths into the underworld, but with three people the tendency is just to dump explosives, flood caverns and generally fuck about. I love it.

And yeah, flooding caverns? So much fun! I managed to flood the underground Jungle much by accident. Well, unleashing a massive underground reservoir was totally intentional, but I didn't realise how far it would flow before it settled. Now, if only the bastard monsters would drown.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    In Terraria the sun rises in the left, so does this make it the east? A question for the ages.

After defeating Sarevok with much difficulty, Irenicus with much fervor and Amelyssan with much righteousness - along a whole bunch of other poor fuckers for XP and loot - I have completed the (modded) Baldurs Gate Trilogy. Had such a great time with it, although BG1 definitely starts to outstay its welcome by Chapter 5 or so. BG2 more than makes up for it though, being as great now as it was then, and ToB is a fun romp where your character becomes godly in power and possibly in name too.

So I've now started on my second run of The Witcher 2 with a Geralt who (I think) sided with the humans in the first game and saved Adda. Looking forward to going Roche's path in Act 2 and already having a great time with it again, noticing a few little bugfixes along the way.
    Also been playing Medal of Hono(u)r on the side, the 2010 one that flopped. Actually having a fun time with it, as I do like a scripted manshoot occasionally. Probably not as good as BF:BC2 although the setting makes for some interesting times (while also unfortunately highlighting a pathetic waste of a chance to tell a good story grounded in current events) but I'm enjoying it more than I did CoD4 and than I expected too. Well worth the <ú4 from D2D.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizardry View Post
    Just don't play the third. Or play it with caution and low expectations.
    I've heard that alot over the years. I do plan on playing it, but just with lowered expectations. That's if it works fine in dosbox ofcourse.

And as I'm roughly about half way through the 2nd game it's not far away. Man the 2nd games good. Better than the first in my opinion as they fixed alot of what was bad in the first one (not enough keys around occasionally, much harder battles, bigger enemy variety, larger amount of levels etc).
    Last edited by icemann; 08-12-2011 at 05:29 AM.

Aaand scratch Max Payne off the list. That's three games beaten in as many days, something I never do. Echoing previous sentiment about the game, (including my own) it holds up remarkably well considering its genre and age.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus thegooseking's Avatar
    Well, Bastion's on sale, so I bought it even though I already have it on XBLA and got bored of it quite quickly. I was gambling on the chance that I would enjoy it more on the PC, and you know what? I do. Just goes to show.

Though honestly I think it has more to do with the TV my Xbox is connected to than the Xbox itself, given that I've been playing it on PC with an Xbox 360 controller.
    "Moronic cynicism is a kind of na´vetÚ. It's na´vetÚ turned inside-out. Na´vetÚ wearing a sneer." -Momus