Page 110 of 1137 FirstFirst ... 10601001081091101111121201602106101110 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 22723
    Battlefield 3, Minecraft and Neverwinter Nights 1.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfly2000 View Post
    Neverwinter Nights 1.
    Don't be afraid to skip the original campaign. If you insist on playing it its actually great for multiple player.

You could get some real milage out of playing it in coop. You could use the legendary "3 badgers" building and make it like 15 badgers.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Dude....I've been playing NWN1 multiplayer on online persistent worlds for like the last 8 years or so and even been building and hosting a couple of servers myself ;-)

So yeah...I would say it is the best game ever and I virtually never touched the original campaign as I don't like to play single player...

After polishing off Saints Row 3 I've moved onto Dungeon Defenders (one of the many titles I nabbed in the steam autumn sale). Damn it's some addicting stuff though. Every time I think I'm done with the tower defence genre someone comes out with a new one with just enough of a twist to make it seem fresh again.

This is definately one of the finer examples though, the multiplayer aspect is excellent as well. Just a shame it seems to be quite volatile when transitioning between areas (specifically to the tavern).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfly2000 View Post
    Dude....I've been playing NWN1 multiplayer on online persistent worlds for like the last 8 years or so and even been building and hosting a couple of servers myself ;-)
    My bad, you never know if someone is about to grab it off gog and dismiss the rather exciting expansion content because of the terrible original campaign.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    My bad, you never know if someone is about to grab it off gog and dismiss the rather exciting expansion content because of the terrible original campaign.
    Hordes of the Underdark is one of the best standalone expansions I have ever played in any video-game. I'm actually about to reinstall NWN 1 for Hordes, plus the exceptional fan-made Dance with Rogues 1 and 2.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Killing Floor chrimbo do-dad stuff. The new weapons go from a bit pointless (Claymore), the rather overpowered (Combat shotgun) to the much needed (Husk gun) imo. Good old Santa zombies are good fun too, but not patch on the Summer ones.

Aside from that me and another out-of-work friend ploughing through our Steam backlog in multiplayer stuff.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Just finished the main line for Fable 3, which means I've got some side quests, a couple of keys/chests/golden doors and a DLC pack left. Eh, if I'm honest I really, really just don't care. According to the in-game stats I've racked up about 44 hours, and I just don't know if I can stomach more.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    Just finished the main line for Fable 3, which means I've got some side quests, a couple of keys/chests/golden doors and a DLC pack left. Eh, if I'm honest I really, really just don't care. According to the in-game stats I've racked up about 44 hours, and I just don't know if I can stomach more.
    Was it actually fun for much of that 44 hours? I ask as someone who enjoyed Fable: TLC o nthe PC a lot, has a nearly unplaeyd copy of Fable 2 on the 360 (no idea why I haven't played it, no time I guess) and heard things about Fable 3 that just sounded like they'd bug me. Such as a silly, convoluted way of getting to any menus/interfaces and loads of annoying mini-games that are pretty much forced on you (music playing, building managing).

I've played two hours of Fable 2. My honest opinion is for you to just forget Fable 3 and play 2. I've compared the number of items/customisations, and Fable 2 wins hands down.

The mini-games aren't exactly forced, I went through the whole game without even touching Blacksmithing, but you can do them for a little bit of extra coinage, which becomes important later on. If you want to get the best ending, you need to earn - I shit you not - 8.5M gold. A lot of the quests/collecting missions feel repetitive, too, and you can't get all the demon doors (of which there aren't many) or weapons without playing with someone else, which is a real dick move by Lionhead.

Really, it's Fable 2 that's been stripped down somewhat. PC players might find something of worth there - it is there, buried somewhere - but if you have Fable 2 then likely you're not going to find anything much in 3.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Nightsky is rather good. Very relaxing atmosphere and some great physics-based puzzles. I like it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I started Bully, played for like 40 minutes. I didn't have any expectations, but so far I'm very impressed by the music and overall atmosphere, bewildered by the writing (Dan Houser is a hack) and I'm very annoyed by the English class. The controls kill it - and I'm playing with a controller.

Arkham City finally arrived today...

After finishing Fable 3 and Just Cause 2 in the past week, I turned my attention to The Witcher tonight on a whim. I was in Act 3, and now I've gotten to the start of Act 4.

I've got to say I'm quite enjoying it, but sometimes I feel like I'm a little lost or that I've screwed up in places, but this evening I have enjoyed what I've played. I'm looking forward to finishing it, and I may continue playing it until I get Skyrim and/or Anno 2070.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Cheers, maybe I'll finally get on Fable 2 over xmas, I have a feeling I got it as a present last year. I guess the problem is my couches are kind of crap so playing 360 games aren't that appealing. Plus having a flatmate who almost lives in the lounge means everything would become a group activity.

With The Witcher 1 you probably will fuck up side quest after side quest and certain parts of the main quest too. It's a consequence of so many being tied together or the game not really telling you what to do next in some cases (& don't get me started on the damn quests where Mr Such-A-Dick will only see you between 11pm and midnight). But you're in the fun part of the game. I always find Act 2 the worst with that damn swamp. If I had my way all swamps would be banned.

At this moment in time i've been playing Orcs Must Die, Bastion and like almost everyone else on Steam, Skyrim, and they are all great games. I also appear to have some sort of multitasking superpower which allows me to play 3 games at one time with full concentration....

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    With The Witcher 1 you probably will fuck up side quest after side quest and certain parts of the main quest too. It's a consequence of so many being tied together or the game not really telling you what to do next in some cases (& don't get me started on the damn quests where Mr Such-A-Dick will only see you between 11pm and midnight). But you're in the fun part of the game. I always find Act 2 the worst with that damn swamp. If I had my way all swamps would be banned.
    The swamp is what drove me nuts a bit. Yaren Bolt was someone I had to finish a quest with, but he buggered off somewhere so I couldn't. I agree about the quests, though. I wasn't sure what to do in order to trigger the end of Act 3, but as luck would have it Siegfried came to my rescue for two quests in one go. Yay!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    BF3. Now, when everyone is lvl50+ game actually turned to be interesting, just running around with your best gun doesn't work, teamwork is more important than ever and planes do usefull stuff when competent player flys them( remember how people used to complain that planess are like snipers in TF2?). I even returned to normal servers because Hardcore stopped being entertaining.

Network Hub
    Skyrim, for quite some time now. And as I was really entertained by the Dark Brotherhood quest line I wonder if you'd reccomend me some other game like this but maybe little bit more complex? Something that really needs planning of the operation and not just: you wait till' she/he/it goes to bed, lock one pick and kill her/him/whatever.. Maybe Assasins Creed? What can I say - I enjoy stalking people but one day I took an arrow in the knee so my DB carrer was over..

Quote Originally Posted by Doodier View Post
    Skyrim, for quite some time now. And as I was really entertained by the Dark Brotherhood quest line I wonder if you'd reccomend me some other game like this but maybe little bit more complex? Something that really needs planning of the operation and not just: you wait till' she/he/it goes to bed, lock one pick and kill her/him/whatever.. Maybe Assasins Creed? What can I say - I enjoy stalking people but one day I took an arrow in the knee so my DB carrer was over..
    Try the Hitman games or for some more stalking instead of killing, the Thief games.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Network Hub
    Anthile: Should I start by the first one to catch the story or is there one that stands higher in gameplay than the others?