Page 1100 of 1155 FirstFirst ... 1006001000105010901098109911001101110211101150 ... LastLast
Results 21,981 to 22,000 of 23089
    Network Hub
    The newly released OpenXcom - it is both big and clever. The 80 item limit for the battlefield is gone. Gone I tell you! Can finally defend bases with rookie hordes without them having only cattle prods and a single rocket launcher between them.

Looking forward to them doing TFTD.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Sims 3

oh. man. this game is hard :) my John Shepard missed two days at work already because he was late. and rodney has no time to study anything but cooking.
    not a very good start
    (first time playing sims 3)

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by gwathdring View Post
    Speaking of soccer, what's the best bang-for-buck way to get in on digital foot-to-ball action on the PC?
    There is really just Fifa (crooked scum) and Pro Evolution Soccer. The older the version, the cheaper.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gwathdring View Post
    Speaking of soccer, what's the best bang-for-buck way to get in on digital foot-to-ball action on the PC?
    This bundle is a shitload of foot-to-ball for little monies.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I'm giving up on Lone Survivor. It's just not for me. It looks nice, it's interesting, but my god does the combat suck. I get the feeling the combat is meant to suck, but it really sucks the fun right out of the game when I keep seeing the game over screen over and over again because I've to get by 3 of those walkers and all I have is a pistol and the worlds worst aiming system.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    This bundle is a shitload of foot-to-ball for little monies.

Please no ?

If you want best simulation for football on pc,get Pro Evolution Soccer,either 2013 or 2014 versions.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think I finally ran into Rocksmiths noted 'lag' - but I fiddled around for a while and noticed some stuff.

I was trying the 'Power Chord Technique Challenge' when I realised something was wrong, despite it being reasonably simple on it was proving remarkably obtuse and - frankly - way fucking hard for reasons which weren't obvious.

It seemed to think I was playing the wrong chords or at least playing them at the wrong time - and no matter how carefully I hit them, it wouldn't play ball. The best score I managed was around 13K (Bronze is 15K I think - Gold is 40-odd)

Then I had a thought - "I wonder what affect the pickup and tone settings have on the game" - to which the answer appears to be "more than you might imagine".

Experimentation suggests that for the most part, you're better-off with tone at it's highest/brightest and only the neck pickup selected. That's probably unique to my guitar but certainly the brighter/sharper tone that products is REALLY noticeable in-game and it seems to increase how well it detects stuff enormously.

There's one exception tho - for stuff which is 'heavy on chords' I found that detection was better with ALL pickups selected. I've no idea why that might be, but when I threw the tone high and selected both pickups I walloped that challenge with a score around 70k - 5 times my previous best!!

I'd also recommend, when it comes to chords, that you play slightly early AND harder than you might expect to have to - maybe the game could use a LITTLE more volume from my guitar tho (it's maxed-out - I think I'll try recalibrating with the guitar on 70% which gives me the option of turning-it-up later if I need to?)

Summary: pickups, tone, volume are worth messing with if you're not getting the results you expect.

Also - calluses already notable - it's like falling-off-a-log, soon I'll be a bad guitar player (instead of a non-guitar player) again!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Please no ?

If you want best simulation for football on pc,get Pro Evolution Soccer,either 2013 or 2014 versions.
    For a football 'game' I'd take New Star Soccer over those ANY day of the week - assuming I didn't care which overpaid shitholes played for my overrated exploitative company ;0

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Divinity: Dragon Commander.

I feel like either the loading screen tips are trolling me or I'm getting old. Shit like "Warlocks require a lot of player management" and "Make sure your Shamans stay out of combat" would make you think some kind of fine-control is possible in the battles. But no, it isn't. Nothing is possible. It's a frantic click-fest where your unit composition isn't based on anything other than going for a rough balance of things which have worked in the past. Otherwise you just turn into a dragon and go wreck an attacking forces day. And you need to be so far zoomed out that you couldn't select a fucking Warlock if your ass depended on it.

Sacrifice was easier to control/play than this, and that's not counting the tactical pause that game had. It's a shame because everything else has been fun, but I can see the battles wearing on me.
    The tab key is your friend in DDC. I have come to quite enjoy the tactical battles, once I figured out how to use the hotkeys. Using tab to switch the main units in a group, and using ability hotkeys makes the game a lot easier. And blowing up a force 3 times larger than yours with a well timed AoE spam is incredibly satisfying. That said, it can get a bit boring once you get to the stage where you basically just need to sit out 2 minutes and then obliterate everything in a few seconds in dragon form.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I've been playing GTA Online (PS3) in preparation for the PC version. I thought I was over GTA:O, but I was apparently quite wrong, it is quite a lot of fun... With friends. But the same can be said for any online game. Without friends it's hit and miss, either you'll find likeminded randoms who won't do things like park up and wait for you to leave a Pay n' Spray to, well, pray n' spray you with bullets until you die leaving you no chance to defend yourself, or... Yeah. Playing it with more textures, polygons, pixels and frames will be so damn sweet and I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamlord View Post
    Yeah, that was me.
    Apologies, the remark stayed with me but the name was somehow lost in the maelstrom.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    For a football 'game' I'd take New Star Soccer over those ANY day of the week - assuming I didn't care which overpaid shitholes played for my overrated exploitative company ;0
    What dare says you, NSS5 is not serious simulation. And the trailer wants to make sure you're fully aware of that:

It's more of a foot-to-ball RPG/Sims hybrid than a traditional team-based game, and it's not endorsed by any overpaid ball-kicking someone-or-another, but that, in my eyes, simply makes it 10x better than any product that is.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

And I finished Shadowrun Returns. Well, that was quick (9 hours). I'll grab the Dragonfall DLC in the upcoming summer sale, everyone seems to like it.

Network Hub
    I hate NSS.
    On Android it's the perfect game, but on PC it's too damn serious, with a lot of things to do, and it's too hard for me.

I can't even get the ball. When I get it I lose it in the next few seconds. During my first hour with the game I managed to land maybe 2 passes. I suck at it and I hate it.

I love the mobile version though. So pure, so simple, so awesome !

Quote Originally Posted by AshEnke View Post
    I can't even get the ball. When I get it I lose it in the next few seconds. During my first hour with the game I managed to land maybe 2 passes. I suck at it and I hate it.
    Yeah I couldn't do much at the beginning as well, it was fun and different and there were lots of things to do, so I kept playing. Since your avatar sucks, you keep training and he gets better, you play too and you get better, get a hang of things. I played and played, until things started falling apart which was as soon as I started getting decent at it.

I was 100% sponsored, nice girl, good relationships, the whole shebang. But I wanted to earn more, move up the ladder, you see? I needed good marks, MoM awards, increase my fame which means assists and goals and getting in front of the cameras as often as possible. And that drive put me in this awkward position because to have all that, I needed to be in the game as much as possible; I couldn't make a mistake when calling ball or receiving passes, or miss an easy goal. Most importantly, I needed to avoid cards like hell, because cards undo everything I've been building, and worse! it means skipping games. And then you might get out of shape, and skip more games, or play substitute, which is exactly the opposite of what I've wanted.

Pretty cool when I think about it: basically, I spelled my own doom. Maybe I should start playing again.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Network Hub
    I'll try playing it further. I know I only hate it because I'm bad at it so maybe with practice I'll end up enjoying it !

No apology necessary alms, I was merely prefacing my agreement to what you were saying by identifying myself. :)

I am playing the waiting-for-steam-sale game the last few days...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I thought about buying on Steam to remove the match limit for New Star Soccer 5, but my first half an hour was spent just trying to connect to the servers which is a mandatory thing, and by the looks of the Steam forums this is a common problem that occurs frequently despite the game being years old.
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 19-06-2014 at 11:18 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post

Well just saying if you want real football experience as you see on tv these days,your best solution is PES series. Because they are known as football simulation. Otherwise go with just ever you want lol,you poor soul.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post

It's more of a foot-to-ball RPG/Sims hybrid than a traditional team-based game, and it's not endorsed by any overpaid ball-kicking someone-or-another, but that, in my eyes, simply makes it 10x better than any product that is.
    I'm not interested in the management part of things. I don't necessarily want it to be a simulation, but I want something fun and tactical where my control of the field can have a substantial impact on play and where tactically sensible maneuvers translate into better results. I don't care about the announcers, the ball physics, the team rosters, or the career/build-a-squad/manage-a-team modes or features. I want something that feels good and intuitive; a virtual field that requires both tactical plays and mechanical skill. All else being equal, more realistic is good but it's not an end unto itself.

I tried the Fifa 2014 demo but since they won't let me do the Practice mode it's a royal pain trying to figure out how much I like the controls and obviously even in a more forgiving demo it's hard to predict how I'll feel about the difficulty curve further up it. Hopefully someone with similar predilections toward soccer games to the above sentiments can point me in the right direction or tell me to give up now before I waste time looking for an elusive game that isn't there. :)
    Last edited by gwathdring; 20-06-2014 at 02:49 AM.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Try it. It has a demo that is what you would otherwise call F2P: it has a limit on how many matches you can play each day but, when I played it at launch, there was really no check on how many players you can have, as long as you have email addresses (and disposables worked too).

After you buy it, one of your existing players can be upgraded to your official avatar or you can start from scratch. The character can be reset at any time, but it always keep the same name unless this has been changed along the way.

I should probably mention again that training your 16yo is a Very Good Thing. Speed and tackling might be the most useful to get decent marks when starting out.

Also, I never had any server problem, but the game didn't receive a lot of updates after it finally got on Steam. Maybe the author is working on a new game.