Page 112 of 1050 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212612 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 20983
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Yay, Catwoman is Therese/Jeanette!
    Wowowowowow hold it there, buddy. Catwoman is what?

This is relevant to my interests.
    Please, explain in further detail, if it's not much of a bother.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Wowowowowow hold it there, buddy. Catwoman is what?

This is relevant to my interests.
    Please, explain in further detail, if it's not much of a bother.
    Same voiceactor.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    @ Sabrage

I disagree on Max Payne 2, I really liked it. Sure it's hammy but that's part of the appeal. The action is more finely honed and stylish looking than in the first game, there's some hilarious set pieces it's basically the first game but bigger and while not necessarily always better I found it thoroughly enjoyable. Plus it ditched the annoying platform trail of blood nonsense that was such a pain in the arse in the first game.

I played Kitchen Cleaning 2011 today. What I thought would be a small and casual game quickly turned into a hardcore survival horror experience. The art style evokes not only the works of Carpenter but also those of Cronenberg. It's ridiculously hard at times and after a while it simply felt like work. I made it to the penultimate stage (The Fridge) and ended up romancing the coffee machine. Graphics are okay.
    All in all I wouldn't recommend it.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Anthile you didn't give a score, how can I compare it with other games on metacritic.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Well, it wasn't the worst game I have ever played and it can only be indirectly linked to the rigged Bolivian elections of 2007, therefore I give it a 9/10.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Bullshit! Bathroom Cleaning 2009 got a 9.5/10 from IGN and yet this newer, prettier and therefore better version gets a lower mark? Corruptions! Lies! Biases! I am enraged you are dragging down my Metacritics!

Kitchens are bigger than Bathrooms so this game should get a bigger mark. Can't deny the truth!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I don't know what to make of the God of War series. On the one hand, I've never kicked so many puppies in my life. On the other hand, the cutscenes seem to suggest that this game takes itself seriously. What?

Anyways. I started both Max Payne 2 and God of War 2 today. They both suffer classic sequelitis, but whereas that made me put down the former right away it's oddly endearing in the latter. What's odd is that while GoW2 does nearly everything "bigger and better" than the original, I think I preferred that to this one and I couldn't really explain why. Maybe it's the boss fights... I usually love boss fights in games, but this one has been really pissing me off. Or maybe it's the balance issues... I always steamroll the lesser enemies in the game, but there only seems to be health items after the incredibly easy battles. Then the game throws 2-3 hard battles at me in a row and I get stomped. I'm really happy it let me turn off the hints and tutorials right off the bat though; more games need to do that.

Whatever it is, there's no way I can stomach God of War 3 immediately afterwards like I did with this. I'm excited to play it just to see the scale they pull off, but I'm gonna need a break. The violence never gets old, it's the fact that Kratos bellows every single line at the top of his lungs that wears thin.

And is it odd that I was finding Max Payne 2's writing pretentious by the end of the first mission, but I can put up with God of War's self-import? I guess it's because Max stands in stark contrast to its predecessor, where the other is business as usual.
    I thought God of War 2 ruined everything that was good about the first game in the first five minutes and is one of the worst sequels of all time. I liked GoW1 until the designers had a brain fart and the final two hours turned to shit. I especially liked the obvious Harryhausen influences and it had some moments of pure genius (the desert part or when Ares throws the column all the way to Kratos). It also wrapped up perfectly.
    I like Dante's Inferno more than GoW anyway *shrug*

On-topic, still playing Batman AC. I turned off DX11 as the game runs three times slower and looks exactly as on DX9. Can't wait for the next Catwoman section...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    I liked GoW1 until the designers had a brain fart and the final two hours turned to shit. I especially liked the obvious Harryhausen influences and it had some moments of pure genius (the desert part or when Ares throws the column all the way to Kratos). It also wrapped up perfectly.
    Really? I loved the whole Pandora's Temple part, and the jawdropping environmental art is why I play anyways. I think both games start off pretty shitty, and eventually find their stride. I definitely prefer the original, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it "one of the worst sequels of all time." Not with Devil May Cry 2, Invisible War, (I've actually played this and not the original... It's still shitty) and countless Sonics and Tomb Raiders battling it out for that spot.

Wow, I have to admit, I wasn't expecting much from Cryostasis. I mean, I was expecting my $2.50 worth, but this game is amazing. Walk into a room filled with ice. Flashback to the room originally filling with water, showing how it got this way. Brilliant. As is the health mechanic. It ran like shit at first with everything cranked to high, but now that I've toned the settings down a notch it's running just fine.

Wow, Killzone 3 Limited Edition came in the mail and I can't believe how big this thing is. Just wanted to share this:
    Last edited by sabrage; 12-12-2011 at 09:56 AM.

Just started playing Warhammer: Space Marine after the sale on the THQ Digital store. I'm enjoying the sheer level of carnage and the massive scope of the game; having just completed Chapter 3. Gameplay variety leaves much to be desired though, or so I've heard, I'm hoping it's not the case. That the game consists of nothing more than what I'm currently doing, killing many of 'Orks' in gruesome ways, is somewhat worrying since I'm already getting a little bored with the sheer number and similarity of encounters.
    Last edited by DzX; 13-12-2011 at 12:22 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Septerra Core. Linear, no real sidequests and has very simple combat mechanic. its alright enough for me to want to finish it.

Clocked about 10 hours on Dungeon Defenders. It's not a bad game, and it's fun thrashing legions of goblins and whatnot. Unfortunately, my friends all play on PS3, so I've not been able to play with them. Still decent fun, though, but it is starting to feel a little grindy in the never ending search for mana crystals. Also have started playing Orcs Must Die. Really enjoying that. The pace is great, and swinging from being worried that I have enough traps in place to fend off the orcs early in the level, to being mildly smug as I KNOW I have enough traps at the end of the level, and enthusiastically begin tearing into the horde is great fun. =D

Network Hub
    I've been playing Stalker Clear Sky with the Complete Mod in honor of GSC's closure. Before that, I plowed through Serious Sam 3. Waiting for my Christmas present of Skyrim.

Network Hub
    I bought Lands of Lore off of GoG due to the sale so I've started playing that, just picked up Timothy. I like how there's some sort of smooth scrolling in that game compared to the few other Dungeon Master-esque games I've played, feels less jarring to me somehow.

Lands of Lore: Guardians of Chaos I assume? That game is outstanding if your into dungeon crawlers. Better than any of the Eye of Beholder games (and that's saying something).

I played through that a few years ago. Good times.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    SO I realized, looking at the games sitting on my shelf, that before today I only ever owned 5 First-Person Perspective games on consoles in my entire life: Half-Life (on PS2, borne of necessity,) Halo 3 and Reach, Oblivion, and Borderlands (which I have never even played.) Yet since I got my PS3, I grabbed 3 more just to catch up on some exclusives...And I realized that I actually hate first-person games on a controller. It just feels incredibly unnatural to me and I do not like it at all. I'll get over it to finish the games, but this is a mistake I vow not to make again. It was even making me a little nauseous, the way the camera didn't feel like it was lining up with my movements. Never felt very strongly about it in the past, but all of a sudden it's very obvious how inferior a gamepad is for this type of game.

God of War 2 has a whole lot of shitty bosses. Why do they all have to have 5 fucking stages with no bloody checkpoints? I wish every game had Bayonetta's bosses... There's a game that gets it.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Lands of Lore: Guardians of Chaos I assume? That game is outstanding if your into dungeon crawlers. Better than any of the Eye of Beholder games (and that's saying something).

I played through that a few years ago. Good times.
    It's the 1&2 pack so I'm going through the Throne of Chaos, yeah. Apparently the second game isn't quite as good but I think I'll try it first before judging.

Network Hub
    I just finished Planescape: Torment for the first time yesterday. At its release, I got up to Ravel but I guess my younger self either couldn't get past her or couldn't get past the walls of text (I'm pretty ashamed of him, but his loss I guess.)

Amazing game.

Before that, I had a Postal marathon. Postal 1 is a horrible, horrible game. Postal 2 is actually a lot of fun but that expansion pack may be even more horrible than Postal 1.

Just finished Trine 2, which was very enjoyable. It's similar enough to the first game, but there are some differences to how it unfolds.

There seems to be less focus on combat (you only engage in occasional fisticuffs with goblins) and more on the puzzles. The puzzles themselves are much better than in the first game. They require much more thought and use of some new game mechanics as well as the game physics.

It's paced better as well. The first game had you solving puzzles and fighting skeletons almost simultaneously, whereas here it's more clear what needs to be done: Combat section, Puzzle, Puzzle, Combat etc

Must have a look at the co-op when I get the chance.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Yet since I got my PS3, I grabbed 3 more just to catch up on some exclusives...And I realized that I actually hate first-person games on a controller. It just feels incredibly unnatural to me and I do not like it at all. I'll get over it to finish the games, but this is a mistake I vow not to make again.
    If one of those games is Resistance 2, play it on easy. It's actually fun that way.
    If you're playing the Killzones... well, my condolences.
    The one advantage of controllers is that you can walk as slow as you like.

I'm currently downloading DNF with the brand new expansion, as I'm too lazy to use the DVD for installation. I hear the expansion is actually much better than the base game... Will see tonight.