Page 1122 of 1258 FirstFirst ... 12262210221072111211201121112211231124113211721222 ... LastLast
Results 22,421 to 22,440 of 25143
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Absolutely. Although the whole arpg / top down shooter has always been kind of a slight distinction anyways, Bastion made me not want to play ARPGs for a long while. Also LoL / Dota 2; they have very similar gameplay to an arpg, but are far more interesting when it comes together.

I think Hyperlight Drifter might break me out of my spell though. That game looks good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Space Rangers 2 wrecked all assumptions by hiding a top down shooter inside a top down (turn based) RPG and a text adventure and a RTS AND a trading game and a puzzle game and a- [sound fades]
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Gosh, shamed publicly, I need to challenge your score.
    While I, on the other hand, am not so bad. :D

edit: Should have scrolled down first...
    Last edited by mrki; 11-07-2014 at 07:43 PM.

Finally got "Summoner" to work in windowed mode (thanks to some nifty little tool called dxwnd which allows you to run almost any older game in a window), meaning that the characters don't look like wobbly cheese people. I remember having played that game ages ago and man, the visuals haven't aged so well. But it's still fun to hack and slash my way through hordes of silly looking 3D monsters.

Anyone who's ever played this game will remember this guy:

screen024.jpg

Yeah, he's a charmer...
    Forum janitor in training.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    I view them more as complicated optimization problems in which the data-gathering process is a mildly entertaining game. I imagine this is why I view the Diablolikes that try to incorporate more than a little "player skill" to the genre as Dangerous And Wrong.
    This has certainly always been my take on them as well. Optimizing stats and builds is where all the fun is, the clicking is sort of incidental.
    Last edited by vinraith; 11-07-2014 at 08:26 PM.

I'd play Dangerous and Wrong.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    I'd play Dangerous and Wrong.
    Why isn't someone making a game by with that title right now?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    It's very much a "if you've played one, you've played them all"-genre.
    Quitting Diablo 2 felt like such a relief-- which is exactly how it felt to quit Dark Age of Camelot. And many games since. (You'd think I'd learn.)

Especially these days, there are so many F2P MMORPGs that I'd never pay money for a Diablo-like. They scratch the same itch, and those F2Ps are so easy to quit, as long as you refuse to spend any money.

Ooh, this hat gets me 5% more iron when mining, that's different.
    I'm shocked at all of the developers that would never dream of using procedural generation to create their levels-- something that has been proven to be interesting and work, something that replaces many hundreds or thousands of person-hours of works-- yet use this most basic form of procedural generation of loot, which then tastes suspiciously of carob. I've got to shout-out to ToME here for having so many individually crafted artifacts, and also for laying the code bare, so that you can see exactly how easy it is do things the right way.

That's better.
    Can't help but notice your skull count, you have everything unlocked and fully upgraded already I take it?

Quote Originally Posted by mrki View Post
    While I, on the other hand, am not so bad. :D
    You also had excellent scores in BIT.Trip Runner2.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Can't help but notice your skull count, you have everything unlocked and fully upgraded already I take it?
    I reset and buy what I'm using, I probably have about 500-600 skulls.

Getting back into Knights of the Old Republic for some nostalgia and of course hacking people with lightsabers and toasting them with various force powers.

Can anyone recommend a good RTS for me to play? I haven't gotten a new one in ages and while I do love CoH, Command & Conquer, etc. I want something new to sink my teeth into

I seem to have only short periods available atm so I am playing Dead Man's Draw which I picked up for 1.70 early in June. It's not a bad little time filler, no multi-player though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Why isn't someone making a game by with that title right now?
    Dangerous And Wrong PC Elitists In Trouble!
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

I Clouseaued my way through the last few bits of Antichamber that I hadn't uncovered so now I have the map wall fully filled out.

Due Process seems cool.
    post in progress

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Just finished the final chapter of The Wolf Among Us, and then restarted the entire thing from chapter one and replayed it through again to try out a few different things and see how it felt as one piece versus over extended time.

I think in large part the exercise proved to me that in the case of TWAU versus TWD that the condensed game-play suited it far better given the nature of the series as a Noirish detective story versus that of the ongoing travails of survivors living through a zombie apocalypse.

Albeit TWAU started off strong with it's opening chapter it suffered somewhat with the staggering of the follow ups given the operators of time frame within the narrative (the entire storyline takes place over a matter of days) and consequently they felt rather disjointed as singular episodes. As a whole though, the experience is much improved and makes for a pretty enjoyable experience, that though it might not quite hit the high bar set by TWDs excellent first season in terms of the writing is still pretty effective and does a good job in bringing Bill Willinghams characters to life. Here is hoping for a second season.

Minor quibble would be that at least on the 360 controller I found some of the action sequences a tad tricky (for some reason hammering A on the pad is less effective than pressing Q on the keyboard) but nothing too egregious.

Recommended (8/10)
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Battlefield 4 just started a month of celebration and festivities:

We are aware that the Battlefest 2XP event has not launched. As we look into the issue we ask that you remain patient. Please stay tuned for more updates.

EA is like the negligent parent you (hopefully) never had.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Or the abusive one which ruins things for you (Command and Conquer 4)

Started Hearts of Iron III as Yugoslavia. Doesn't seem as enormously complex as I thought it would be. Whoever dreamed up the 24hour IC cycle plus the resulting popup should burn in hell though. That thing drives my OCD nuts.