Page 1125 of 1259 FirstFirst ... 12562510251075111511231124112511261127113511751225 ... LastLast
Results 22,481 to 22,500 of 25166
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    I have to circle around like an idiot until the game allows me to go down.
    Something about that sentence just amuses me :D
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Something about that sentence just amuses me :D
    A gentleman never kisses and tells.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Activated Node
    Having gotten both Kingdoms of Amalur and Dragon's Dogma through my PS+ subscription, I personally can't vouch much for KoA anymore. Both games follow a similar format (combat oriented semi open world with exploration and lore motifs spread around), but the implementation of both make tons of differences. The very starting town settles the differences - while Gorhart in KoA just serves as a hub with quests and shops and other services like alchemy and stuff, while Cassardis in DD shows a large degree of exploration within the town itself, by way of making great use of 3d space; you can jump and climb up/down nearly anywhere, which rewards you with plenty of stuff, which, while not necessarily great stuff, the mere exploration itself feels rewarding enough - jumping really makes a hell of a differences for these games. The combat in both feel interesting enough until you face the larger monsters on each; a Troll in Amalur feels only slightly different from regular monsters in that they are damage sponges and some telegrpahed moves can deal loads of damage, while a Cyclops in DD will require a veeery particular strategy (and even then can vary somewhat if the Cyclops is armored), which would usually consist ideally on hitting the Cyclops hand so it drops its club, electrocuting it so it falls unconscious and then stabbing its eye to the max, or also could be like shooting the eye with arrows and then pray he doesnt go berserk because of it and more or less circle around him or walk between his legs. On a more neutral stance (but still subjective, haha), DD lacks any sort of unlocking/decursing minigame, either you can open a door/chest or you cant; frankly I have grown to prefer the latter but I get why others would opt for the former.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    OGR.. Still after 13 years one of the best for me. The amount of details in this game is amazing!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    ETS2 MP and DayZ. ETS2 MP is fun in short bursts, I find I just get bored after too long, and DayZ... Well, I was finally happy with my loadout, I had pristine everything, a FNX .45 with seven, SEVEN magazines, 100 rounds of ammo in boxes for it and my also pristine Mosin with pristine long range scope and pristine compensator, a Pelican case, drinks, food, an AK magazine I was carrying for someone else (who also died, but he doesn't even have an AK yet anyway)... I guess I'll get back to the NW Airfield and have a poke around on low pop servers. I mean that's how I got all that gear anyway, so. But that depends on me getting there before I starve to death, I've spent an hour looking for anything to open tins with so I can gorge on peaches.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Enjoying King of Dragon Pass. If your D&D group got brutally murdered by a tribe of Vikings one time, turns out that was me. Your magic swag is awesome though, thanks.

Glorantha, actually

anyways, binging War Profiteering: The Game a.k.a Mount and Blade: Warband. I was hoping I'd join the Sarranids so I could screw over the Nords tenfold for their Velvets but it turns out, Swadia was much more satisfying for their offer so long as they want some heads to roll. Fought some Rhodoks and looted a couple of villages. Gave me a nice start for business and eventually decimated large Rhodok force with my significantly smaller army. Got captured a few times too but I pussied out and reloaded after that happened. I'll save that for my solo run. Can't wait for Swads to get into a fight against Khergits again!
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    The Last Express is amazing. Just a couple a days from now it will be 100 years since the start of the game.
    I haven't been so immersed in a long time. Can't put my finger on what makes it special. I'm very curious and already care about a couple of characters.
    Strange game.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Supreme Commander is a truly awful single player strategy game, completely entrenched in a early 90's mindset of rts single player with tripwire plot triggers and infinite unit spam.

Ground Control(1), Company of Heroes(1), Dawn of War 2, Creeper World 3 and Sacrifice are probably the best examples of RTS single player I can think of(I'd mention Frozen Synapse with its WEGO turns too. Many swear by the blizzard games (SC1 and WC3)but the script triggering is extremely familiar to all the die hard fans who are now blind to it.

As much as I love many other RTS (home world, sup com, settlers series' for example) it's for the multiplayer and skirmish, the single player campaigns are often dreadful tutorials or a testbed for multiplayer strategies.
    I've played a bit of Company of Heroes 1 and I've finished Dawn of War 2 + expansion multiple times, so I can see what you mean. If you'd ask me to name strategy games that I liked, Dawn of War 2 would be on top of that list (closely followed by Dark Crusade, which is a more traditional RTS).
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Currently cowering from irate MJ12 guards and their dogs in the crawlspace.

When you cattle prod MJ12 to sleep (high melee skill, melee strength Aug) they explode, this blew my young mind.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Currently hotlapping in AC, flying in Rise of Flight, IL2: CLOD, and DCS:FC3, space-captaining in FTL, and super-criminalizing in Saint's Row the fourth.

I have waay to much time on my hands 0_o

Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    I've played a bit of Company of Heroes 1 and I've finished Dawn of War 2 + expansion multiple times, so I can see what you mean. If you'd ask me to name strategy games that I liked, Dawn of War 2 would be on top of that list (closely followed by Dark Crusade, which is a more traditional RTS).
    but when ot comes to resource management, nothing ever really came close to CnC because honestly, anything else felt like it's trying to fix what's not broken
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

When you cattle prod MJ12 to sleep (high melee skill, melee strength Aug) they explode, this blew my young mind.
    I usually install the muscles one since it's funnier to bounce a crate or a bin off of someone's bonce than cold cocking them with a baton.

This playthough has been awful, oh god the amount of things that just went wrong. Liberty Island was an embarrassment, Castle Clinton wasn't much better. I blew myself up taking out the generator, I had to slaughter all of the NSF in the mole people's tunnels because I got sick of reloading saves and LaGuardia was a friggin' nightmare. I even broke both me legs stepping over the edge of the roof above Paul's apartment, I don't know what the hell went wrong with that one.

You'll laugh at this one; whenever I needed to riot prod a sucker twice because my aim was off a tad it always happened when I was down to the last charge in the battery. Every. Single. Time. And I'd just get cut to ribbons by someone's mate who just decided to wander into view when it was going down and then they'd snap out of the electrocution animation whilst I'm running away and then they'd join in shooting me with darts or some shit. Horrible, I've never played this badly before. I'm going to uninstall the game and take a week off to make sure this bad juju is gone before I can start over fresh.

Embracing failure in a stealth game is a sign you are maturing as a person. No longer will end of mission stats and quickloads dominate your dreams, now you will learn the way of shits and giggles.

You get it later on but I wish the spy drone was more inconspicuous too, like one of those robotic vacuum cleaners that are everywhere that I keep stepping on instead of the floating ball of death that isn't very spy like. Even during my bouts of sucking the one other thing that keeps me coming back to Deus Ex is wasting bots with a remote controlled floating EMP mine.

Aggressive Defense System was too funny to refuse, I never used spy drone. I should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalk View Post
    You get it later on but I wish the spy drone was more inconspicuous too (...) instead of the floating ball of death that isn't very spy like.
    Isn't the spy drone about the size of a basketball or something, despite being meant to come out of your eye?

Anyway, after doing some dubious internal soldering on my formerly broken joystick in preparation for all the space games, I'm going through the Freespace series. Just finished the first one. Also, playing Original Sin, and I just got Remember Me on the Steam cheaps.

Aggressive Defense System was too funny to refuse, I never used spy drone. I should try it.
    You gotta watch out for the energy drain, it's a killer. Also watch the speed or the lack of it rather (oh spy drone why u go so slow, gottagofast). Maybe you should do what I should've done and install the BioMod, uh, mod.

I've finished Call of Juarez gunslinger, Marlow Briggs and Blood Dragon.
    I enjoyed them all. They all had a good ideas behind them but they didn't take it further. Gunslinger could've played a bit more with the narrative play. Marlow Briggs could've been a bit more bombastic and Blood Dragon needed more focus (when it went outside its setting most of its jokes fell flat)

Now I'm playing Octodad and it's so charming I'm loving it.

This means that I'm almost through with every single of my summer sale purchases, so this was a very productive sale. I bought only what I wanted to play and played it.

I didn't know that. And I've played Deus Ex more than a dozen times. I have to resist playing it again.