Page 113 of 1137 FirstFirst ... 13631031111121131141151231632136131113 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 22734
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Finished Capsized and thought it was an excellent little game. Will definitely go back and play it again on a harder difficulty at some point. Better action in that game than in most 3D shooters.

Network Hub
    Finished Stealth Bastard- What a brilliant free little game. I was going to download extra levels, but I feel like the original 28 would be marred by weaker fan ones. Makes me eager to see Tom Francis's game.

Also, finished AC Brotherhood. Surprisingly, I preferred it a lot more than 2.

And all the while Baldur's Gate remains unfinished. I think it's chapter 5, but I really ran out of steam. It feels like I'm resting waaay too often to try and heal up and get spells, and I feel if I just stick to the main quest I'm going to be even more handicapped if I carry my character through to the second game. So on the rare occasion I play, I'm grinding though side quests, which are a bit hit and miss.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Pretty much 100%'d Sonic Generations. Still got two achievements to get, one just being running through all the levels and putting down an official time and the other to do with the final boss. I won't really fuss with the latter, but the game's so damn fun to play that the replayability of the levels causes no concern for me. I actually recommend it to platforming fans; it's a solid title.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vague-rant View Post
    And all the while Baldur's Gate remains unfinished. I think it's chapter 5, but I really ran out of steam. It feels like I'm resting waaay too often to try and heal up and get spells, and I feel if I just stick to the main quest I'm going to be even more handicapped if I carry my character through to the second game. So on the rare occasion I play, I'm grinding though side quests, which are a bit hit and miss.
    I just did a Trilogy playthrough and found it exactly the same. BG1 really drags on a bit and by the time the city of Baldur's Gate opened up I was getting restless. In the end I got an FAQ just so I knew where all the quests were to minimize pointless wandering, blasted through them all in a night and then went back to the main plot. Luckily the plot will keep rolling forward from the Iron Throne investigation onwards so things pick up momentum again. I did end up saying a big 'fuck you' to Tales of the Sword Coast though as I just wanted to get to BG2.
    Baldur's Gate 2 is where the magic happens. Playing it again made me remember just how much I love it, and it has aged like a single malt.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    If one of those games is Resistance 2, play it on easy. It's actually fun that way.
    If you're playing the Killzones... well, my condolences.
    The one advantage of controllers is that you can walk as slow as you like.
    I started the first one on Hard, and I'm definitely feeling like that was a mistake. I've always wanted to try something like Razer's Nostromo, but I just don't feel like it has the functionality and versatility of a keyboard.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Also, finished AC Brotherhood. Surprisingly, I preferred it a lot more than 2.
    Ass creed was a prototype, Ass Creed 2 was the real thing, but brotherhood was the bizarre mix tape with so much duct taped on it just worked.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    My "Now Playing" consists of two titles - Skyrim and Anno 2070.

Hurrah for long games!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    I'm still playing a bit of Sanctum in both single and multiplayer. It's quite possibly my favorite tower defense game of all time, in that it's a marvelous mix of meaningful strategy and careful geometric layout combined with a genuinely fun action element to try (and usually fail) to make up for your strategic foul-ups and/or integrate yourself meaningfully into your otherwise automated defense plans. Hunting for easter eggs is fun too, damn this game has some beautiful levels to get lost in and fall off of.

In anticipation of the winter break, I'm trying to get rolling on New Vegas again with the newly updated Project Nevada (with patches) and all the DLC. I'm really looking forward to this, but am mostly just fiddling with settings trying to get it set up the way I want it, and trying to figure out if I need any mods beyond PN.

I also have it in my deranged head to finally learn how to properly play Pride of Nations over this break, as it looks outstanding. I do wish they'd make good on their promise to create some intermediate-length campaigns, however, the grand campaign is seriously daunting.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    God help me, I'm thinking of reinstalling Simcity 4 and adding about seven years' worth of mods to it.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

I think I'm done with Nightsky. Despite it being one of the most innovative and interesting puzzle games I've played in a good long time, it's really pissing me off. I don't care if the puzzles are hard, but it's annoying as hell that it doesn't checkpoint on every screen. I hate having to re-do the same two puzzles just to fail on the third and have to restart again. It's an exercise in tedium I'm not really willing to take right now. Maybe I'll come back to it (I've finished a little more than half of the "worlds) but probably not unless a better checkpoint system is patched/hacked in. It's like the Warp Zones in Super Meat Boy.

Might just stop playing Orcs Must Die, too. The game wants so badly for me to use the combat abilities, but I don't find them very compelling or fun. But most of the levels can't be cleared within par/without leaks with just the crossbow, so my attempts to beat the game as an almost pure tower defense keep getting foiled. I had one level where an ogre decided to walk up stairs and kill all my archers.......... My friends consistently get higher scores for using the combat abilities as well, which irks me in ways I can not explain.
    Last edited by sabrage; 14-12-2011 at 02:25 AM.

Activated Node
    Of all the games I've been playing over the past month, I keep returning to Avadon: The Black Fortress and Shadowgrounds. They're more compelling than I would have ever guessed.

I'm not surprised to see that so many people bounced off Aquaria (I did too!) but I urge everyone to go back to it at least until you unlock the "energy form." It completely changes the dynamic of the game, to the extent that I would argue it doesn't even start until you get it. Once you can actually fight back, it become pretty clear that the designers literally set out to make Metroid underwater, and in that respect I'd say they've succeeded.. The art style is only rivaled by Capsized, which lacks the exploration and unlock aspect that really makes Aquaria shine. It's a shame that the menu controls on a gamepad are pretty terrible, because besides that the game is absolutely brilliant. I'm realizing, a year later, that this is the best part of any of the bundles I've gotten.

I'm currently playing through Darwinia for the first time (got it in the Introversion bundle). It's really a lovely game. It's quite surprising that it is so enjoyable and satisfying even though it's so simplistic!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    I just did a Trilogy playthrough and found it exactly the same. BG1 really drags on a bit and by the time the city of Baldur's Gate opened up I was getting restless. In the end I got an FAQ just so I knew where all the quests were to minimize pointless wandering, blasted through them all in a night and then went back to the main plot. Luckily the plot will keep rolling forward from the Iron Throne investigation onwards so things pick up momentum again. I did end up saying a big 'fuck you' to Tales of the Sword Coast though as I just wanted to get to BG2.
    Baldur's Gate 2 is where the magic happens. Playing it again made me remember just how much I love it, and it has aged like a single malt.
    So I really do have to level up with the side quests? What kind of level should I aim for to start BG2?

So I really do have to level up with the side quests? What kind of level should I aim for to start BG2?
    I'm pretty sure your character is automatically levelled up if you import and you don't have the minimum XP.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Depends on how you are getting your character from BG1 to BG2 I think. If you are playing Trilogy mod then the games are linked getting from the 1st to the 2nd is done for you, so you start BG2 exactly as you were when you finished with BG1 (when you take a quest created by the mod to go to Amn).
    The original way was to finish BG1 or BG1+TotSC and then import your character into BG2. Here your character would be levelled to 89,000XP (if coming from BG1) or 161,000XP (if coming from TotSC) if necessary, but I'm not sure what happens if your character happens to have more than these amounts already, ie. would they get XP taken away (my guess: probably not).
    Anyway, so as long as you finish BG1 with at least 89,000 then you shouldn't be underlevelled at all (I have a feeling I entered BG2 with around 200,000XP from doing all those sidequests, and that was without doing anything from TotSC). However, being a higher level will make the final fight of BG1 easier and that fight is a motherfucker and a half. There's also something to be said for being a higher level at the start of BG2, as the first dungeon can be tricky in places.

So it's up to you how far you want to go. Remember too that the rewards from sidequests can often be useful - I think the Gauntlets of Ogre Strength are entirely missable because they're in a side quest. I'm not sure how much XP it is theoretically possible to get

Minecraft Minecraft Minecraft... Haven't even looked at anything else the past couple of months (but I've bought quite a few games in that time, just to keep my back log alive and well).

Although right now I'm playing the 'start Minecraft every twenty seconds to see if they've finished doing maintenance' game. Which is rather less fun than playing Minecraft itself, surprisingly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Depends on how you are getting your character from BG1 to BG2 I think. If you are playing Trilogy mod then the games are linked getting from the 1st to the 2nd is done for you, so you start BG2 exactly as you were when you finished with BG1 (when you take a quest created by the mod to go to Amn).
    The original way was to finish BG1 or BG1+TotSC and then import your character into BG2. Here your character would be levelled to 89,000XP (if coming from BG1) or 161,000XP (if coming from TotSC) if necessary, but I'm not sure what happens if your character happens to have more than these amounts already, ie. would they get XP taken away (my guess: probably not).
    Anyway, so as long as you finish BG1 with at least 89,000 then you shouldn't be underlevelled at all (I have a feeling I entered BG2 with around 200,000XP from doing all those sidequests, and that was without doing anything from TotSC). However, being a higher level will make the final fight of BG1 easier and that fight is a motherfucker and a half. There's also something to be said for being a higher level at the start of BG2, as the first dungeon can be tricky in places.

So it's up to you how far you want to go. Remember too that the rewards from sidequests can often be useful - I think the Gauntlets of Ogre Strength are entirely missable because they're in a side quest. I'm not sure how much XP it is theoretically possible to get
    200,000? There's XP caps in all the Baldur's Gate games. You can't get 200,000 XP even with TotSC installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizardry View Post
    200,000? There's XP caps in all the Baldur's Gate games. You can't get 200,000 XP even with TotSC installed.
    I believe you can with BGT. Maybe with Tutu as well, but I can't say for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizardry View Post
    I guess you can with Trilogy. I could be entirely wrong though as I'm not totally sure what my starting XP in BG2 was, and the specific savegames have been overwritten long ago. Something like 205,000 sounded familiar though.