Page 115 of 1180 FirstFirst ... 15651051131141151161171251652156151115 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 23599
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Oh, wow. Nothing on Xbox can compare graphically to what they've done with God of War 3. It's disgustingly, annoyingly, distractingly pretty. I would love to see a full-blown RPG in this setting (with an entirely different cast, otherwise the story would be awful.) Wish I hadn't chosen the "normal" difficulty though; "easy" must just mean you're invincible.
    Last edited by sabrage; 16-12-2011 at 04:03 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Suddenly was in the mood for some point and click adventures so installed The Longest Journey, I'm no graphics junkie but it would be nice if there was a way to sharpen the graphics a bit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Suddenly was in the mood for some point and click adventures so installed The Longest Journey, I'm no graphics junkie but it would be nice if there was a way to sharpen the graphics a bit.
    Some have tried with varying degrees of success, but generally it just causes the game to bug/freak out so it's not worth the hassle.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Still not done with Skyrim - this is mostly due to work before Christmas. I've been hanging in Alduin's Temple for the past week, often only finding time for half an hour of playing. Really hoping to finish the mainquest on Sunday so I can jump into the Christmas holidays with fresh games!
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    Some have tried with varying degrees of success, but generally it just causes the game to bug/freak out so it's not worth the hassle.
    Ah well, the graphics aren't that bad anyways.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    It was the fonts that killed it for me, I was at this bit where you need to go in a library and puzzle out where you need to go next but I could read a bloody word of it, it was in English but i got a headache trying to filter out all of the loops and serifs.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Yeah they could have spent an hour or so more making a nice font.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    I just finished the Dawn of War II: Retribution campaign, on Easy using the Imperial Guard. Certainly not a bad experience, and I relished playing the Guard, but I can't really see it having much replay value.

Might actually uninstall it, I'm not going to play MP or TLS.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    I just finished the Dawn of War II: Retribution campaign, on Easy using the Imperial Guard. Certainly not a bad experience, and I relished playing the Guard, but I can't really see it having much replay value.

Might actually uninstall it, I'm not going to play MP or TLS.
    Yeah - it's exactly the same campaign with each races, with slightly different dialogue. Ugh. Needs a lot of time between the replays to wipe the maps even remotely from memory.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Finished Bastion last night. Good game! The narrator is cool!

Playing L.A. Noire, with the aim to finish it soon. At the Ad. Vice desk, which is the second to last, so I assume I am over halfway. Enjoying the game, but there are a number of obvious flaws that really should have been fixed before release. The story is also a bit of a mess, with the Traffic desk just being episodic cases, the Homicide desk being a poorly-delivered single story with an unsatisfying conclusion, and now it looks like the Ad. Vice desk is going to have a single story as well, though it's off to a better start than the homicide one. Hopefully Noire 2 (if extant) has a single overarching story and cases that take more than a few hours (game time) to crack.

Also replaying The Saboteur -- so good!

Yeah they could have spent an hour or so more making a nice font.
    http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_longest_journey/fonts

Gog, fixes what developers cant?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Wow, that's helpful. I'd like to use the content of this post, how much will it cost me? I don't actually see any adjectives, and I think that missing apostrophe should give me a "damaged text" discount.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Wow, that's helpful. I'd like to use the content of this post, how much will it cost me? I don't actually see any adjectives, and I think that missing apostrophe should give me a "damaged text" discount.
    I assume you don't have the punctuation pack installed? If you do you'll need to update it to the latest version, using the post is free as long as you share or like it on social media websites, but quoting it receives a £0.15 surcharge, but paraphrasing without permission will generate a visit from my "death squad", I use speech marks not because its an ironic name, but because I am legally required to do so by "death squad" PLC who protect my intellectual property "violently"(this is literal, but again speech marks are simply required by contract).

Actually putting the advice into real use is free as long as your subscription up to date of course.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I assume you don't have the punctuation pack installed? If you do you'll need to update it to the latest version, using the post is free as long as you share or like it on social media websites, but quoting it receives a £0.15 surcharge, but paraphrasing without permission will generate a visit from my "death squad", I use speech marks not because its an ironic name, but because I am legally required to do so by "death squad" PLC who protect my intellectual property "violently"(this is literal, but again speech marks are simply required by contract).

Actually putting the advice into real use is free as long as your subscription up to date of course.
    Funny how "free2read" so easily becomes "pay2write."

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Funny how "free2read" so easily becomes "pay2write."
    Remember you are always able to "die4free" at the hands of "death squad" .

Freedom2read can be achieved by proxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza View Post
    Freedom2read can be achieved by proxy.
    If you are really lucky you might see the red dot, but you'll be dead before you hear the shot.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    So, got to level 10 and moved off the starting area as a Jedi Consular in The Old Republic.

The following surprises me as much as it will you, possibly...

It's good. Really good. The combat has a decent flow to it and is very satisfying; the whole 'heroic combat' thing actually does feel true because you're either taking on groups or singular large things. Attacks feel like they have a punch. On top of that, the story is pretty interesting and whilst it does, at times, feel like a single player story, it doesn't really matter, it's still fun. Teamed up with a couple of other people for about an hour before I stopped, as we got through the last content of the starting area. Whilst we did agree there were a few minor balance issues (eg. the consular contains the Jedi spec for healing, yet lacks any sort of basic healing spell outside of this, so far) it worked well. The companions add an interesting dynamic, along with the fact you can equip them and...well, it's just fun.

Whilst I haven't played Cataclysm to know the changes to low-level characters in WoW, what I experienced in about 3.5 hours in TOR was far more enjoyable than any of the early content I'd done in WoW up to and including Lich King (and even the Death Knight starting area). I mean the framework clearly apes WoW, but it's done so well. It also looks good. There's a few graphic options that really need to be there (good god does this game need AA!) but at 1080 max settings, it looks good. The music too is pretty satisfying, peaking at just the right moments and providing the right ambience the rest of the time.

So yeah, it's been fun and dare I say it, but I look forward to playing more!