Page 116 of 1213 FirstFirst ... 16661061141151161171181261662166161116 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 24243
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    OK, yeah, God of War 3 is by far the best in the series.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    In addition to unhealthy amounts of Sanctum (best $5 I spent this year, that, I really need to buy it again or preorder Coffee Stain's next game) I've been tinkering with getting Sacrifice running. The GOG version sets up quite well, with only a little registry work necessary to get it running at full widescreen resolution. Let me tell you, it looks amazingly good for its age, and runs smooth as glass. I'm really excited to get back in to an old favorite like this.

I'm also still tinkering with New Vegas setup (and batting around the idea of replaying FO3 with FWE first instead, but we'll see) and still trying to make headway with the Pride of Nations manual. So many fun toys, so little time!
    Last edited by vinraith; 18-12-2011 at 07:10 AM.

Taking a break from Eye of the Beholder 3 (cause its crap) to play .hack - Infection (ps2). Played this one a few times, since its part of a series of 4 games (with you transferring your saved game from game to game as you go) but I've always lost interest by the time I reached halfway through the 2nd game. Hoping to do better this time.

And finished off Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles (psp) good gaming, despite the sore hand from the final boss battle (from it needing such fast reflexes).
    Last edited by icemann; 18-12-2011 at 11:12 AM.

Lost enthusiasm on Morrowind once again but on the bright side, I managed to get the furthest I've ever been: well on my way to Nerevarine, top rank on Imperial Legion and nearly on Fighter's Guild, began building my Great House stronghold, etc. And then somehow I just lost interest. I'll probably pick it up again at some point, though.

Instead, I've been bitten by the Dungeons of Dredmor bug again. So far doing terribly as usual with plenty of really stupid deaths, but getting quite nicely along with my latest character. Thanks to all the changing variables, numerous skilltrees and general fun factor, dying never gets me down though. In addition, I really love the UI changes that they seem to have patched in after I last played the game.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I've been tinkering with getting Sacrifice running. The GOG version sets up quite well, with only a little registry work necessary to get it running at full widescreen resolution. Let me tell you, it looks amazingly good for its age, and runs smooth as glass. I'm really excited to get back in to an old favorite like this.
    Tell me if you fancy multiplayer, except 1 spell and 1 unit its pretty balanced.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Finally got around to install and play Arkham Asylum.

Damn Batmans, this is good. After I jumped through hoops of despair and technomagy to install the fucking GFWL shite.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Shank, Trine and Orcs Must Die.

Shank is dumb as bricks, but it's fast pretty and doesn't punish you for failure. It might be smarter than it seems.

Trine feels flawless in comparison, lush backgrounds go un
    -noticed because you are just too busy. Skelton, traps and puzzles are less challenging than some of the platforming but it's never too hard and being able to tag the checkpoints for health and energy is lovely. Excited to see how later skill improve the complexity, excited also for cooperative play, Trine 2, coop and Trine 2's cooperative play once I get Trine done.

Orcs Must Die 2 better have cooperative and competitive multiplayer, maybe like some warcraft 3 tower defence levels where other players could decide on what the creeps were while you defend yourself you'd also be considering how to overrun the other players to be the last man standing.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    I've been playing Dungeons of Dredmor since the expansion came out, experimenting with the new skill trees. Particularly liking emomancy, mainly for that level 3 acid spell, and piracy's first skill is awesome in a pinch. As well as that, still playing King of Fighters XIII, and messing around with Lands of Lore and the M&M 6-pack which I got from GoG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    i'm glad people have mentioned that improvements have been made to Dredmor. I decided to give it another chance and was delighted to see thay've added a "No time to grind?" mode, with smaller levels. Given that the eventual tedium of grinding through the first couple of dungeons was what made me put the game down this mode might just keep me playing it a bit more, which is good as I rather enjoyed it when it was throwing up new stuff at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Tell me if you fancy multiplayer, except 1 spell and 1 unit its pretty balanced.
    I'll keep that in mind. First I've got to remind myself how to play. Everything feels simultaneously alien and familiar, it's quite strange.

Network Hub
    Does Sacrifice work on windows 7? I know it's supposed to have some problems, but are there any workarounds? Kind of interested in buying it, mostly since I liked Brutal Legend and Brutal Legend often got likened to Sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicolor View Post
    Does Sacrifice work on windows 7? I know it's supposed to have some problems, but are there any workarounds? Kind of interested in buying it, mostly since I liked Brutal Legend and Brutal Legend often got likened to Sacrifice.
    I've had no issues on Win 7 64 as long as I leave T&L off in the startup options. Never played Brutal Legend so can't comment there.
    Last edited by vinraith; 18-12-2011 at 06:34 PM.

Started a new character in Dark Souls (I know it's not on PC, but it's awesome and I got nothing else to play atm), a dex build that I want to coop and pvp with. Already had people join me for some jolly cooperation for the Taurus, and I helped other people beat it twice.

Had my world invaded as well, which i completely blundered by falling off the bridge before the black phantom even got to me... What can I say, I was trying to shoot the tail off the dragon and wasn't expecting the guy at all :/

Kinda missed the whole coop/pvp segment of the game on my 1st run, for shame really because it's implemented very nicely and is quite good fun.
    steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I've had no issues on Win 7 64 as long as I leave T&L off in the stratup options. Never played Brutal Legend so can't comment there.
    So it does work? Excellent, thanks, might pick it up at some point then.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus thegooseking's Avatar
    I've gone back to Anarchy Online. It's not the best MMO I've ever played in any objective sense (it is one of the most complex, but it's questionable whether that complexity is very meaningful given the prevalence of cookie-cutter setups). In fact, it's pretty rough around the edges. And in the middle. But it has a certain 'something' that I've never seen in any other MMO. Call it 'charm'. Call it 'soul'. And that's why it is my favourite.

Though these days it also lacks a certain 'something' I've seen in other MMOs. Call it "a playerbase".

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Star Wars The Old Republic and more Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicolor View Post
    So it does work? Excellent, thanks, might pick it up at some point then.
    Works for me. In Win 7 I never install games under "Program Files" though, which may have something to do with it. That way I bypass all the UAC nonsense.

Edit: Damn, I'm going to have to throw a caveat in here, in that I'm still getting some graphical glitches. I'd thought turning off T&L had solved all of them, but it turns out it only solved most of them. Next step is to try this:

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/sacrific...phics_fix_here
    Last edited by vinraith; 18-12-2011 at 06:51 PM.

Tried the Nuclear Dawn free weekend thingy. Nice Natural Selection type thing with (what appears to be) simlar sides. Unfortunate knock on with the concept is that unless you work as a team its very messy. Also, not sure if its my computer / line, but seems rough around the edges in parts with weird chugging latancy and slow updates on the graphics (Prime a granade and it takes a second for the game to react to it).

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    Finally got around to install and play Arkham Asylum.

Damn Batmans, this is good. After I jumped through hoops of despair and technomagy to install the fucking GFWL shite.
    Yeah, I made the mistake of choosing to make an offline set of saves (I'm not always on-line) and never got to use any of the score-board features. Not a big deal, sure, but it seems like a cruel and unusual punishment.

Also, just started Blackwell Legacy. I've only got on to the first 30-45 mins or so, but I am liking it so far. A very steady introduction into the whole ghost thing, and I appreciate what they've done with the responses being options like "Glib response" rather than writing it all out. Voice acting is one of its major strengths too- I'm interested in how big an improvement the Remastered edition (which I'm playing) is.

Network Hub
    Finally bought Super Meat Boy (as part of the Humble Indie Bundle 4), but have basically given up on it after discovering that it lags so badly that the World 2 boss is nigh-unbeatable (yes, even with -ultralowdetail set) on my MacBookPro.
    Luckily, the other games in HiB4 are actually competently coded for OSX, so I'm enjoying Cave Story + instead...