Page 118 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 18681081161171181191201281682186181118 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 24092
    Network Hub
    I'm now messing around with Melty Blood: Actress Again: Current Code's recently release PC demo, since it's one of the few fighting games to get a PC release that is even slightly big. Sadly the full version is prohibitively expensive, and not released yet, but the demo will do for now. It also allows online play which is pretty cool although I have no one to play with :(

As well as getting lost in Might and Magic IV, managed to reach around level 10 on my party.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensler View Post
    Have you played the GOW Origins games - the PSP ones that were HDified for PS3? They're on my list but I haven't got around to playing them yet. I'm just curious how they compare to the main entries in the series.
    I bought the 1+2 collection and 3 right when I got my PS3, so I decided getting 5 GOW games at once would be a little bit overkill. I'm pretty sure that they're referenced a few times in the story, though, so I might pick them up when they're cheap.... There were a couple times (or every single time...) when NPCs acted like they knew Kratos even though I'd never seen them before, and sometimes it just wasn't explained.

Network Hub
    I have the PSP version of Chains of Olympus (the first PSP GoW game), when I played through it I thought it was prettty good but also quite short.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    The first levels of Orcs Must Die. The gameplay was OK, but the presentation is so, so terrible.
    Serves me right for not trying the demo before buying it a couple of weeks ago. The gift I receive for that achievement better be good! At the moment it's MIA.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Tried Dungeon Defenders, tried Orcs Must Die, ended up going back to Sanctum. I'm closing on 50 hours and this thing is not getting old, either in single player or co-op. It's ridiculous, I've played this more than I've played Fallout New Vegas!

Oddly, despite elaborate plans to start a big RPG or strategy game the other thing I find myself playing is Silent Hunter 4, not that I'm complaining. I never gave this one a proper due, despite thinking it was absolutely fascinating, so I'm pleased that I seem to have finally worked up the nerve to give it a proper tackling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Has anyone else played Bloodrayne: Betrayal on the consoleboxes? It's half off on XBLA and I'm a huge Wayforward fan so I used some old points to pick it up. First of all, whoever decided to give this a "T" rating was out of his mind. Beheadings and blood geysers seem to be a common theme (not that I'm complaining, but I can see some upset mothers over that one.) The game plays a lot better than its contemporaries - Shank being the most notable one - the combat feels a lot more fleshed out and skill based than just funneling every enemy through my shotgun/dual machete grinder. Just don't go in expecting Castlevania; while the atmosphere is largely the same the actual gameplay is a lot closer to Bayonetta. To that end, the game is also great at reminding me how much I suck: F ratings on every level I've completed :/

Again, sunk some more time into Orcs Must Die. The game is at its best when it just pours enemies into my meticulously created deathtraps, and at its worst when it blows them up with those goddamn kobold sappers. My general strategy is "Oh I can use swinging mace traps? This level is awesome!"

And finally, started Cave Story+. I can see why this game gets the praise that it does, but I HATE that the enemies respawn everytime you leave/enter a room. This works in Metroid games because the enemy placement is actually well thought out, whereas Cave Story goes more the clusterfuck route. Especially with the amount of backtracking the game expects of you.

(I also cranked out a couple of Steam achievements today... Why am I so bad at Revenge of the Titans?)
    Last edited by sabrage; 20-12-2011 at 11:57 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Finished the Ad. Vice desk in L.A. Noire, so now in the home stretch. I'm interested in what the grand finale will be. It's a good game, but there's a ton of wasted potential here.

While browsing for games on Amazon, I came across one I'd never heard of, Venetica, which as far as I can is only sold digitally by Diret2Drive for too much money. The elevator pitch is that it's an action RPG set in fantasy Venice, in which you play the daughter of Death, which sold me. The box arrived yesterday, so I fired it up and played a couple hours, and actually I'm really enjoying it. Don't interpret that as a recommendation. It's dopey, but it has a charming naivete which I find endearing. In the first scene, my village is burned and my boyfriend takes arrow in the knee--I mean, through the chest. And dies in my arms. It's much better than Dragon Age 2. I haven't even reached Venice yet!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    The first two to three hours of gameplay are actually quite nice, but everything really grinds to one of the most horrible, unsatisfying halts once you reach Venice.

If I hadn't gotten the game for free from the publisher, I'd be complaining a lot more.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    I got to Venice, and to be honest I just stopped caring about it. I should really go back to it at some point...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    I got to Venice, and to be honest I just stopped caring about it. I should really go back to it at some point...
    I stopped caring at the point where I was supposed to find a few pigeons somewhere on the different houses. Completely stopped my interest there.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ha ha, well, I'll let you know at what point my interest evaporates. I like Venice (and cities in general, I wish more RPGS were set in cities rather than countryside/castles/dungeons/caves/etc.), so I'm hopeful, but pigeon scouting may be too much for me. Then again, if they can keep tempting me with the promise of new outfits... (when I equipped the leather armor, seeing it form the front, I was surprised at how kind of sensible it was, as armor for a woman. Then I moved the camera to behind and... oh dear, backless.)

Same reason I finished Alice: Madness Returns, really.

Network Hub
    Cleared up the rest of the Blackwell games. I really enjoyed all of them, the stories all tie very well together and the whole murder-mystery thing is intriguing. Theres even a little moral choice at the end. Puzzle wise... pretty solid overall. I looked up a walkthrough twice due to unclear puzzles, but other than that everything made logical sense. However, each game is only 2-3 hours long, and I wonder how I'd feel if I'd paid full price rather than getting them in the Indie Royale.

Straight after I looked up Deception at their site- but at 12 quid its not something I feel I can justify right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    Thanx for answering and just one more question.

Just to see a storyline do you have to play the game as a multiplayer. I loved both kotors and while I am not big fan of star wars I am very interested in storyline of that period (reason i read KOTOR comics) but I don't actually want to multiplay or socialize with anyone in the game. Is the multiplayer component completely avoidable or you have to do raids, pvp, group pve and stuff like that?

no.
    you can play thru all the story lines and quests solo.
    the only time you group up is to to the heroic or flashpoint missions (not interesting at all).
    you get some extremely effective companions that are with you.
    my companion for my sith marauder is a rock solid ranged dps....i cant keep aggro sometimes, she kicks republic ass.
    so if you want to play for story content on your own its totally do-able.

Network Hub
    Because I like achieving things I tried to do all those achievements in Steam winter sale. And I finally managed to play And Yet It Moves for the first time (it has been sitting in my library for quite some time) and I like it! The concept is great, the puzzles are cool and sometimes even witty! I think I'm gonna try to actually finish that game now :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Pried upon Super Meat Boy for the two Christmas achievements. They're unbelievably hard.

I then realised Renegade Ops had given me free DLC. Almost shot through it all in one go, but died on the final boss, which was a tad annoying. I'll be sure to come back and finish the job later. One of the new characters deploys a shield which is pretty awesome, perhaps a little overpowered too. Nevertheless, they've abandoned all sense of normality and gone more towards crazy. The final boss is definitely an epitome of this in a glorious, but hard, way.