Page 12 of 1239 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422621125121012 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    Right now, I'm playing Sacred 2 when I want a bit of mindless monster-smashing (estimated time to completion: the end of time), and System Shock 2, after having scoured the internets for stuff to make it work on a modern(ish) system. (I'm honestly surprised my disc still works. Not complaining, though.) Not very far in to the latter, trying to play as a mostly-psi, and remembering very quickly why I don't usually try to play as a mostly-psi.

Restarted Stalker: SoC, maybe this time I'll figure out how to beat it. It's viciously difficult and I didn't know how to trade with anyone until yesterday.

Lots of FIFA on the 360

just finished the bad part of vampire and, well, that was bad, not the worst time I have ever spent with a game though and you can stealth most of it quite easily, anyway back to the city I go.

edit: Actually I would just like to comment on the patch, I haven't seen many major bugs yet and it only crashed once so far! thats impressive work, well done people involved.
    Last edited by 8-bit; 13-06-2011 at 10:44 PM.

I couldn't get into The Witcher, Minecraft keeps crashing, Magicka is excellent but also unreliable and Metro 2033 just fatigues me with the rediculous AI.

I'm thinking of playing EVE Online again because of the glacial pace of training skills fits quite nicely with my aim of spending no money (except the monthly fee ;_; ) and watching my earnings clock up from having an actual job where they pay me. I can look forward to two things! Money and points!

Until then I'll just keep exploding myself in hilarious ways in Just Cause 2. With Rock music (Thin Lizzy, Deep Purple, Hendrix, Zeppelin... Anything else?).

Bad Company 2, just awaiting the almighty BF3 :)

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt0r View Post
    Bad Company 2, just awaiting the almighty BF3 :)
    Same here. The rush mode never gets old, especially when playing with a squad that works together. Multiplayer gaming bliss.

Abandoned my plans to make a start on FUEL for the time being as I remembered I'd bought Jagged Alliance 2 on GOG, so I'm going to be having a go at that.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

I think I'm done with SpaceChem, though it's quite possible it will suck me back in. I finished all of the levels, but didn't meet all of the Challenges. It's really tempting to try, but I reckon the hard ones might drive me a little bit crazy. I'd probably end up caught between obsessive interest and failure-tinged despair, so I think I'll end this on a high note. It really is pretty much a lock for my GOTY, though. There'd have to be something amazing out of nowhere, or Deus Ex 3 exceeding my expectations by about a hundredfold.

So, still trying to get into Morrowind! There's been glimpses of awesome, but I don't know if I'll be able to hack the pace. I'm hoping to at least enjoy some exploration before I get bored, though. It does seem like a lovely world.

I've just got to chapter 3 in The Witcher 2. It's taken me 30 hours so far, which is strange as most people seem to complete the game in about 17 hours and I didn't feel like I was idling too much. Great game, maybe my game of the year but i'm at the stage now where I just want to complete it and move on.

Also been playing a bit of track mania and TF2

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Terraria, Frozen Synapse and...

www.tetrisfriends.com
    steam

Fallout New Vegas->Honest Hearts.

As well as an ongoing "Immense galaxy" Galactic Civilizations game. Whew, that one is going to take forever to finish.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Fallout: New Vegas with the Project Nevada mod (first playthrough, but why spoil the game in vanilla?) which is just absurdly great. Damn I love Bethesda games, especially with community fixes, there's nothing else quite like them.

In MP, been playing a little Din's Curse, a bit of Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein (waiting for 2.0, which looks fantastic), and some Spectromancer with the new expansion.

I started back on Dominions 3. And dayum, it's still brilliant.

Titan Quest and Frozen Synapse

Third Wire's Wings over Vietnam. I think it balances realism vs. playability nicely. Kind of reminds me of the old Dynamix Aces sims in that respect.

1. Witcher 2. I am drawing near the end of Chapter 2 (Roche's Path), which was a little bit dull. SPOILER ALERT!! The sequence where you end up in the spirit world had a great feeling to it though. Experiencing the events of the past after you've learned a bit of them through research and conversation made those scenes really atmospheric. END SPOILER ALERT.

2. JA2, Patch 1.13. Just started out to play this game (again), but it is my first time with the 1.13 patch. Looks good so far, although I just have completed the very first battle. Extra equipment slots through backpacks and all that seems like a very neat idea, although right now I am still a bit confused by all the slots. Will probably play this off and on whenever I've got some 15mins to spare.

3. Disciples II. Got it during the GOG sale weekend. I remember having played this game during the early 2000s, but it seemed a bit prettier to me back then. Still fun to play though. Started with the Empire campaign and already found out that different approaches to your party setup yield dramatically different results in battle. One of my favourites is the cheesy Archangel - Squire/Knight combo and the Mage(hero) - Squire/Knight - 2Healer setup, with one frontliner tanking all the damage while getting healed back to nearly full health every turn. I guess this won't work for a long time, but right now it serves me well. Also: The Thief is a nicely designed hero. Love his abilities (poisoning - weakens the enemy party before a battle, duel - fight the leader of the enemy party 1on1).

EDIT: I forgot to mention Mass Effect 2 as a fourth option for my electronic evening amusements. I have to admit that I am playing as female Shepard, but only because I couldn't work out a decent looking male. Also, pink lipstick + pink eye shadow + pink combat suit on a vanguard makes one aggressive bouncing ball.
    Last edited by Squiz; 16-06-2011 at 06:15 PM.

I'm currently playing Episodes From Liberty City, starting with The Lost and The Damned which after the sore experience of GTA4 seems very, very nice.

I've also just finished Witcher 2 and was quite disappointed. I guess some spoilers will follow now, so beware. What I didn't like on the general level was the structure of the game - each chapter corresponds with some sort of central hub and quests around it. It was indeed good for a first chapter, but after that it's really tiring to anticipate and play out the same formula, especially in the third chapter where all I wanted was just to finally finish the game.
    The plot was a bit muddled, and you are expected to constantly swallow many confusing names and facts. I didn't feel puzzled, however, and in the end everything was explained quite well. My grudge with the plot is closely connected with another prominent aspect of the game, and that's how the character of Geralt is represented. He often feels amorphous in his motives, his feelings are intangible but mostly inconsistent (and that was in the books, to some extent; for me, he didn't have distinctive characteristics and was seguing from one quality to the other) . I understand the trick with amnesia was played to give the player ability to make his own choices, so that you can shape your very Geralt, but even sticking to character-defining choices you're left with an amoeba of a character, though with a touch of charisma.
    As it stands, the game lacks balance. Quen is overpowered, there's no need whatsoever to put any points into alchemy tree, and the 'hard' difficulty level fails to provide a decent challenge. Add some annoyances with UI (to be fair, some can already be dealt with by mods), the general feeling of catering towards more mainstream crowd, and you have me disappointed.

Right now I'm looking for more games to plunge into.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker View Post
    Same here. The rush mode never gets old, especially when playing with a squad that works together. Multiplayer gaming bliss.
    Where on earth did you find a squad that works even remotely together? I played only rush for quite a while, then got really bored of being the only guy that was actually rushing and quit BFBC2 completely. Recently I started a new soldier and started playing primarily conquest. That brought the game back to life though the aggressive recon style might have had something to do with that as well. Still have not tried SDM even once, I just don't see the point. Constantly switching kits and weapons has managed to keep the game fresh this time around, though platinuming the more marginal weapons is quite the chore.

I'm also having trouble motivating myself to finish Witcher 2. I was expecting it to be the game to restore my faith in modern actiony RPGs but that hasn't happened. The fights are meaningless by now being able to just button smash my way through any opposition and I'm constantly finding better things to do than slogging through the remainder of the fodder just to get to the story bits again.

Also bought Terraria but it seems I already got the ore hoarding out of my system with Minecraft and haven't gone back to 2D adventuring that often anymore.

Finished vampire, great game but it gets a bit too shooty, less talky in some places, especially towards the end (Hallowbrook and the sewers). on the whole it contains some incredible moments that make the whole experience worth while. Very notable that it only crashed once in the entire time I played it, that must be a new record for PC games that I have played!

I am trying to figure out which game on the backlog I am going to play next, think I will draw up a short list.

Things to start.
    The undergarden
    hitman; blood money
    Machinarium

things to finish.
    Kings bounty: the legend
    Doom 2 (don't really fancy going back to that though)
    or I could give the void another chance.

Any thoughts on those?