Page 120 of 1234 FirstFirst ... 20701101181191201211221301702206201120 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 24667
    Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Network Hub
    Just completed Mirror's Edge finally. My last playthrough got aborted due to getting stuck on a tricky part and giving up, but I'm glad I finally pushed on and finished it. A proper gem of a game.

I finished Warhammer : Space Marine the other day and have started Deus Ex.

I rather enjoyed Space Marine, took me about 6 hours to complete the single player on the lowest difficulty [because I have to many games and not enough time to worry about dying constantly - I'm very much a 'story-orientated' player]. The game was slightly repetitive, but the huge scale of the architecture, the interesting plot and the extremely enjoyable combat system kept me playing.

Deus Ex a few hours in does not impress. I'm not really sure why, it might be to do with the graphics [there's something really ugly about the game to me]. Gameplay seems fairly solid, but I'm not sure I approve of the way the story is being told. Long, drawn out conversations, constant switches from in-game to CGI scenes [that are a lower resolution than the in-game scenes] all mar the experience for me. Am hoping it'll get better.
    Last edited by DzX; 25-12-2011 at 12:09 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    Just completed Mirror's Edge finally. My last playthrough got aborted due to getting stuck on a tricky part and giving up, but I'm glad I finally pushed on and finished it. A proper gem of a game.
    Here here, such a shame they didn't put more of Mirror's Edge's grace into BF3, even if only the single player. Still, mw3 needed "beating" and that is what matters(?).
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

A little bit of everything. A real season of sales.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Started playing Crysis 2 yesterday and it was ok. Only ok though, less fun than Medal of Hono(u)r which was the last FPS I played. And I'm not sure why: I loved Crysis and thought it was one of the best linear (relatively speaking) shooters I've ever played. But this just doesn't work right somehow: the shooting feels clumsy and the levels over-designed/cluttered somehow.

Also started Halo: Reach which is everything I wanted it to be. I wish the later Halo games had come to PC as they really are great. I know they get a lot of stick but when it comes to FPS games these days if it's between a Halo games and a Modern Military Manshoot I'm picking Halo every time.

These are just side-games though as I'm otherwise still pressing on with The Witcher 2 (Roche path). It's fantastic, that's all I can really say.

Merry Christmas everyone! Especially you Wizardry!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Hard Reset sucks!

The weapons are lame, it doesn't get the movement right for this type of game, the areas are too narrow and the enemies are horrible, plus everything explodes so I often die out of nowhere! Also checkpoints.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Was gifted Avadon: The Black Fortress today so have been playing through that; just got to the point where I am let out of the fortress, which probably signifies the end of the "tutorial". Very happy with I've seen so far, the plot and setting are quite original, backed up by some competent writing, and I don't mind the combat-it reminds me of Arcanum's combat, just not horribly clunky and broken.

The Smissmass event has also gotten me back into TF2, and I am now deeply engrossed in the seedy, kill or be killed world of hat trading.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Still, mw3 needed "beating" and that is what matters(?).
    At least they succeeded.

On the PC, MW3 is getting its ass kicked.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    it doesn't get the movement right for this type of game
    That was the exact problem I had with the demo. Anything else negative I could look past, but the movement was unforgivable and of real detriment, I thought.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

I don't know if I'm the most advanced lifeform in the universe and for the sake of humanity I hope I'm not, but playing TF2 does little to disprove it. Still good fun if you manage to find a decent server.
    I seem to be the only person who ever extinguishes people.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    I don't know if I'm the most advanced lifeform in the universe and for the sake of humanity I hope I'm not, but playing TF2 does little to disprove it. Still good fun if you manage to find a decent server.
    I seem to be the only person who ever extinguishes people.
    I am having fun with the new Spy weapon, the spy-cicle; the 2 second to immunity to fire makes infiltration almost too easy (I am one of the those few, the PROUD, who don't use the dead ringer), and boy howdy is it satisfying to turn a person into an ice sculpture.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    I just received Jade Empire for the Christ-o-mas! I am installing it now!
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Stuck on a little netbook while travelling, which greatly limits what I can play, but I got Avadon on sale and that seems good so far. Though I'm wondering if the story is going to be as obvious as it seems already (you're told you're one of the good guys, but the people you're working for are super-facists and you're really doing bad stuff for them).

I've also got the Geneforges to get through which I'm looking forward to.

Played some Cave Story+ and really been enjoying it so far. Bought the Defense Grid DLCs because I was under the impression that it ran on this netbook, but it's a bit too slow to be enjoyable. Still, bought it for a pittance.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    At least they succeeded.

On the PC, MW3 is getting its ass kicked.
    Well, I would suggest that CoD has never really been a heavy hitter on PC. It's always in the top 20 or so of Steam in multiple variations, but really, I don't think CoD has ever been as important for us as it has the console people.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    Well, I would suggest that CoD has never really been a heavy hitter on PC. It's always in the top 20 or so of Steam in multiple variations, but really, I don't think CoD has ever been as important for us as it has the console people.
    Well, the MW series, certainly. Call of duty 1 was one of The Big PC FPS releases of the early 2000's, coming off the hype train of Allied Assault.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Hard Reset sucks!
    Wouldent quite say that, but it sure as hell could have had a bit more work on the gameplay regarding player movement and slightly more intresting enemies (shooting machines over and over felt dull). If I were to tear it a new one for anything it would be the Checkpoint system which really pissed me off.
    Cant fault it on presentation though. A good rig tester and something to kill time with, but there just aint much more to it then that.

Picked up a cheap copy of Saints Row 3, and I'm impressed so far! Lots of ridiculous fun, which is what I bought it for.

Seems like a good port, too. The graphics scale down nicely -- a lot of other recent games look like absolute rubbish with the graphical settings turned down, while still running far worse than older, better-looking games. SR3 looks pretty nice with everything on low, and runs tolerably well on my oldish computer.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I finally got past that horrible "Hidden Cave" part in Cave Story. It's always annoying when a game deprives you of all your high-level weapons, but in Cave Story it's like having your whole party sent back to level one and having to work your way to the top again.

Another niggling thing about this game: there's a part where, if you explore a room and gain an item, you are denied access to a later, better version of that item. The game doesn't tell you this is the case; it just punishes you for exploring and interacting with the world. If I hadn't had a friend warn me right as I was at that part, I would've missed out on the better item without even realizing it. I've also apparently missed a couple of weapons; it feels like the game requires a walkthrough to see everything simply out of poor design.

I think I'm almost on the last boss; I also think this game is really overrated.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Well, the MW series, certainly. Call of duty 1 was one of The Big PC FPS releases of the early 2000's, coming off the hype train of Allied Assault.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    And Call of Duty 2 was one of the best damn FPS games that has ever been made. To see what the series became when it went Modern is a source of much disappointment for me. CoD2 is easily in my top 5 FPS list and I'm always surprised that it doesn't get mentioned more.