Page 121 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 21711111191201211221231311712216211121 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 24080
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    And Call of Duty 2 was one of the best damn FPS games that has ever been made. To see what the series became when it went Modern is a source of much disappointment for me. CoD2 is easily in my top 5 FPS list and I'm always surprised that it doesn't get mentioned more.
    I loved CoD and CoD2. But they didn't blow up the whole series/genre like MW. The genre zeitgeist that was MW is the standard we're now basing new manshoots off of.

Either way, on the PC, BF3 is beating the pants off of MW3 at the sport of manshooting... and I just made this homoerotic. I didn't intend to, honest!
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by MD! View Post
    Picked up a cheap copy of Saints Row 3, and I'm impressed so far! Lots of ridiculous fun, which is what I bought it for.

Seems like a good port, too. The graphics scale down nicely -- a lot of other recent games look like absolute rubbish with the graphical settings turned down, while still running far worse than older, better-looking games. SR3 looks pretty nice with everything on low, and runs tolerably well on my oldish computer.
    I wish I could say the same. It ran fine for me until the overworld unlocked, and then even with everything turned low/off it still barely hits the heady heights of 30fps.

On the other hand, Skyrim quite handily runs on high. HMM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    Just completed Mirror's Edge finally. My last playthrough got aborted due to getting stuck on a tricky part and giving up, but I'm glad I finally pushed on and finished it. A proper gem of a game.
    There's some nasty difficulty spikes in the game for sure that do detract from the experience (plus the godawful combat). I'm hoping that DICE do get the opportunity to make a sequel though, as the mechanics were great.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    There's some nasty difficulty spikes in the game for sure that do detract from the experience (plus the godawful combat). I'm hoping that DICE do get the opportunity to make a sequel though, as the mechanics were great.
    Definitely. If nothing else, DICE created the foundation for what could be a great series. If they fixed (or even removed) combat, and evened out the difficulty a little, Mirror's Edge 2 could be great. Oh, and they need to work on the story a bit more - I don't think it ever really seemed all that great/interesting, although it was functional. Rhianna Pratchett needs to be brought back to write the sequel however, and if DICE don't hire Solar Fields to do the soundtrack again, I will throw a bit of a hissy fit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    Definitely. If nothing else, DICE created the foundation for what could be a great series. If they fixed (or even removed) combat, and evened out the difficulty a little, Mirror's Edge 2 could be great. Oh, and they need to work on the story a bit more - I don't think it ever really seemed all that great/interesting, although it was functional. Rhianna Pratchett needs to be brought back to write the sequel however, and if DICE don't hire Solar Fields to do the soundtrack again, I will throw a bit of a hissy fit.
    I'd go with fixing the combat rather than removing it. I wasn't adverse to it, it just didn't work that well when it was required in terms of responsiveness. Also albeit it was likely a case of technological limitations, I'd really like a sequel to feature some sequences where you are down in the streets navigating through crowds and traffic (bonnet slide ftw) rather than up in the rooftops all the time. I recall late in the game you do actually get down to ground level at one point and I was pretty disappointed that there wasn't any opportunity for engagement with the populace.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    I'd go with fixing the combat rather than removing it. I wasn't adverse to it, it just didn't work that well when it was required in terms of responsiveness. Also albeit it was likely a case of technological limitations, I'd really like a sequel to feature some sequences where you are down in the streets navigating through crowds and traffic (bonnet slide ftw) rather than up in the rooftops all the time. I recall late in the game you do actually get down to ground level at one point and I was pretty disappointed that there wasn't any opportunity for engagement with the populace.
    I'd go with fixing, too. I think if it was replaced with dreaded QTEs, I think the combat could work well. If it was scripted, I think it'd keep in line with the way the game works.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    dreaded QTEs
    No. Mirror's Edge is a game about flow. That's as silly as adding QTEs to a Ninja Gaiden game... And they did that.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    No. Mirror's Edge is a game about flow. That's as silly as adding QTEs to a Ninja Gaiden game... And they did that.
    If implemented right, they could flow.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Personally, I'd pretty much remove it completely, or limit it to very specific points. Also, no QTEs please, just... no. I'm with Sabrage on this one, it'd kill the "flow".

On-Topic: Just finished AssRev, while the game was indeed more of the same like everyone else was saying, it felt nice to finally give closure to Alta´r and Ezio's stories. All in all, I don't regret the purchase. And what little I've played of online seems quite fun.

Network Hub
    Working my way through some Steam winter achievement games:

E.Y.E -- This game is bizarre as hell. The guns feel off, the interface is horrid but something about it clicked with me. Not sure what it was but I'll spend more time with it soon.

Hard Reset -- I really liked the atmosphere, the between mission comic panels, the enemies, the weapons. Once I get a bit more free time (and some better hardware components) I'll put some more time into it.

Costume Quest / Psychonauts -- I never played either before, and my first Double Fine game was Brutal Legend, which I really didn't like at all. However, these two games are charming, funny, and a real delight to play; I originally wasn't going to bother with any of Double Fine's stuff (yea, I disliked Brutal Legend that much) but I'm glad I changed my mind. Hopefully Trenched hits PC as well like its rumored too.

Jamestown -- This game is always amazing.

Fate of the World -- Ditto.

Killing Floor -- I don't play it much anymore (the format got old to me after awhile) but I have fun with it every couple of months. The Christmas event is always great.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I get the impression DICE want to work on Mirror's Edge 2, but because of its questionable sales, it might not be possible. I'd have thought DICE alone would've maintained something of a buffer with a string of successful titles; 1943, BC2 and BF3 all easily surpassed development costs (1943 in particular). It's not like their previous titles completely failed either.

There's been a lot of suggestions on what to do with an ME2 as well, from themselves and the internet and it's one of those few times where apart from the odd person suggesting 'More combat', they pretty much all lend themselves well to that idea of the game. It's astonishing how a few tweaks would take it from a good-but-flawed to an amazing game, especially when things like audio and visual design is already perfect.