Page 123 of 1157 FirstFirst ... 23731131211221231241251331732236231123 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 23133
    Network Hub
    Trust me, when you open your map, and you see the purple dots moving around at all different locations and some of them capping a turret and running off, the rest of the team definitely didn't understand defense ;)

You can tell the Jedi definitely knew how to win -- they capped the middle first, built up a sizable defense, then capped the generator that our team wasn't currently capping and delegated a few men there. They would send out their star player to cap the generator no one was defending while our team tried in vain to grab one of the other two generators.

Once the guy capped our generator, the entire team rushed back to cap it, leaving the other two turrets to just wildly fire at our ship. Not once did anyone other than myself stay and try to defend the one turret after capping it, and often the team would split up and go their separate ways rather than mount a strong offensive.

A lot of the Jedi side were long range fighters who set up a good defense in the middle; I'd constantly see the same team members see that the middle is empty, run in to cap it only to get shot down almost instantly. This occurred numerous times, like my team never quite figured out why they were dying.

In every PvP match I've played, the Jedi side has always had strong tactics and good teamwork; I can't say the same for the Sith, which, in my experience, looks to be largely populated by younger players.

After a few matches, I was just doing it for the close to 10,000 exp I got just for participating.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I beat Cave Story. I don't know if it's just a case of PC gamers never experiencing Metroid and Castlevania, or just the fact that it's free, but I personally thought it was kind of a shitty game.

On to Wipeout HD, which I really adore. Also, who was complaining about rubberband AI in this game? I've won races where the competition was literally nowhere near me, and I generally don't get screwed over by cheesy weapon because the game actually warns you when they're coming. And when they do hit me, it never feels unbalanced. They aren't nearly as devastating as Mario Kart's weapons.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss View Post
    In every PvP match I've played, the Jedi side has always had strong tactics and good teamwork; I can't say the same for the Sith, which, in my experience, looks to be largely populated by younger players.
    And now I can say that in every much I've played, the Sith have always had strong tactics and good teamwork :P But yeah, good players will be good wherever, bad players will bring down everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    On to Wipeout HD, which I really adore. Also, who was complaining about rubberband AI in this game? I've won races where the competition was literally nowhere near me, and I generally don't get screwed over by cheesy weapon because the game actually warns you when they're coming. And when they do hit me, it never feels unbalanced. They aren't nearly as devastating as Mario Kart's weapons.
    Wipeout HD is really the only reason I want a PS3 because I love the series. The tracks, colours, music; all fantastic. I agree with the weapons, too. Far, far more balanced than MK.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Wipeout HD is really the only reason I want a PS3 because I love the series. The tracks, colours, music; all fantastic. I agree with the weapons, too. Far, far more balanced than MK.
    Well I certainly wouldn't call it a system-seller, but there really is nothing quite like it. I think that the upcoming Vita release is going to include all the same tracks and modes (as well as new ones obviously) if that's more your pace.

Oh God, Wipeout HD. I quite like how the game reminds me of F-Zero without the crazy car models it had. Tough races at over 400km/h in beautiful race tracks is ecstasy. Although, sometimes, I felt like it just need more speed to be truly a game that truly rivals F-Zero. Okay, now I really need a PS3 for Wipeout and fix my PC so it can run F-Zero GX on Dolphin.

Since we're also talking about console games here and there, I'm playing through Shadow Complex, which is...okay.. It's pretty good, actually, I just hate the setting and the utter blandness of it. The combat blows, too, with its wonky background aiming. The powerups, for the most part, aren't very imaginative at all. I'm probably 2/3 of the way through the game, and it's more or less Metroidvania-by-numbers. But since I love Metroid and Castlevania, I guess I'm okay with it.

On the PC side, I admit to whoring myself out for Steam's holiday achievements. EVEN THE FREE TO PLAY ONES. Rise of Immortals and Crimecraft have scarred me forever.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    the upcoming Vita release is going to include all the same tracks and modes
    Interesting to note, but I doubt it. I don't think I'd be able to play Wipeout that isn't the HD version on the PS3. It just looks magnificent. And no, it isn't a system seller, but that pushes me far more than something like Uncharted 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Miker View Post
    Since we're also talking about console games here and there, I'm playing through Shadow Complex, which is...okay.. It's pretty good, actually, I just hate the setting and the utter blandness of it. The combat blows, too, with its wonky background aiming.
    I attempted to go back to it several times, with the last time putting the most effort in, but I found it pretty boring. I never completed it and didn't see why it had received as much of the praise as it had done. It had great production values, but aside from that I didn't really think it had much going for it. Still, testament to the strength of XBLA. If Windows 8 is promised to bridge XBL/A with the PC, it should mean we get quicker access to XBLA titles, which is where I've spent a lot of time over the last couple of years. (Hell, I remember trying to farm for rare elites in WoW and playing Bomberman at the same time!)
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

@JG Man

I suspect it has something to do with it being the /only/ Metroidvania style game on current-gen consoles. Metroid: Other M was the only other game that could have been a 2D successor, and from what I hear, it, er, wasn't. Castlevania has seen that one multiplayer XBLA game and Lord of Shadows, neither of which are exactly tied to the classic formula. Shadow Complex is kind of good by default.

Activated Node
    I'm playing with AI War: Fleet Command and trying to:

1) Beat it in single player.
    2) Actually play it multiplayer and see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Miker View Post
    @JG Man

I suspect it has something to do with it being the /only/ Metroidvania style game on current-gen consoles. Metroid: Other M was the only other game that could have been a 2D successor, and from what I hear, it, er, wasn't. Castlevania has seen that one multiplayer XBLA game and Lord of Shadows, neither of which are exactly tied to the classic formula. Shadow Complex is kind of good by default.
    I hate to give recommendations for games I haven't played, but Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, LaserCat, this "Opac's Journey" thing, and Outland might be worth your time. I actually bought ITSP the other day and meant to start it up but my 20 gig hard drive is all full up :/ I happened to love Shadow Planet; the actual map and powers were a lot of fun, at least to me, and it has some excellent boss fights. My only complaint about the game is, on the whole, it's a bit easy.

Myself, I plan on going back to good ol' Tomba! when I get the chance. Probably the most overlooked Metroidvania game ever.

Really, I'm still waiting for this style of game to evolve to 3D adventure games. I actually think that Demon's Souls might be the closest we've come.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Insecticide: Part One
    A sadly unfinished game (at least on PC), with the second part supposed to be released three and a half years ago. Whilst it now looks a little dated, it's still quite a good looking game. Crisp and fairly clear. The controls are simplistic as hell, too, and they work... but it's not perfect. The combat feels a little sloppy and unbalanced, and the adventure sections are really not hard, more putting stuff in the right place (sounds obvious, but it's not as simple as it sounds). There's a good sense of humour though, with the bug related puns and stuff, and the weaponry is nicely diverse.

Could be a bit better, though, but for what it is? Awesome.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Battlefield 3 to pump me up, SimCity 4 to unpump me.

Five things:

1. I love canister shot.
    2. I really love canister shot.
    3. I love attack chopper pilots who buzz me at low altitude, stop, turn around and attempt to buzz me a second time. Why, thank you for the free shot! BOOMkchunkBOOM
    4. I love suicide jeeps that come at me head on. Oh, joy! BOOMkchunkBOOM
    5. Playing SimCity is like tending a garden, constant pruning and working, but without the zen reflections.
    Last edited by Nalano; 28-12-2011 at 01:08 AM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Playing SimCity is like tending a garden, constant pruning and working, but without the zen reflections.
    It's like taking care a bunch of hyperactive preschoolers to me. Man, I always end up making a dirty, overcrowded, jumbled up mess of a city with laughable income every time I start making a new one in SimCity 4! Just couldn't get enough of it, though.

You found any good Rush/Conquest servers in Battlefield 3? Tried to get used to the Conquest mode in BC2 but that place was infested with hacks and base-rapes, it's practically unplayable.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    You found any good Rush/Conquest servers in Battlefield 3? Tried to get used to the Conquest mode in BC2 but that place was infested with hacks and base-rapes, it's practically unplayable.
    I play almost exclusively Conquest Large, and the only server on my favorites list is the one run by [BBB]: 66.150.155.213.25200
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Thanks, man

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Just finished The Book of Unwritten Tales which didn't end so much as stop. It's like if the good guys threw Sauron's ring into the ocean and said "whelp, that ought ta do it." Not only is is extremely anticlimactic, but it also fails to solve the overall problem - there's a badass evil which is tearing the land apart with or without the artefact. The characters inhabit a post-apocolyptic fantasy land where entire cities have only one or two residents each (they actually address this and offer "everyone else is dead" as an explanation). Talk about a hollow victory!

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    1. I love attack chopper pilots who buzz me at low altitude, stop, turn around and attempt to buzz me a second time. Why, thank you for the free shot! BOOMkchunkBOOM
    Not really related, but reminds me of Saints Row 3. You know, when you make enough of a fuss (i.e. you run over about thirty guys, then back up on them and then shooting them in the groin with a huge shotgun) gangs and police start sending helicopters at you. With snipers on the sides. Hovering in place while said snipers line up a shot. Well, they're about to learn the joys of being headshotted by a dual .45 with explosive bullets.

Like most people, I've been playing some of my Christmas purchases.

I bought a bunch of adventure games in the Gog sale, one of them being Broken Sword 2. I played the first game years ago and quite enjoyed it; hopefully it can satisfy my current adventure game craving.

I was intrigued enough to invest in Payday: The Heist when it was a daily Steam deal. As most have commented, it does owe a huge debt to Left 4 Dead; but it also feels different. The police come at you in waves, but combat occurs at a distance, meaning you have to take cover quite frequently, unlike when you're fighting zombies.

I'm still obsessed with Batman: Arkham City. I bought the discounted DLC and now I'm working my way through both Robin and Nightwing's Riddler challenges. The combat and stealth in this game are both absolutely superb.

Network Hub
    I have beaten Binding of Isaac for the first time. After 16 hours. Well, the game is AWESOME! I am really glad I bought it because it is crazy fun and sometimes even frustrating. Probably game of the year for me :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Been playing a bit of Nuclear Dawn with some friends, we picked it up for offer at Amazon one of these past days; it's an interesting blend of RTS and FPS, and while it's kinda rough around the edges, I have to say, the game makes me feel like I'm a soldier in the NOD or GDI, depending on which team I'm playing for. The game kinda feels like what a multiplayer C&C FPS should be.

P.S. I'm in (manly) love with your current avatar, Unrav.