Page 139 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 39891291371381391401411491892396391139 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 24073
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Got bored with Ocarina of Time, decided to try out Jet Force Gemini... Holy shit this game is weird/hard. I don't know if I like it or not.

Edit: Hmm, I thought this would be fairly lighthearted action-shooter fare, but apparently it's a 30+ hour ordeal of collecting and secrets. I'm gonna put this on the shelf for now.
    Last edited by sabrage; 12-01-2012 at 03:29 AM.

I'm playing Abobo's big Adventure. I'm up to the Megaman levels.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Got bored with Ocarina of Time, decided to try out Jet Force Gemini... Holy shit this game is weird/hard. I don't know if I like it or not.
    Jet Force Gemini is a great game, but collecting dudes and starship parts can get boring and/or frustrating. I loved how you could come back to earlier levels after progressing in the storyline and visit completely new areas. Also: Lupus ftw.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Still plodding along with Gemini Rue. A bit stuck with both characters at the moment, so a little bit frustrating, but I like the setting enough to continue.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Just finished L.A. Noire. To my disappointment it is one hell of linear game, so linear that I felt like play a Japanese visual novel. The only different is that you have to use control to move around. Everything in the game is completely scripted, the only freedom you have is to rather answer call from colleagues over radio for helps, i.e. side-quest.

A very touching story though, I so much feel for Cole Phelps.

And finishing this game leaves me no game to play for the moment.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Matzerath View Post
    I'm playing Abobo's big Adventure. I'm up to the Megaman levels.
    Enjoy it while it lasts -- I see a cease and desist coming from Nintendo any day now. The game is getting way too much exposure on too many sites (I've seen it on both Joystiq and RPS this morning -- I assume its hit the other big sites as well) and Nintendo isn't the type of company to let people use its sprites (and music) for this sort of thing when they catch wind.

Especially the fact they are taking donations, which Nintendo will view as profiting off of their work.

Hell, if this was parodying Sega it would have already been taken down, as they are even worse for this sort of thing.

It is a pretty awesome game, though.
    Last edited by Roufuss; 12-01-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    Just finished L.A. Noire. To my disappointment it is one hell of linear game, so linear that I felt like play a Japanese visual novel. The only different is that you have to use control to move around. Everything in the game is completely scripted, the only freedom you have is to rather answer call from colleagues over radio for helps, i.e. side-quest.

A very touching story though, I so much feel for Cole Phelps.

And finishing this game leaves me no game to play for the moment.
    I just finished it too. I am not sure if I liked it or hated it, but it is probably a mix of both. I really liked the story and the entire concept was a fresh breeze, but there were quite a few things that were jarring. As you say it is very very linear, as in it does not exactly matter whether you do well or bad, from what I could tell. Secondly, the amount of times I literally face palmed when my character starts to shout obscenities or just completely ignore whatever clues I might have picked up in interviews is just plain annoying. A dialogue system akin to a more traditional RPG would have worked much better, imo. Also, a large number of bugs kept popping up at the most unwanted times. For instance when a pretty lady is coercing a man or whatever her face's textures starts tearing and going from nicely (in terms of what the game delivers) to a porridge of low quality pixels which makes it look like some Lovecraftian horror. Also, the sounds and music are quite buggy which break the experience quite a bit, several times I could hear a punch or a glass break or whatever 10 seconds before it actually happened in the cutscene, also at the end of the game the last action scene music (quite dramatic and inappropriate for the last scene of the game) kept playing over what would otherwise be a slightly moving scene..

Oh well, worth the 10 I paid for it I guess. Oh and one more thing, this setting and engine would have made Mafia 2 a great game.

Sequence is now eating all of my solo gaming time, I am loving it to bits. Once I finish the story I suspect I will be drawn in to completing all the achievements, something that I very rarely do in games.

I also introduced my wife to Trine. I had only played the introduction so I could save it for co-op play and I'm glad I did as I think whilst good by myself, it will be much better played with another.

Edited to remove dodgy emboldenmentness.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckee View Post
    Oh and one more thing, this setting and engine would have made Mafia 2 a great game.
    Interesting, I feel that Mafia 2 had a far superior engine (looked amazing, ran like silk, whereas L.A. Noire had moments of sublime ugliness) and was, well, a superior game.

I recently finished The Missing Link, the Human Revolution DLC. All in all, I enjoyed it! The main black spot on it is the fact that you have to backtrack across a fairly small area a couple times. But the ship and Rifleman Bank Station are both cool areas, and it was nice to have a little shot of Human Revolution gameplay. The boss at the end, as had been said, was a much better boss experience than any in the main game. I got it for $5 on sale, and I would have felt OK with $10 -- the $15 asking price is too high, IMO.

Continuing The First Templar, which remains an enjoyable, low-budget romp through ye olde slashy-times.

Also playing UFO: Afterlight, which I am liking a lot. Not very like X-COM (which is a clear inspiration), but a very interesting strategy layer/tactical combat game in which you lead a colony of humans on Mars. It has a kind of story that evolves when certain events happen, which I like. For example, my advisers just ...hinted... that if I turn on an alien race that I am currently allied with I could take their precious metal resources and advanced technology. Tempting! But I like having some friends on this hellhole. There's a nice narrative feeling to everything (each character has a little "history" dossier where you can learn about their background... there was a great moment when the best soldier in the colony, and old woman (really! She was a veteran of wars with mutants on Earth) was stunned (knocked out) by a surprise attack. The rest of the squad was already fleeing, so I sent two of them back for her, but before they could intervene the old soldier was killed. Panicked retreat back to the ship for takeoff.

And lastly, I am playing Race for the Galaxy AI, an AI adaptation of the card game. It is so good! It's free, it's authorized by the game makers, and it's excellent. Download it, spend ten minutes reading over the rules (game rules here), and play a few games. Put on some galactic music in the background.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Serious Sam First Encounter HD.

Holy sh-WHY HAVE I RUN OUT OF MINIGUN AMMO?!

Great game. Loving it.