Page 14 of 1239 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624641145141014 ... LastLast
    Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy. This same feeling like with CMBO 10 years ago.Actually ,much much better.Simply outstanding.
    Mucho fun.

At the moment, I'm playing a couple of games; SupCom:FA, Homeworld 2 and SoaSE: Entrenchment.
    Building, fixing and using PCs since 1999. Only PCs. Always PCs.

Obscure Node
    Just finished rattling through Hitman Blood Money, it really is quite fun! Controlling 47 can be a little awkward at times and I'd expect in the next game Hitman: Subtitle he'll be updated to a fluid and bendy assassin. Just hope they don't strip away the sandbox nature that I love...

@RDFG:
    IMHO the best engine (and most stable, especially when it comes to mod support) is FitzQuake. This engine focuses on bug fixing, stability and extending engine limits without compromising the game's style (many engines add extra effects which, while they look good by themselves, do not fit in the game's style). Unfortunately i don't think it supports ogg soundtrack. DarkPlaces does, but as far as mod support comes, it is the worst (this is by design: DarkPlaces was made mostly for original works and it fixes some bugs that the game and mods came to depend upon).

Beyond engines, any serious Quake 1 player *has* to have the Quake Injector, which is an automated downloader and installer for singleplayer custom maps and mods using Quaddicted's database. Basically it can be thought as "Steam for Quake mods", minus the store of course.

And since i mentioned all these, i think i might play a bit of the game :-P.
    ~bs~

Obscure Node
    Team Fortress 2, Spiral Knights, Wind and Water puzzle Battles.

Alice Madness Returns,it has some annoying bugs and glitches but i like it,nice art style,environments and level design,good platforming and pretty enjoyable combat.

Currently very slowly drudging my way through Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, and I'm getting the impression that I should have played the second installment before trying this. No matter, nothing a little shotgun assisted brain surgery can't cure in BFBC2 on the side.

Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012. Always liked the game but never really got into the actual card side, too expensive and I've never really known anyone else who plays it. The 1997 game and this are more than enough for me. The lack of customisation on Planeswalkers is a bit iffy but all the decks they give are pretty excellently well-rounded and, most importantly, it's just a really fun game. Lots of great game modes as well.

Network Hub
    @Flabberghast: Yeah, you really should. Assassin's Creed 1 ended up being really, really grindy and super repetitive, but 2 is genuinely an excellent game and I'm having a huge amount of fun times with it right now.

Edit: Yeah, I'm actually playing through Assassin's Creed 2 at the moment and will be watching Brotherhood like a hawk for a price drop.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Currently playing ass creed 1, yes its grindy but I'm not too bothered because I have been enjoying running about and killing people.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 20-06-2011 at 08:52 AM.

Played my way through the first couple of chapters of The Witcher (1) this week and enjoying it but find it hard going. Its not difficult, just laborious. Humorous in parts though, so I'll persevere, especially as everyone seems to find the sequel an improvement.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Fallout: New Vegas. If I knew it's so good I would have bought it at launch. This is the real Fallout 3 as far as I'm concerned.
    Obsidian fixed almost all the problems I had with Bethesda's game. And the plot and quests are genuinely interesting, as opposed to Bethesda's full retard take on Fallout.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Ironically, I'm running down fast on New Vegas. I loved Fallout 3, particularly with FWE, but New Vegas is just too damned populated and plot driven to be the game I want. I'm looking for a desolate survival experience and it's giving me suites and unlimited clean water. I'm looking for desperate, lonely fights against other scavengers and it's got 5 factions beating down my door to be my friend. It seems like a perfectly nice RPG, I suppose, but there's no "post apocalypse" here in any meaningful sense, there's simply way too much civilization. In fairness, in lieu of a survival experience it gives you an unbelievable crapton of quests to do, factions to befriend/betray, and lots of story, but I'd rather be stumbling across a mad scientist's lair while scrounging for food and such, ala FO3/FWE. I like making my own stories more than having them told to me, and I like exploring more than doing quests.

I think maybe I need to stop and try coming back to it with a completely different set of expectations. I don't think it's a bad game, it's just not the game I wanted it to be. The last thing I was expecting was a deeply story-driven RPG when I initially booted it up, maybe when I actually feel like playing something with a story I'll come back to it. actually, it wouldn't hurt for Project Nevada to develop a bit more too, it (or the base game, can't really tell) is getting progressively less stable the further I get.

Anyway, aside from alternately hammering at and throwing up my hands in frustration towards FO: NV, I'm also dabbling in some Spectromancer and Din's Curse.
    Last edited by vinraith; 20-06-2011 at 03:12 AM.

Obscure Node
    Bulletstorm, which is very enjoyable, brain-off fun. Keep being dragged back by the lure of "a quick go" on TF2 also, although the vast swathes of new options - primarily dedicated to headgear - confuse and scare me.

Not playing: Brink. Bought it, installed it, played it...played it a little more, grimaced, left it alone, tried to raise the enthusiasm to go back to it, failed.
    I think it was the constant shouting which put me off. Everyone on the team, shouting, all the time, stopping only occasionally when some hapless opponent walked around a corner alone to pump bullets into his corpse (yes, his corpse - he'd actually be dead within approximately 0.5 nanoseconds, given that he walked into four large, angry men with guns cocked and ready - so most of us were just riddling a corpse with enough holes to make a creditable impersonation of Swiss cheese) Resume shouting, ad nauseum.

Really should be playing: Terrarium. Bought it, played it a little a few weeks ago and enjoyed it, although found it a little "fiddly" to begin with. Will get back to it post-Bulletstorm, unless something enormous is released, like say...oh...a sequel to Deus Ex *chortle*. What's that you say? A sequel to Deu....oh dear, I may be some time.

Finally got round to finishing Portal 2. I had been feeling a little underwhelmed by it, but the closing section won me over.

I picked up Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit a while back as something to tide me over til Dirt 3 came out, and had not played it at all. Last week I picked up Dirt 3, and ended up just discovering that I enjoy Hot Pursuit more. Whatever, videogames.

Hot Pursuit is a lot of fun though -- I love how the cops/racers dynamic works and it does provide a decent amount of variety. The only problem is that it's taxing my ageing computer a bit and gets quite stuttery at times.

Bad Company 2 of course (for some strange reason It's probably game I played the most on MP), I played some Blue Shift but it sucks balls... Oh yeah and on Xbox (yea, I know it's a PC forum) I'm playing Assassin's Creed 2.

Mass Effect 2 and The Witcher 2. Which frankly is excessive RPG sequelness to be playing at the same time. Need something else to divert my time. Might re-install tf2 for some shooty shooty

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Freedom Force - For Freedom!

I ended up having to start again because I didn’t have any electrical based heroes to fight the robots, and it turns out Sean Connery’s Aqua Man kicks serious ass. Even his annoying child sidekick was nigh on untouchable thanks to her ridiculous agility.

I'm on a mini-vacation at the moment and staying a single night at a hotel. I installed Splinter Cell: Conviction on my Macbook with the idea I would finally start it. Did you guys know Ubi still hasn't patched out their DRM? That games probably a year old at this point. It's unplayable on the hotel's Internet. Every half-second, I'm getting the stupid message that it's lost connectivity to their servers.

Instead, I've been seriously enjoying Avadon on my iPad. The game is pretty much perfect on the platform. Besides that, it seems to be a really good game regardless of platform.

I've been going through all of my Heretic wads trying to strip it down to only the best ones. It sure is a slog getting through all the crap but it's worth it when I get to one of the really good ones.