Page 152 of 1182 FirstFirst ... 521021421501511521531541622022526521152 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 23622
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    They said that was the plan from the start.
    I do wonder how cheap the game will be when its finally not screwed, its already regularly about 8
    Yes, but lots of strategy devs say that, few follow through.

As to the price, I'm sure it will be cheap. My concern is that due to the launch we'll never see the planned expansions, let alone another sequel.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    My concern is that due to the launch we'll never see the planned expansions, let alone another sequel.
    What a fiasco that was and, though it would be a shame, they wouldn't really have anyone to blame but themselves. Kerberos can produce some interesting games, but they really need a lot of work when it comes to interfacing appropriately with practically anyone else.
    While I am as ignorant and irrational as the next man, I am also arrogant enough to assume I possess these qualities in greater abundance than is strictly normal and foolish enough to think that that's worth bragging about.

Quote Originally Posted by vecordae View Post
    What a fiasco that was and, though it would be a shame, they wouldn't really have anyone to blame but themselves. Kerberos can produce some interesting games, but they really need a lot of work when it comes to interfacing appropriately with practically anyone else.
    Mostly that was business mismanagement, as far as I can tell. It was a desperation release for a cash infusion, but while I agree that they have no one to blame but themselves I'd really hate to see it kill them. I really want to see those expansions!

Back to topic, I've been playing the beginning of Dreamfall. So far so good, but I can already tell the craptastic combat is going to be a pain.
    Last edited by vinraith; 24-01-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Activated Node
    I am playing X3: Albion Prelude and Defender Quest tonight. I will have exactly three grand old times while doing so. If the amount of fun you are having is sub par I can be convinced to part with one of them.
    While I am as ignorant and irrational as the next man, I am also arrogant enough to assume I possess these qualities in greater abundance than is strictly normal and foolish enough to think that that's worth bragging about.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Decided to give VVVVVV a shot as it's in my backlog from a bundle purchase. Felt like I played it for a good chunk of time, but in the end it was only 30 minutes - long enough to realise it's not my sort of game. I probably only stuck with it for 15 of the 30 minutes because the music is fantastic.

It's an old-school difficult platformer, which I appreciate as a response to the hand-holding that happens in many modern games, but it's not a style of game I generally appreciate. Something about the aesthetic of Super Meat Boy appeals to me but nothing about VVVVVV grabs me quite enough to put up with the difficulty and frustration.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    Finished The Saboteur for the second time last night. Very good game, worth the replay. It's only beaten by Just Cause 2 in the open-world-driving-and-explosions sweepstakes.
    I know, just discovered this after getting it cheap off D2D, its a much better game than I ever expected.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Back to topic, I've been playing the beginning of Dreamfall. So far so good, but I can already tell the craptastic combat is going to be a pain.
    Thankfully it doesn't feature much and seems to realise its own shortcomings because it errs on the side of easy. The stealth always annoyed me a lot more. Still one of my favourite games though as I'm a sucker for developed characters and a great tale.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Thankfully it doesn't feature much and seems to realise its own shortcomings because it errs on the side of easy. The stealth always annoyed me a lot more. Still one of my favourite games though as I'm a sucker for developed characters and a great tale.
    The story is great, the characters are great, but every single aspect of actual gameplay is horrible. I've played a bit further tonight and I can state definiteively that the puzzles are based on moon logic, the combat is clunky and awful, the stealth is crap, even the movement feels shoddy. There's no reason this should be a game, basically, it'd be so much better if it weren't interactive at all. I guess I'll go find a let's play or something, because I'm pretty much done.
    Last edited by vinraith; 25-01-2012 at 03:20 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It's Quadtastic Bundle launch day and the first game I tried was Slydris.

Given that Radian are mainly known for shooters, I wondered what a puzzle from them would be like.

3 hours later I was still enjoying the hell out of it. It's one of those puzzles where you can never be too screwed, if you have your head-on right. It has that 'just one more go' factor too - love it!!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    The story is great, the characters are great, but every single aspect of actual gameplay is horrible. I've played a bit further tonight and I can state definiteively that the puzzles are based on moon logic, the combat is clunky and awful, the stealth is crap, even the movement feels shoddy. There's no reason this should be a game, basically, it'd be so much better if it weren't interactive at all. I guess I'll go find a let's play or something, because I'm pretty much done.
    That's a shame. I feel that losing the interactivity you have will be detrimental to the entire experience. I actually found the puzzles preferable to those in The Longest Journey, with only a sound-based one being really silly because it was easy to miss the solution. There is too much backtracking with a slow movement speed though, that's what annoyed me the most in the gameplay.
    I know there's an LP over on the Something Awful database but I'm not sure of the quality. Or if it has someone talking over it the entire time which would kind of kill things.

Play Gemini Rue, then look at how stupid so much of TLJ is (I loved the first few hours though). Moon logic indeed.

Network Hub
    Lately I decided that I'm going to try one or two Wizardry games. Started with Wizardry 8 and have just gotten through the monastery and am now wandering through Arnika Road. Also attempted to play Wizardrys 6, 7 and the Iphone one. Wizardry 6 dislikes my computer, Wizardry 7 doesn't seem to want me to equip my dudes and the Iphone one has awful controls, so Wizardry 8 is it for now. Also been messing around with Star Trek Online and Might and Magic IV-V still.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Sigh, turn there is not many human players around for Unreal Tournament 3. Play a few rounds and I realized that I was actually playing with bots. Why they operate servers with bots crawling around?

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    I actually found the puzzles preferable to those in The Longest Journey

They probably are, actually, if my memory is accurate. They're still beyond my "fiddly obnoxiousness" threshold though, and I'm only willing to consult a walkthrough so often before I decide I'm wasting my time.

There is too much backtracking with a slow movement speed though, that's what annoyed me the most in the gameplay.
    Yup. When I saw the "Longest Journey" subtitle this is not what I had in mind.

I know there's an LP over on the Something Awful database but I'm not sure of the quality. Or if it has someone talking over it the entire time which would kind of kill things.
    I say that, but the reality is I'll probably never do it. That's a shame, I'd like to know how the story ends, but I'm only willing to fight bad design so hard before I move on to something I enjoy playing as well as watching.
    Last edited by vinraith; 25-01-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicolor View Post
    Lately I decided that I'm going to try one or two Wizardry games. Started with Wizardry 8 and have just gotten through the monastery and am now wandering through Arnika Road. Also attempted to play Wizardrys 6, 7 and the Iphone one. Wizardry 6 dislikes my computer, Wizardry 7 doesn't seem to want me to equip my dudes and the Iphone one has awful controls, so Wizardry 8 is it for now. Also been messing around with Star Trek Online and Might and Magic IV-V still.
    What iPhone one? Must be Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizardry View Post
    What iPhone one? Must be Japanese.
    Google spat this out
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wizar...438372850?mt=8

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    BONECRAFT

Nah, just a survival/wandery Fallout 3 playthrough (though the constant crashing is harshing my mellow...I'll have to retweak fallout.ini, no doubt) and DE:HR.
    Last edited by squareking; 27-01-2012 at 04:19 PM.
    steam

Finished Crysis 2. Pretty damn good, all things considered. Not really sure why I didn't hear more hubbub about it around launchtime.

Activated Node
    Still playing Terraria. Just defeated the wall of flesh, and suddenly the game got a lot less fun, and contains a lot more gravestones. They weren't kidding about Hardmode.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    That's Skyrim's main quest done.

Eh. Ehhhh. It just kind of ends, which is really disappointing. I'd have thought that there'd be more to it, but obviously not. The final boss fight is also insanely underwhelming (at level 34, anyway).

Will post more in the Skyrim topic.