Page 163 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 631131531611621631641651732132636631163 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,260 of 24098
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Skyrim. 74 hours since I got it seven days ago according to Steam, all with the same character and I suspect I haven't finished more than at most 20% of the game (haven't joined the Dark Brotherhood or the Thieves Guild or finished the Companion questline, for one thing).
    Rather nice game and it runs pretty well on my laptop, much to my surprise.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    I can only affirm that the German voice-cast for Drakensang is actually outstanding for a change. ;)

Now you know what we Germans suffer through whenever we get one of your games dubbed!
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    I can only affirm that the German voice-cast for Drakensang is actually outstanding for a change. ;)
    That's what I heard on the dtp forums, but you can't get the game's voice in German unless you take the sound files from a German edition. Yay...

I would love to try the game in german, with english ui. That would be excellent.
    Last edited by Chevy; 06-02-2012 at 10:59 PM.

The German audiofolder is around 860 Megabytes... if you have a FTP hidden away somewhere, PM me and I'll attempt to upload it the next time I have time to do so.
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.

Network Hub
    Got a copy of Soul Calibur V, so it's been that. Getting beaten up and beating up online so far.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar

Now you know what we Germans suffer through whenever we get one of your games dubbed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    That's what I heard on the dtp forums, but you can't get the game's voice in German unless you take the sound files from a German edition. Yay...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    I would love to try the game in german, with english ui. That would be excellent.
    This leads onto a concept/thing I've been meaning to ask about for a while. Is there a way to get the extra language subtitle options in games without having to do anything too weird? This question mainly concerns games which are fully-voiced RPGs so I can have the English language track playing but then some French/German/Spanish/etc subtitles when in conversations.

As an example I'm currently playing Dragon Age 2 (currently on hiatus due to dead HDD) and would love to be able to have some French subtitles being a counterpoint to the English voices. Why? To see if it has any effect on my foreign language ability, which is something I'm always looking to improve.
    I suspect what I'm asking isn't possible because of publishers not wanting people in some regions/countries playing the games from others, which having all the subtitles could facilitate, as they do enjoy putting a penis in my ideas.

On topic: Dragon Age 2 is a lot of fun. It definitely doesn't deserve all the hate it gets seeing as the combat is very similar the the original, just sped up a bit, and the gameplay is very similar.
    There are places where it is worse, for example: repetitive environments, spawning enemies, dull loot system and some of the characters are just too... obsequiously written for the fans if you know what I mean.
    But in other ways it is, to me, better: generally better level design, no Bioware hub-with-3-or-4-directions mechanic, character-centric story is more appealing, better ability system, voiced protagonist and little UI/gameplay tweaks (it is now far easier & quicker to re-equip the whole party, no having to jump in and out of camp which could sometimes progress certain events far too rapidly).

I could be wrong here, but I *think* TRoT only ships in one language per region. German is in, well, German, BeNeLux regions are in English, US is English, Italian is Italian and (if my memory is right) Spanish is Spanish. If there is a Spanish one, that is. There isn't an English release, funnily enough.

You might be able to get the audio files from those games and mix-and-match, but I wouldn't really know how or if it's possible, sorry :(

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    How's the balance? The DS version had some difficulty curve problems for me.
    I would imagine it's the same, it does feel a tiny bit imbalanced in places but not enough to spoil any enjoyment.

I have however come across a nice bug yesterday that may require me to start the entire necro zone again as I can't seem to access a boss fight after mucking it up the first time. This has severely dampened my will to play it for a bit (that and I find the undead armies somewhat underwhelming).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Finished SP&Z, ended more with a whimper than a grand hurrah but I cant really fault it, it was probably the right ending for most people who had barely given their ships orders up until that point.

Uninstalling it so it doesn't tempt me back too easily, but its certainly one I'll return to once they add more content.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    I would imagine it's the same, it does feel a tiny bit imbalanced in places but not enough to spoil any enjoyment.
    Hmm... it's just that some of the early fights in the DS version (forest and city) seemed to be ridiculously hard for how early they were, and it annoyed me so much that I stopped playing. Well, I'll probably just continue to wait for a decent sale price, then. Thanks!

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Hmm... it's just that some of the early fights in the DS version (forest and city) seemed to be ridiculously hard for how early they were, and it annoyed me so much that I stopped playing. Well, I'll probably just continue to wait for a decent sale price, then. Thanks!
    There's a few fights you're better off coming back to after a couple of screens, if you notice the enemy has all level 5 troops vs your level 2, then go fight some other dudes first. Maybe that's become part of how my brain sees encounters from other heroes/kings bounty games lately, you can't necessarily take on everything close to you from the start. There's not been any insane fights that were required at the time.

About 6 hours in playing The Dark Spire. Running through the dungeon with just one Priest with the others dead, trying to get out while dragging their corpses alone was probably the hardest thing I've done in a DS game. Perservered, revived my party members in the temple one-by-one, and finally conquered the first floor of the Tower/Spire. Now, I'm killing Grave Robbers in the Basement. They're actually tougher than they look.

OTT, I always hated to save that Stalker at the Garbage. Not that I hated him, he tends to die almost every time I shot and killed one of the bandits. Spent 6 or so tries to actually save him.

You might be able to get the audio files from those games and mix-and-match, but I wouldn't really know how or if it's possible, sorry :(
    Can you let me know the file names of the audio folder in the game directory? If they're the same as mine, mix and match should be no big problem by just overwriting the EN audio folder with my German one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    With SP&Z filed away under P for "Put a fork in it, because it's done" I need to choose my next game to focus on. Deus Ex: Hilarious Radiation is a candidate but I'm almost ashamed to admit that boss fights you have to brawl with are required. In the original Deus Ex I didn't do boss fights, I either murdered the boss after a reload or laid a trap with plentiful explosives.

The Saboteur is my other thought, seamlessly swapping between pad and m&kb means a can drive the satisfyingly rickety cars with a pad and shoot with a mouse. It's WW2 GTA but it's still fun, not dry and not yet repetitive.

Also installed/close to hand is LA Noire, Crysis Warhead (with Crysis 2 waiting on origin), Liberty City: Episodes, 100% my Mass Effect 2 save in anticipation for ME3.

Ah to be less backlogged.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Can you let me know the file names of the audio folder in the game directory? If they're the same as mine, mix and match should be no big problem by just overwriting the EN audio folder with my German one.
    Here

I'm not particularly bothered about doing it, myself.

Activated Node
    Dead Island. It's a horrible game, repetitve as hell, the rpg and open world parts were obviously tacked on in the last minute and the the story and narration are cringe worthy but I still managed to clock in a good 20 hours so far and I don't see myself putting it away any time soon.

Also, I must have bought DoW2:Retribution at some point, because I found it sitting in my steam list last night. Eventhough I can recognize that DoW2 is a good game, it never really clicked with me, the only reason why I played it at all for any length of time is the WH40K background. But I didn't like the Blood Ravens, so I couldn't be bothered to finish either the original nor Chaos Rising.

Anyway, I enjoyed the four or five missions I played with the Imperial Guard yesterday, though much of that enjoyment came from the simple fact that I was commanding Space Wehrmacht Soldaten talking with a posh british accent. "Drive me closer, I want to hit them with my sword!"

Apart from that I'm (always) playing Puzzle Quest on my phone of eyes. Stupid, pointless game, can't stop playing it.

So, I finally installed GalCiv2: Ultimate Edition, and gave it a spin in the early evening yesterday as a study break. Seriously, next thing I knew, it was 3 in the morning, and I had to be up at 6.

This game is crack. One more turn is an understatement. I can't believe I haven't played it before now.
    Last edited by Chevy; 07-02-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Replaying Dragon Age: Origins while I debate buying Kingdom of Amalur.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Installed Arkham City and promptly found that the sound's not working properly on it. ¬_¬

And seemingly the problem has yet to be patched, which is ace.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.