Page 164 of 1234 FirstFirst ... 641141541621631641651661742142646641164 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 24672
    Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    I've recently finished Alice: Madness Returns, now I'm playing the firts game American McGee's Alice.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Was pleasantly surprised to find a retail copy of Fate of the World: Tipping Point (the original game and all expansions) exists, which came through the mail today. First game I've seen with a Rock Paper Shotgun quote plastered over it. The rather thin manual goes to great lengths to explain why it's not detrimental to the environment (case is made from recyclable plastics, manual is timber from FSC approved forest). You wouldn't believe how many DVDs and games with environmental messages don't even cover the basics when it comes to physical distribution.
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 08-02-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Kingdom of Amalur, This will keep my loot needs busy until Torchlight II comes out.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Tribes: Ascend. The fist MP fps I've tried since TF2 released. I appreciate that they've made something beyond a military manshoot; and I appreciate that they've not just relied on the robot suits and jetpacks to sell the game, but have crafted an identifying gameplay mechanic into something beyond a gimmick - that mechanic being the fun yet vital skiing. I've never experienced anything like blasting along a hilly landscape, accelerating down slopes and jetting up hills, all the while being chased by and shooting at other people travelling at the same extreme speeds.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    I never imagined there could be someone else that thinks like that. There must be, what, a thousand of us that played and liked Rise of Legends? And what are the odds that our next best RTS is another flop? Amazing.
    Yep, some of us get all the luck. :)

I finished the RUSE campaign yesterday, and liked it a lot, although the last few missions were quite tough. For the most part it's a straight historical affair (my favorite missions being those in Belgium during the Battle of the Bulge), but the last few go off the rails into a proto-Cold War showdown. Which I liked! It's fun to get creative with history. Now I'll be slowly working my way through the operations.

I've moved Anno 2070 up to the top slot, which so far is quite fun and pretty. I've just been getting acquainted with the campaign game, which is very, uh, accessible? To put it kindly. I'm going to start a continuous game next time I sit down with it and just dive in.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    I've moved Anno 2070 up to the top slot, which so far is quite fun and pretty. I've just been getting acquainted with the campaign game, which is very, uh, accessible? To put it kindly. I'm going to start a continuous game next time I sit down with it and just dive in.
    Leave it a week or so, Ubisoft are still pissing around.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I don't understand? I'm enjoying it right now, I see no need to wait.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I beat Tyrian; don't see myself going back to it anytime soon, but it was good enough to make me want to play more shmups.

I'm back to Super Mario Land 2, which is indisputably the greatest game ever made. Shadowgrounds is OK, but I feel like I'm going to play an hour or two every few days rather than devote myself to it.

I don't understand? I'm enjoying it right now, I see no need to wait.
    The servers are up and down more than an Essex girl's panties, and have been since release.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sounds like I need to go to Essex.

I've been playing in offline mode, with minimal problems.

But I do have other games on deck if Ubi locks me out. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar

I've been playing in offline mode, with minimal problems.

But I do have other games on deck if Ubi locks me out. :)
    "Offline mode" is missing a fairly significant volume of content.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    More than the ark upgrades? I haven't been able to see a nice online v. offline list, so if you could steer me toward one, that would be much appreciated.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That's what you get for buying the game, criminal scum! Wait, that's not right...
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    More than the ark upgrades? I haven't been able to see a nice online v. offline list, so if you could steer me toward one, that would be much appreciated.
    Closest I can find is a discussion here, it sounds like the ark upgrades are the biggest loss (and a significant part of the game):

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/62610...-2070/61266337

I don't have the game (as a direct result of this nonsense) so can't compare myself.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Leave it a week or so, Ubisoft are still pissing around.
    I love Anno 2070 but I suck so much at the economy. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    I love Anno 2070 but I suck so much at the economy. :(
    It's easy.

Play it slowly, don't panic and remember that it's going to take hours upon hours of playtime to really get it sorted in your head.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Y'know the metaphor about the village bike? Imagine that but without the saddle...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    It's my fault for playing on hard but Battlefield bad company 2 singleplayer is proving to be a slog at times. If I carry both the auto shotgun for room clearing and a ranged rifle for ranged fights it means no rocket launcher.

I really ought to go back to medium
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Protip: Don't bother with the Battlefield singleplayer experience.

Honestly though, I gave up on the BC2 campaign after getting stuck at an on-rails turret on the back of a truck part where I was getting blown up at the same time somewhat inexplicably. What I did play, I enjoyed more than the BF3 campaign (which is saying very little).

Activated Node
    I've been playing Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade since I picked it up in the Steam sale. It's a lovely game and the campaign is really cleverly done. I was never a fan of the W40K universe, but I'm warming up to the Imperial Guard and the Tau. The game also makes it clear what I missed from its bigger brother: base building. It's been ages since I've played a base building game and it's lovely to play one again. I just wish I could build fluff to add to my bases.

Quick edit: Does anyone have a recommendation for a good base-building game?
    Last edited by Cryptoshrimp; 08-02-2012 at 08:40 PM.