Page 166 of 1238 FirstFirst ... 661161561641651661671681762162666661166 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,320 of 24756
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sproutmask View Post
    I would also definitely read this, I like both AAR's (I think this one is probably my favourite ever: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/captain-smith/) and a bit of Napoleon or Empire:TW. I've noticed that a lot of really good AAR's are done in parts, so maybe try the RPS style of posting some of it when you feel like you've finished a chapter?
    I've started the AAR here if you're still interested.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    You sound like the kind of player that got me to stop playing BC2.

Also, unranked chopper: beep beep beep beep beep beep beeeeeeeeee bibibibibibi fwoosh beep beep beep beep beep beep beeeeeeee bibibibibibibi BOOM respawn
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    You sound like the kind of player that got me to stop playing BC2.
    And there you have it folks: proof that giving a shit ruins games.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptoshrimp View Post
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a good base-building game?
    the C&C games (except 4), SupCom, Total Annihilation, Rise of Nations, Dune II/2000, Warcraft III.... Starcraft?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    And there you have it folks: proof that giving a shit ruins games.
    Well, it's more the "why am I playing a team game where it's pretty obvious most of my team fails to give a shit?" aspect of it.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Alien vs Predator 3. I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying this. I haven't tried the Alien or Predator campaigns yet, but the marine campaign is pretty good. While it may not match the older AvP2 in terms of level design or scope, I much prefer the combat in this one--especially the melee/block system (it's a much more up close/claustrophobic game than its predecessors, which requires melee more).

But I think the real reason I like it is the no-check point nightmare mode. I really, really, wish more games would implement a no check point/no save mode. It makes playing the game so much more suspenseful/fun when you know you have to start over if you die. I actually find myself being aware of my surroundings and planning ahead. But I suspect more designers don't do it because you have to specifically design levels that will work with it (i.e. not to long and not too hard to be manageable in one go).

Dead Island, for example, would have been 1,000 times more awesome if they would have found a way to build the game around the idea of survival and perma-death.
    Last edited by Juan Carlo; 09-02-2012 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Well, it's more the "why am I playing a team game where it's pretty obvious most of my team fails to give a shit?" aspect of it.
    That's an excellent question, and one that I would ask myself every day... If I gave a shit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    That's an excellent question, and one that I would ask myself every day... If I gave a shit.
    This is like the age old debate of.. Nope, can't think of anything.

What is the supreme way to play low level in BF:BC 2 *, I tried conquest hardcore but the moment I left my helicopter/tank snipers became extremely problematic and between team killers and base vehicle thieves anything heavier than a car was rare.

*I won't be playing BF3 because the AI responses in multiplayer are pointlessly sweary and I game with my son.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

This is like the age old debate of.. Nope, can't think of anything.

What is the supreme way to play low level in BF:BC 2 *, I tried conquest hardcore but the moment I left my helicopter/tank snipers became extremely problematic and between team killers and base vehicle thieves anything heavier than a car was rare.

*I won't be playing BF3 because the AI responses in multiplayer are pointlessly sweary and I game with my son.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    I picked up Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box today.

Spent about an hour whizzing around crashing into shit, and so far I'm... certainly not unimpressed. I think the UI's a little crap and cars seem to become "wrecked" very easily, but yeah, I enjoyed some of it. I seem to get lost easily, though, and the game decides constantly that I'm trying to beat times on certain roads when I'm not.

Edit: And come on, Critereon - Why is the lady biker's jacket half undone? What's the point?

Bumout Paradise is always trying to get you to do your best, even if you are just cruising to the starting line. The more you learn the map the more fun you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    the game decides constantly that I'm trying to beat times on certain roads when I'm not.
    You can turn those Road Rules off using the menu thinger that's accessed using the number pad arrows, or d-pad. For me, the main annoyance in Burnout Paradise is the stupid DJ giving completely irrelevant advice. After losing a race: "hey you can't win if you go too far off course." Thanks for that, except I followed the same route the AI did. The reason I lost was because I crashed nine times.

Quote Originally Posted by ZamFear View Post
    You can turn those Road Rules off using the menu thinger that's accessed using the number pad arrows, or d-pad. For me, the main annoyance in Burnout Paradise is the stupid DJ giving completely irrelevant advice. After losing a race: "hey you can't win if you go too far off course." Thanks for that, except I followed the same route the AI did. The reason I lost was because I crashed nine times.
    Ha! Yeah, DJ Atomik (or whatever) is a bit annoying, but as far as announcers go he's far from the worst. I'll try and turn them off, though, thanks for that!

Given it another go this afternoon and I'm already at 11% complete, mostly 'cos I just drove around, got lost, did jumps and crashed into everything. It's definitely growing on me!

Network Hub
    Half-Life 2, because my video card burned out and my integrated ati x1250 can't handle much.

After sampling through a few RPG's in my backlog that I haven't played before, I decided to play Gothic 3 again. I think this time I will play a mage, and will side with the Devil Worshippers.

Quote Originally Posted by ZamFear View Post
    You can turn those Road Rules off using the menu thinger that's accessed using the number pad arrows, or d-pad.
    Apparently it seems to turn it off... until it turns itself back on :|

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    The only advice I can give you is "Don't play hardcore." It's been a month or two since I played BC2 though... Might be hard to find a populous server without it.

The Darkness 2 demo: Not bad, not bad at all if it were not for the dark nice looks. For some reason game engines in the past 5 years or so have looked so nice my brain cant process whats happening half the time. Must be getting old.
    A cardinal sin however (for me at least), and I apologise for the caps lock:
    I AM PLAYING WITH THE STINKING KEYBOARD AND MOUSE! I AM NOT PLAYING WITH A 360 PAD! STOP FUCKING TELLING ME TO PRESS "X" OR "A" TO DO AN ACTION! STUPID FUCKING PAD FUCK BALLS TESTICLES HATS SKODA SHINKANSEN!!!
    Sorry, had to vent.

The only advice I can give you is "Don't play hardcore." It's been a month or two since I played BC2 though... Might be hard to find a populous server without it.
    I hate 3D overlay, its too easy to spot sneak attacks.

Wow, I can not beat the last level of Super Mario Land 2. I've had to grind for coins twice to get extra lives, but the damn gambling machine won't give me what I need. (999 coins for 5 lives... OK) Every level up until this one was perfect, but this one is a fucking gauntlet.