Page 168 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 681181581661671681691701782182686681168 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 23659
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    KoA: Reckoning. I honestly can't say anything bad about it. The combat is incredible, the art style is really cool and it showers me with rewards and collectibles. Until Diablo 3 launches this is what I'll play for loot-whoring purposes. Another brilliant title from Big Huge Games!
    I can, but the combat feels more fun and active than DA:O, which is taking up the other half of my time.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    So after criminally taking up a promotional free trial/discount code. I ended up with a free copy of Rochard, played the hell out of it last night, and while the story doesn't give too much away about pacing I think I'm mostly done.

It's a genetic throw back to 16bit games like Bionic Commando, Contra and Castlevania but it's also a fast paced physics puzzler with strains of Portal and The Ball.

I whole heartedly recommend it, whether you buy it or get it free off IGN. I will be following this developer closely.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

112 people and i-don't-know-how-many-more people died in two plane crashes, tonight. But, years pass in a few minutes in SimCity 2000 apparently. I thought the disasters option was set to No Disasters while I was cooking, but when I came back, it just happened and the News appeared on screen. "112 Die As Plane Crash" or something like that.

Network Hub
    Recently tried to go back and play SpaceChem again, but I think its the sort of game where you need to get used to how everything works so jumping back onto the fourth or fifth planet isn't ideal.

Also trying to play Hammerfight, because I think its an interesting concept and I quite like the meatiness of the combat. Its just a shame its so dam hard...

And my main game right now is Gothic 2. Still trying to get used to the controls, but I've got high hopes for the rest of the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Gave Magic the Gathering: Tactics a run this evening. Much better than I expected it to be, and I think it's a very interesting blend between Guardians of Graxia, Magic the Gathering and Spectromancer.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    112 people and i-don't-know-how-many-more people died in two plane crashes, tonight. But, years pass in a few minutes in SimCity 2000 apparently. I thought the disasters option was set to No Disasters while I was cooking, but when I came back, it just happened and the News appeared on screen. "112 Die As Plane Crash" or something like that.
    Disasters that knock down buildings or cause physical repercussions in your city. That generated news story that you read was just fluff.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Gave Magic the Gathering: Tactics a run this evening. Much better than I expected it to be, and I think it's a very interesting blend between Guardians of Graxia, Magic the Gathering and Spectromancer.
    Does that have a singleplayer mode of any kind or is it multiplayer only?
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    Does that have a singleplayer mode of any kind or is it multiplayer only?
    There's a single player campaign, but you still need to be connected and what have you, and you only get the first chapter. The rest are ~250SC each, which works out about $2.50 or 2.

Having to be connected isn't an issue. It looks really interesting but I have zero desire to play with people so something singleplayery is desirable. Might have to give the first chapter a go then at some point seeing as it's F2P (at start) and all.

The tutorial does a good job of easing you in, too, and it comes up before you do much else (only thing before is making your character).

It's a 3GB download, little updating after - pretty smooth experience, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Disasters that knock down buildings or cause physical repercussions in your city. That generated news story that you read was just fluff.
    No, it happened. The No Disasters option wasn't selected (by accident). I saw a plane spinning down out of control. But the real disaster started when my forest in the hills somewhere near the city went up in flames. Good thing I paused to get the firemen there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I just spent an hour and a half with Breakdown on the Xbox. Completely bizarre game. I was pretty annoyed at it for the first 45 minutes or so, but once the game stops fiddling around with guns and busts out the fists it gets a hell of a lot better. The game has a better melee combat system than Zeno Clash or Riddick (I've yet to play Dark Messiah) and it gets points in the First-Person Brawler genre for being hard as fuck. I think that was my main issue with Zeno Clash: only the final boss really gave me trouble, so the combat never had any tension. Breakdown is just tearing me a new asshole. It starts you off with fairly simple 1v1s, but as soon as it starts throwing multiple enemies at you the combat becomes exponentially harder. I really wish I could bind block to something other than the right analog stick though...

I can definitely see why the game pretty much faded into obscurity the second it was released, though. I can see most people attempting to play it and hating it right away. The environments are hideous, the checkpoints are sadistic, there's frequent loading times... But I'm still loving the hell out of it. It's the kind of flawed gem that I always enjoy, and I wish it had gotten a sequel.

So, after many years of owning Fallout Tactics I've finally managed to really make my way in it. I'm at the final parts of the game, just about to finally get power armor too.

And now I think I've encountered a bug that stops me from advancing.

I am ever so slightly annoyed...

Making my way through the Companions's questline in Skyrim with my Orc warrior, I fought a cult of evil Necromancers in an icy cave. The fighting got really intense with me taking loads of damage while at the same time the number of enemy spellcasters dwindled rapidly (Berserk power ftw).

Then only the head cultist is left standing to oppose me. Icy darts pierce Oricsh armor, axe swings cut deep into flesh. The fiend gathers his remaining powers for one last Reanimation spell.

The spell is completed. Hearing the sound of a stiff body rising on shambling legs behind him, the exhausted warrior turns around to face this new threat and looks into the dark merciless eyes of an undead... goat. Sacrificed in an unholy ritual, called back from death to serve his master once again. The goat gives off a "Bah!" and hops away into the icy darkness of a nearby tunnel, to which the Necromancer responds with a distressed "Sigh!" just before a waraxe severes his head from his body.

I love this game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Finished Rochard, the story ended with a whimper but the gameplay* was great. Sure the slow thoughtful start gave way to a chaotic ending but isn't that always the way?

So what now? DXHR I think.

*Do we still use that or do we have to say game mechanics?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I just spent an hour and a half with Breakdown on the Xbox. Completely bizarre game.
    Well, you are playing a game with Breakdown as the title, right?

Sounds fun, though.

Just saved Smuggler's friend after a few tries. I just poisoned the whole area in the hideout where he's holded up and killed him by accident, once. /facepalm

Thank God for multiple saves.
    Last edited by Voon; 12-02-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    It's like Mirror's Edge (bodily awareness/immersion) meets Metal Gear Solid (menu design/art direction) meets Double Dragon (self-explanatory.) Every time you pick up ammo from an enemy, you'll actually bend over, grab his gun and remove the magazine. It takes forever, but it's such a cool touch that it doesn't really bother me. There's a lot of pointless shit you can do in the environment, too... Answering phones, reading clipboards and notes laying around. Kind of like Max Payne in that respect. It's also the first game since Resident Evil 3 to truly make me feel helpless... At least Amnesia let me barricade myself in. Knowing that I'm going to have to go up against Nemesis or the early enemies in Breakdown is just stressful.

So yeah, it's a bizarre amagation of a lot of games, but it's also wholly unique. Zeno Clash lifted a lot of elements from it, but I'm definitely glad i played and beat that game first because it doesn't even come close to Breakdown's ambitions. I've had Dark Messiah sitting on my shelf for a month or two, but I clearly need to play that next.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    So, after many years of owning Fallout Tactics I've finally managed to really make my way in it. I'm at the final parts of the game, just about to finally get power armor too.

And now I think I've encountered a bug that stops me from advancing.

I am ever so slightly annoyed...
    Can you describe what's happening to prevent advancement?
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Having finished with Brotherhood, I've moved straight onto Assassin's Creed Revelations. Singleplayer is solid enough so far, but as with AssBro, I've been focusing on the superb multiplayer.

I'm also playing Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon. I liked the first two games and this seems to have made the transition to 3D very well. Some of the voice acting's a bit dodgy in places, but Nico & George are both charming as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Can you describe what's happening to prevent advancement?
    Whenever I enter the Brotherhood Delta base, on foot or in vehicle, the game glitches out. The combat mode seems to be on (loading computer's side forever), the NPCs make their hovering comments in a massively hastened pace and seem to be glitched out themselves, and my team, while visually present in base entrance, seem to be outside the map's borders because if you try to focus on the characters, the camera throws you right at the edge of the map. In effect, my characters are completely stuck and I can't even try to move them because it's apparently the computer's turn, which never ends. Meaning I can't do anything and pretty much killing my advancement.

The game's patched, and the internet seems to know nothing of this sort of thing.