Page 169 of 1239 FirstFirst ... 691191591671681691701711792192696691169 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,380 of 24778
    Banned
    Has anybody played the WARGAME: European Escalation beta?

You have to preorder the game to get access but after seeing the trailers and with Red Dawn being my favourite ever film, World In Conflict been my favourite real time tactics game, it was always a no brainer for me.

It's reasonably realistic rts game and plays quite similarly to World In Conflict, but is far more sim-ish to WIC's frantic nature. You might go 5 minutes at the start of a match without laying eyes on the enemy... but then all of sudden tanks break out of the tree line, arty is pounding the map the fields are burning away while the smoke blocks your recon unit's vision and those helos look a little too close for comfort.

It jumps between sedate and frantic in an instant.

The graphical effects are all suitably lovely and colourful (though not overly) but I find myself too often as the eye in the sky, using the Supreme Commander level of zoom offered to maximum effect.

I'm hoping the single player provides an interesting journey, but single player RTS campaigns have been shit for me since the tears and joy that World In Conflict provided me. With a touch of polish this might be my next big RTS staple, something to get me off Dawn Of War 2...

Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    Mirror's Edge. The game seems rather short, but it's quite delightful.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroKnight View Post
    Mirror's Edge. The game seems rather short, but it's quite delightful.
    It's about 5-6 hours long if done with few mistakes. About average for a first-person game, eh? ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    It's about 5-6 hours long if done with few mistakes. About average for a first-person game, eh? ;)
    Needs more story, more puzzles, less ridiculous "waifish asian girl picks up belt-fed machine-gun, mows down room full of trained soldiers."

Otherwise nice. Perhaps a prequel that actually focuses on those messages the couriers were supposed to be sending?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    "waifish asian girl picks up belt-fed machine-gun, mows down room full of trained soldiers."
    I had never done it even tough I beat the game.

does need more story.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    I had never done it even tough I beat the game.
    There are definitely four places where there's a guy with an LMG sitting right in front of the exit you need. One of those places requires you to sit and wait for an elevator, and one of those places requires you to shoot a bunch of server farms. You can do it otherwise, buuut...
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    You don't need to shoot the servers, they simply need to be shot, but not necessarily by you.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    While I did have to shoot a server because it wasn't destroyed by soldiers I had never shot anyone in this game at any single point. And only one part was actually really difficult (other allowed fast jumping and escape)

I have a hard time believing anyone who paid attention to Mirror's Edge's story would want more of it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak View Post
    I have a hard time believing anyone who paid attention to Mirror's Edge's story would want more of it.
    Don't be stupid. Nobody wants a sequel to Mirror's Edge because they liked the story. It was on par with those cartoon esurance commercials a few years back.

"It" being the story itself, re: what Nalano and Lukasz said.

Quote Originally Posted by Oak View Post
    "It" being the story itself, re: what Nalano and Lukasz said.
    Well, Mirror's Edge presented a story vis a vis couriers running illicit information when everything else is being spied upon, and then completely abandoned it past the first mission.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

The story in Mirror's Edge is well, sort of interersting but it was quite poorly executed and the dialogues are just terrible. Then again, who gives a shit? The story's just an excuse plot to give some purpose to what are you doing in the game.

Spent my day with Wipeout (Pure and HD) and now I'm going to play F-Zero GX.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Spent my day with Wipeout (Pure and HD) and now I'm going to play F-Zero GX.
    You're in a world of hurt, man

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    You're in a world of hurt, man
    Jesus Christ, you aren't kidding. I tried for about an hour, but I couldn't even beat the first level. That is some ungodly difficulty. I think I'll stick with Wipeout for now, it's challenging without being a total fucking asshole about it.

Now Playing: DOTA2

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Well, Mirror's Edge presented a story vis a vis couriers running illicit information when everything else is being spied upon, and then completely abandoned it past the first mission.
    That's because it changed due to Faith being framed for murder, but her sister got taken or something.

It's been a while since I've played it, so my memory is a bit rusty.

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    That's because it changed due to Faith being framed for murder, but her sister got taken or something.

It's been a while since I've played it, so my memory is a bit rusty.
    No, its her sister, Kate that's being framed for murder and the story changes when Faith set out to stop her execution. And during that time, a few plot twists! *gasp* Surprises! And terrible dialogue!

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    No, its her sister, Kate that's being framed for murder and the story changes when Faith set out to stop her execution. And during that time, a few plot twists! *gasp* Surprises! And terrible dialogue!
    Oh. Well, shit happened.

I HATED THAT DAMNED BOAT.