Page 170 of 1241 FirstFirst ... 701201601681691701711721802202706701170 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 24802
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Has anybody played the WARGAME: European Escalation beta?
    Is infantry combat actually as bad as in the trailer? With all that random running'n'firing of huge crowds?

Star Wolves 1

Well, I only spent five minutes in it but, sadly, I think it's a pretty terrible game gameplay-wise and graphics are ugly as a sin. I'll give it a couple of hours to get good. Right now it feels like Homeworld meets Mechcommander. Sounds like a good idea, right? Well, the aidea is spoiled by a terrible execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Vegas 2 is clever but don't play it on hard, and the moment you get dropped down by a helicopter by yourself in a building outside a refinery just switch it off, it gets increasingly stupid from there.
    Batman: AC, if the melee combat and boss battles annoy you, or the scarecrow 2D stealth sections annoy you just know you'll have a whole lot of both before its over.
    Sonic Generations its not as good as sonic 3(and knuckles), but eh, it gets love, it is pretty.
    Crysis 2 and Dead island get alot of haters, but I don't know about either.
    Gee, I thought this was the "what are you playing" thread not the "critique my recent purchases" thread. My bad!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Finished Psychonauts, the game had its highs and lows. Take out the story and background though all that remains is a simplistic platformer. Also played E.Y.E. yesterday which is the worst game I have played in quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Also played E.Y.E. yesterday which is the worst game I have played in quite a while.
    Out of curiosity (I own E.Y.E but haven't played it yet), what did you find so wrong with it?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The story sucks. Something about conflict between two sub-groups of a secret society being in a conflict and with another third party. That's it.

The dialogue, oh god, the fucking dialogue. It's so bad that it is downright hilarious at times. You'll find lines like "Getting cybernetic upgrades will let you get hot chicks and be a badass, hahaha!" or "The police is to protect widows and orphans."

The gameplay sucks: Upgrading your character is made redundant by the fact that you can just pick up a sentry gun and let it do the work for you, which is what I did in the later half of my playthrough. The weapons don't matter because when the game throws dozens of enemies at you at a time and all you'll do is run around trying to rush to the objective.

There's no level design to speak of, each level consists of just a bunch of rooms you have to pass through to reach the objective. In all levels all you have to do is run to the objective, press enter, run back.

The art-syle sucks: You may think otherwise after watching the trailers and screenshots but that's just from the first fifteen minutes of the game, I shit you not. The rest of the game is fucking ugly, it's as if they the devs burnt their budget designing the first fifteen minutes of the game.

The multitude of bugs: No animations, weapons stop working, clipping, AI chars fail in committing suicide (literally)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    Gee, I thought this was the "what are you playing" thread not the "critique my recent purchases" thread. My bad!
    I actually like all of the games of those I've played. I think I was just being grumpy. R6Vegas riot shield is a beautiful thing for instance.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Oh. Well, shit happened.

I HATED THAT DAMNED BOAT.
    I've wasted 30 minutes to get on that boat without realizing that I could just hop into a truck, nearby. Yes, I are stupid.

(at least I found the secret bag there somewhere)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    I've wasted 30 minutes to get on that boat without realizing that I could just hop into a truck, nearby. Yes, I are stupid.

(at least I found the secret bag there somewhere)
    I was thinking more about the fights and stuff on it. Ugh :(

I was thinking more about the fights and stuff on it. Ugh :(
    That too. Those MG grunts are a pain in Hard mode and the levels, confusing. But I loved dodging the snipers and fighting *cough*Cel*cough*

I really dont like E.Y.E.
    I thought it was really good myself, but can understand why people would bounce off of it. The dialogue is awful, it overloads you with jargon early on (that means little to nothing until you start paying attention to the details) plus it has such a stupidly tough learning curve which just gives a very poor tutorial system which gets everything back-to-front.
    The story is not too bad, its just very opaque and you need to playthrough all 3 endings. Its very David Lynch in that if you miss something or are not thinking about somethings certain characters have said it'll possibly come across as a load of bull. IF thats good or bad is down to personal preference.
    I suppose you could pick up a gun and run through all the way, but thats the same as using any game breaking exploit in any game. You CAN do that, but I prefer just playing through normally. Again thatís personal choice.

I've seen people describe this as "The new Deus Ex" or whatnot, which is rubbish as E.Y.E. is first and foremost an FPS and plays like one. Itís not an RPG, itís not "Guns and conversation" itís a shooter where you can approach situations in whatever manner you please (provided you have the abilities). Mix that with the fact itís rough as hell (and the art in the game has a certain "Limbo of the Lost" style to it), then yeah most are going to view it as crap.
    Not noticed any of the weapons stopping working, plus "AI chars fail in committing suicide (literally)" Are you on about that guy you tell to kill himself?

Almost two pathetic years after having originally bought it, I finally tried out Aquaria yesterday, and immediately regretted waiting so long. This is a great, great game, and will definitely getting repeated playthroughs from me.

For more backlog nonsense, I also played both Samarosts yesterday. Very ... strange games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    That's because it changed due to Faith being framed for murder, but her sister got taken or something.

It's been a while since I've played it, so my memory is a bit rusty.
    Why have paint-by-numbers revenge/savior plot that gets sillier and sillier in its contrivances to keep you doing your running-like-your-ass-is-on-fire schtick when you already had a perfectly serviceable plot to keep you on those rooftops, making daring escapes?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Making my third run at the original Mass Effect. And this time I'm going to complete you, you bastard. *shakes fist*
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

The quest for NNGFAY continues; I'm about half-way through Jade Empire. The combat is laughable, but the world/art design is fantastic. Bioware created a memorable world here with a serviceable story so far. Oh, and John Cleese.
    Game Library Completion: 212/246 - 86.18%

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    it overloads you with jargon early on plus it has such a stupidly tough learning curve
    Uum... not really.
    The story is not too bad
    It is. You wake up, meet the mentor guy who wants join the groups under the Secreta and there's the commander who wants to screw the other group, plus there's the ongoing war with the Federation. That is it. Details involve you going on nonsensical quests to side with one of them. At least that's the idea I got after playing up to the ''plant three bombs'' mission.
    I suppose you could pick up a gun and run through all the way, but that's the same as using any game breaking exploit in any game.
    I just rushed through during the last half of my playthrough just to finish the damn thing quickly. It's not as if the choices provide anything substantive gameplay-wise.
    itís a shooter where you can approach situations in whatever manner you please (provided you have the abilities).
    The choices, like I said above, are just superfluous, summoning clones, sentries, hacking or whatever else isn't different than choosing between which weapon to pew-pew from in a CoD game.
    (and the art in the game has a certain "Limbo of the Lost" style to it)
    As in picked up from another source? Then, yes.
    Are you on about that guy you tell to kill himself?

This guy
    (six minutes into the video)

First Rage impressions:

1. Crashes a lot.
    2. Unskippable cutscenes.
    3. Doom 3 looks better than this.

Let's hope this gets better.

Multiquote thing.
    Just chopping that down as for other people reading this, essentially tripe, off-topic stuff its annoying (not an insult to anyone, I ignore most of those things as they simply become wall-of-text arguments). As I mentioned the David Lynch reference, if you want it to literally explain itself then yes I’ll agree the story is non-senical shite. To get the full gist of it you need to play through all 4 endings, but that means 4 play throughs and if the first one did your nut in, I agree, shit game.
    Just sounds like you did not enjoy it really. Cant blame you as I mentioned, its very rough and feels like they did little in the way of quality control when planning. A lot less “Hum… will this idea work?” and more “Lets just do it regardless of how lunatic it is”. Because of that there are lots of weird powers that seem fun if used correctly, but they totally screw the balance up e.g. the telefrag power being used on a sniper atop the tallest tower of doom. Once up there you cant get down.

As in picked up from another source? Then, yes.
    That I wont argue with and I have to condemn the artist/s for it. Surprised with the blatant Cyberdemons, WH40k direct copies, “Aliens” etc… they have not been sued for what they have done. Just scratching the surface with that.

Anyhow, if you want to talk more about this there should be a seperate thread rather then bog this one down anymore.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    In a week when I finally acquired my own copy of Skyrim (Steam MiniSale finally broke me) AND Kingdoms of Amalur, I find myself playing a lot of Skyrim and not as much Amalur (which surprised me, as I'm normally a blue-sky action game person but Skyrim is just so fucking lovely...)

Mind you - when Skyrim crashes (it seems to be particularly moody about reloading earlier savegames) I'll switch over to something much simpler - Soulcaster (1 or 2) as currently exclusive to the Valentines Indie Royale Bundle...

I'd played them before on 360 and I volunteered to BETA the PC versions and had a good time doing both and so I find myself playing them AGAIN.

There's something about playing them with a keyboard which feels 'right' - much better than the controller (digital game, analog controls never felt right)

For those who've not seen em - they're basically a mix of Tower Defense (deployable heros - you have to be smart and deploy on the move a lot tho) and olde-worlde NES-look RPG - and the PC versions get new Challenge Rooms for the extra-crafty amongst us.

Take a look if you're even remotely tempted - you won't regret it!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Been playing an embarassing amount of Burnout Paradise. It's quite good to pick up for 30 mins here and there, but I'm coming towards the end of the B License and I'm getting a bit bored of it. It wipes your events with each license so there's no way to truly track which ones you have and haven't done (although it doesn't particularly matter), and the jumps also suffer from no tracking - with billboards and "smashes" (i.e. fences), you know which ones you've done 'cos they either disappear (fences) or change to a damaged graphic (billboards), but jumps always look the same and it doesn't help that many are two-sided but only count as one.

It says 40% Complete, but I can see myself getting fed up before 50%.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Right now I'm playing through Metal Gear again because I got the HD collection the other week. So far I've played:
    Metal Gear (it was great, no real complaints)
    Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (sort of improved over MG, but the new multi-screen enemy tracking results in too many unfair spots)
    Metal Gear Solid (great right up until the super cheap fist fight at the end)
    Metal Gear Solid 2 (Tanker is great, Big Shell has way too many tutorial messages, but maybe that's just my opinion as someone who has finished it at least 20 times).

I'm dying to get on with Snake Eater, and I haven't played MGS4 in years, looking forward to starting that fresh again.

As for the PC, I'm always playing BF3, as in it's my standby online shooter so I dip in for an evening very frequently. I've recently rediscovered 64 player servers because a mate of mine decided he's had enough of MW3 (even though he had both preordered, and how it took him this long is beyond me, particularly as he also had bought Skyrim in the christmas sale), and I've been doing pretty well for myself lately... I fully expect that trend to change soon, though, it always does.

A bit of Borderlands here and there, the occasional shitting it around a track on Race 07 or GT Legends, and that's what I'm playing at the moment. When I'm finished with MGS I expect my PS3 will go back to a GT5 machine and I'll pick up Arkham City again.