Page 175 of 1260 FirstFirst ... 751251651731741751761771852252756751175 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,500 of 25181
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Eh? I just criticised DA:O too, and I like that game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Remember that Flemeth expected to die from Morrigan's machinations, so it's understandable she'd throw caution to the winds for a while to ensure her survival.
    Even more than that, you see here all of three times in DAO. The first time, she's all ":3" while your companions tell you she's the most powerful person in the entire area. The second time, Morrigan basically tells you she turned into a giant bird and plucked you out of a warzone because she knows exactly who you are and what you're capable of, and the third time she turns into a giant dragon with the expressed intent of kicking your ass.

She was never hidden. She was barely even coy. Hell, she herself says that the way she dealt with nosy nancies is to kill 'em, and easily.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I'm beginning to think nobody is going to congratulate me for that Maleficent comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    I'm beginning to think nobody is going to congratulate me for that Maleficent comparison.
    Well, when you said "Disney Maleficent," I immediately thought of that freakish preview for Epic Mickey.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I built a house for you. Now the rest of us can get on with talking about the games we're playing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I gave the new "indie" title 'Warp' a try on the consoleboxofXs earlier (it's Origin-only on PC atm, coming to Steam in a month-or-so apparently) and it's - well - it's "interesting".

Visually, it's a treat and it has a sense of humour and plenty of "oh wow that was NEAT" bits - but there are some NASTY design issues which, by the time the demo ran out, had pretty much worn me out.

1 - Without spoiling anything, you 'warp' around and you can 'warp' inside things and break them. To break them you have to 'waggle' the left stick - and you have to do this a LOT. Frankly, I was utterly pissed-off doing this after about 2 minutes, just make it a button press please, I'm not a performing seal...

2 - It likes loading stuff quite a bit, it's not so bad in the main levels, but it has these challenge levels where you have to complete objectives as quickly as possible and it reloads those EVERY time you try them AND makes you wait for a countdown before you can go. This is a massive, massive, massive ballache - esp on levels where there are only obstables to avoid and nothing to move/destroy (e.g. they DON'T NEED TO RELOAD THE BLOODY LEVEL)

3 - Quite a lot of bits will require some experimentation BUT checkpoints aren't too frequent which means you'll be repeating a fair bit of stuff. It's not a disaster but it does kinda grind a bit when you have to redo stuff in a what's basically a puzzle game.

Those things are a shame in what's otherwise a very imaginative and visually attractive thing - they're really schoolboy mistakes IMO and they're not unredeemable (and may be less of a problem on PC - who knows!!)

Here are my experiences with the free weekend for Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer, if anybody cares:

My first and only game look a minute to find a match, a minute to start the match while putting all level one players on the same team against three level 80 players on the other team, then we finally started playing. A few minutes into the match, one guy starts calling out someone else for hacking. The accused guy keeps on saying "mad" repeatedly. Then the angry guy begins throwing out insults and curses left and right, culminating with "go die a slow death you jew ass pussies."

I uninstalled the game as soon as my match ended. As they say, Never Again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miker View Post
    Here are my experiences with the free weekend for Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer, if anybody cares:

My first and only game look a minute to find a match, a minute to start the match while putting all level one players on the same team against three level 80 players on the other team, then we finally started playing. A few minutes into the match, one guy starts calling out someone else for hacking. The accused guy keeps on saying "mad" repeatedly. Then the angry guy begins throwing out insults and curses left and right, culminating with "go die a slow death you jew ass pussies."

7/10

Its the lowest possible score which is statistically valid.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I've pretty much been playing Wipeout Pure exclusively.

Seriously, has anyone ever beaten F-Zero GX? There's literally no twitch reaction or reflex; it's pure memorization at supersonic speeds.
    Really? I found the AI to be quite ruthless (But fair). The tracks in the game are pretty expansive (Because of the insane speeds you're racing at) and not that hard to remember frankly, I always had a much tougher time with the AI because of how aggressive they were and required swift reflexes on my part. Some of the story mode challenges on hard difficulty made me cry though. :(

One of my favourite games ever. Don't think any other game has come close to capturing the feeling of sheer speed that GX has. Its arcade brother - AX - is amazing too, the cabinet it was housed in really added to the game.

CoD4: MW was the last CoD game I played and I loved it. The multiplayer lasted me a good eighteen months to two years. Very few games capture the reflexive nature of multiplayer CoD, I take it the sequels still retain this?

One of my favourite gaming moments happened in a CoD4 tffa game. It was on the aircraft hangars level with the nuke silos, Countdown I think? Somehow, just one enemy and me found each other at close range with him carrying a P90 and me a Skorpion in a corner of the map. We circle strafed each other perfectly emptying our clips and not landing a shot. Both of us went to reload but halfway through my reload I found myself charging him and knifed him. Pure instinct. I wasn't even thinking, it was one of those Batman like "I just did it" moments.

And this was on hardcore mode.
    Last edited by khaz; 17-02-2012 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miker View Post

I think that succinctly sums up most MPFPSs. And I still put in 115 hours into BF3. You begin to tune out the "keep hacking, cocksucking nigger faggot jew," or, at least, it gives you cause to seek the perp out and grief him with C4 charges.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    I think that succinctly sums up most MPFPSs
    Never happened to me in Project Reality, SWAT 4 or Natural Selection and I've passed 300 hours in each (maybe only 200 in swat, but it's exhausting).

You do get hack accusers and occasion griefers but administrators usually fix that in short order.

This is part of why dota is such a breeding ground for contempt, no admins ever.

Loaded up my save in DA:O this week, and have been really enjoying getting back into it. I abandoned it about 18 months ago after I hit some issues with the DLC and a corrupt save game, meaning I lost all the items and storage benefits from the Warden's Keep DLC.

Someone said that they're not that great anyhow, so I'm just ploughing on without them, and having a blast so far. I've just finished saving the boy Conor and am now trapsing round Denerim looking for trouble.. and a Sacred Urn. Great stuff.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Still playing Amalur, still enjoying it. The only gripe I have is that sometimes I end up launching into a move I didn't want by accident and then I get hugely punished for it because I can't blink out of trouble or use my shield til its done its animation. This is where I take 99% of my damage against kobolds from, with their bloody spears and bombs.

I have to agree with Heliocentric here -- my 200+ hours in TF2 and about 50 hours in Bad Company 2 never had stuff that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Never happened to me in Project Reality, SWAT 4 or Natural Selection and I've passed 300 hours in each (maybe only 200 in swat, but it's exhausting).

You do get hack accusers and occasion griefers but administrators usually fix that in short order.

This is part of why dota is such a breeding ground for contempt, no admins ever.
    Must...resist...urge to go back to Project Reality. That sucker had me playing every spare moment I could for a good 6 months. 6 months when I desperately needed a new job but mostly played PR.

I'm finally going through the list of Steam games I own but never played.
    Finished Ass Creed 1 & 2.
    1 got boring quite quickly so I skipped most of the extra missions.
    2 Was much better and I did a large majority of the side missions.
    I'm looking forward to getting brotherhood and playing that at some point in the near future.

Today I started on Rage, which was an absolute bitch to get running. It took me a good hour of searching for the right settings for my graphics card to get the game to not judder or have the textures constantly flicker.
    Once it was running the game seemed pretty fun although I didn't get long to try it out before work.
    The pistol with the Fatboy rounds is very satisfying.

Network Hub
    Ok so.. I've bought a copy of Borderlands to my multiplayer pal because the group I've played with before kinda dropped on this game and I really wanted to finish it BUT we can't connect in the friggin' game! I really don't know what to do.. We tried Hamachi, Gameranger but nothing works.. We tried it every possible way - online play, LAN game, me as a host, then he - everything! But it just doesn't work.. So currently I am playing nothing and my blood pressure is somewhere between "heart attack" and "dead." GAH!

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer, I'll play the Single when I own the game. This is pretty good, but which departmental chimp decided peer to peer was a good idea?

I actually had lots of fun once the other players quit and I was by myself, with the resulting 0 ping game.

By myself i had a ball of a time, leaping from cover to cover fighting enemies. I can see this being great, but my god, peer to peer, are these people really that stupid?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I too had that concern with it being P2P, especially considering the last foray into small-scale P2P co-op of Space Marine, but this seemed to work pretty well for me. It was either no connection, a bit of lag before migrating host or fine. Sure it would be nice, but it seems to run rather well.